User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The most extravagant thing we've heard about her is Dennis Wilson spending her money for that pool, not her spending it. We've no reason to think she's got to replenish the coffers.
Michele
It was Dennis who was the extravagant one. I know nothing about a pool. But for Valentines Day he surprised Christine by having a huge chunk of her yard cut out in the shape of a heart and filled with flowers, and the cost of it was billed to her! So classy, Dennis! I remember seeing the story and picture featured in a magazine, likely Rolling Stone. I have the clip somewhere. Years later Christine recalls that she was not particularly happy to come home to see her yard all dug up. That was her most tumultuous relationship. Dennis was a sad mess.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-03-2014 at 04:56 PM..
Old 10-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It was Dennis who was the extravagant one. I know nothing about a pool.
He accidentally burned down her pool house. Michele
Old 10-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He accidentally burned down her pool house. Michele
What a train wreck he was. Parting ways with him was the best decision she ever made.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What a train wreck he was. Parting ways with him was the best decision she ever made.
Stevie took her sloppy seconds.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Aren't all of Christine's Tusk and Mirage songs about Dennis and her relationship with him?

If they don't ever play Hold Me live, I would at least like to know why. That was one of their biggest hits back in the day.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with your take. We all love money, but Christine is 70 and has no kids. She seems to be living comfortably. I can't imagine any reason why she would be trying to stockpile the cash right now. The most extravagant thing we've heard about her is Dennis Wilson spending her money for that pool, not her spending it. We've no reason to think she's got to replenish the coffers.

Stevie has lots of people on her payroll. The guys all have kids and I'm sure they want to secure their futures. But Christine? I mean, I'm sure she loves her nieces and nephews, but why leave millions to them? I just don't see money as her main motivator.

Michele
Totally agree with you - Christine was quoted as being worth over £25 million ($40 million) even before The Dance was released and with royalties still totting up she must be very comfortable financially to say the least. With no kids and seemingly no entourage like Stevie I think she's the least likely of the five to need the money. It's a factor yes, but not the be all and end all.

Am so, so happy to see how well she's being received, she has slotted back into the band seamlessly. She looks and sounds wonderful too. It's a dream come true for us all
Old 10-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Aren't all of Christine's Tusk and Mirage songs about Dennis and her relationship with him?

If they don't ever play Hold Me live, I would at least like to know why. That was one of their biggest hits back in the day.
They played it on the Mirage tour.

I BELIEVE they never felt they did justice to the recording, live.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
Totally agree with you - Christine was quoted as being worth over £25 million ($40 million) even before The Dance was released and with royalties still totting up she must be very comfortable financially to say the least. With no kids and seemingly no entourage like Stevie I think she's the least likely of the five to need the money. It's a factor yes, but not the be all and end all.

Am so, so happy to see how well she's being received, she has slotted back into the band seamlessly. She looks and sounds wonderful too. It's a dream come true for us all
Are they? If she sold her songs when she quit and went back to the UK does she still receive royalties? Anyone know?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree about Hold Me. I think they need another song like Little Lies with all three band members singing together--Hold Me and Think About Me stand out to me. Stevie and Lindsey don't really have those kinda of songs in their arsenal. Maybe if you talk to Mick he'll have an explanation. Or maybe it'll just happen?
Old 10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
If it were to just play music , the songs would not be the tired old hits they would have added their own favorites to play and brought life to the set list at he end of the day it is FLEETWOOD MAC INC they are really no longer a band but a Business
Is it for the music and the bond they all share or is it about the money...The fact that they put together another "Cash Grab Reunion Tour" with lightening speed says a lot...
Old 10-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie took her sloppy seconds.
not the first time (coughCurrycough)
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Are they? If she sold her songs when she quit and went back to the UK does she still receive royalties? Anyone know?
Yes, she does. She only sold publishing rights.

Michele
Old 10-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Dashut said he doesn't think they will tour again at this level-- I gather he means big world tour-- he says because age and etc will take its toll. Who knows.

Might be that's why they decide to tour before doing another studio album..? Tour while everyone's health is still good, their voices aren't totally shot and whatever else… then do an album which is easier for old farts than the strain of touring…

But no one will know til the time comes whether they will actually tour again or not. If we figure an album not before late 2015 or, as it's seeming now, 2016, will they really want to tour in 2016? Maybe. Fingers crossed everyone's still in good shape in 2 or 3 years.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
She still makes sh*tloads from Rumours. (It is #11 in the UK album chart this week, it's the cash cow that keeps on giving).

She also made a lot of money from Everywhere which was re-released last year for an advert, that also charted in the UK top 20 singles chart.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They played it on the Mirage tour.

I BELIEVE they never felt they did justice to the recording, live.

Yeah they only played it on the Mirage tour because it was a single from that album. If they can make Everywhere work live, they can do Hold Me.