The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What are you doing about getting Bob Welch inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Mr Fleetwood?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I would ask Mick about reissuing the back catalogue in remastered/expanded form. I'd also enquire about the possibility of a super deluxe Tusk release along the lines of the Rumours set from last year plus dvd's of live shows/film clips. I would impress upon him the relatively minor cost of remastering in the hope those dollar signs would commence flashing - as long as he realises there's a fast buck to be made, these reissues would be forthcoming.

I wish this site had a "Like" button, I'd like this comment
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
In the past, I always made up Christine questions to ask Mick in my head. Now, there's no need to do that anymore.

Michele
in the past, i asked him Christine questions several times. now there's no need for that anymore, since i'm not paying $750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
You guys should hear new ideas and suggestions, like a special 50th anniversary concert + ideas to keep a setlist fresh and interesting for fans while still being fulfilling for casual concertgoers and nascent fans. Plus, someone who could remind you of how you played songs in the past (Sisters of the Moon used to rock; Isn't It Midnight is a great lost uptempo rock song; Albatross is one of the greatest Fleetwood Mac songs). ;p
all and more in that vein already heard and asked at various m&gs with him i was at last year.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
In the past, I always made up Christine questions to ask Mick in my head. Now, there's no need to do that anymore.

Michele
Which Christine questions have you asked him. And what did he say?

Sorry if you already shared.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
What are you doing about getting Bob Welch inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Mr Fleetwood?
Great one!!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Which Christine questions have you asked him. And what did he say?

Sorry if you already shared.
i don't remember anymore. i think there were some that you suggested. yeah, i shared on Christine forum if i remember correctly, and you liked the answers.

one of them was something along the lines - if Christine doesn't want to tour and Stevie doesn't want to make an album with FM, would they be open to making an album with Christine and touring with Stevie. he said something like - definitely, all options are on the table and anything is possible.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. If you do have a new book coming out, are you going to correct the "inaccuracies" from your first one?

2. Any more forgotten footage (ie Japan 1977 concert) around somewhere? I'd love to see more footage from the Tusk tour.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've seen you quote the $750 figure a couple of times now. I know you're quoting VIP/Platinum prices, but you can buy tier 1/floor seats on Ticketmaster for $179.50. Nosebleeds start at $49.50. Not exactly cheap, but more affordable than some of the Mac's contemporaries.

Edit: I just looked at Dallas' Platinum seats, and they aren't too many of them... none of them are even in the first 4 rows, either. I think you can do better just going for the regular $179.50 seats. If you're lucky, you'll nab a closer seat at a fraction of the cost.
I've seen friends post that THAT'S what they've paid for their tickets.

"Oh, gag. I just shelled out $1500 for 2 tix in the 2nd row for Indianapolis. Honestly, I really don't care if I get to meet Mick, but I've been waiting 16 years for this, so might as well go whole hog." - Someone from the Ledge.

I told my DIEHARD friends that I'd do $500/per. But beyond that, nope. Nosebleeds or F them. Prices are insane. Again, I'm willing to pay $500 for ONE F*CKING TICKET(my friends want to be in the first 10 rows), but $500 apparently isn't in the ballpark... Either nosebleeds, or I'll just buy the DVD.

And this isn't just for doing the Mick meet and greet. Others have posted the same.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
1. If you do have a new book coming out, are you going to correct the "inaccuracies" from your first one?
If that's your aim, these are absolutely fantastic in terms of ensuring that we never get another Mick Q&A!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would ask for UK Tour dates but probably more important Europe dates as they're much, much cheaper and I need to source good Hotel in Amsterdam.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd like to know what Mick's ideal FM setlist would be, if it were up to him, all preconceptions about "must-do songs" aside.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
If that's your aim, these are absolutely fantastic in terms of ensuring that we never get another Mick Q&A!
Well I guess it depends if you want to ask the serious questions or just the usually pretty sugar-coated questions that most fans would ask. Frankly don't do a Q&A if you aren't prepared for some questions that might not be all sparkles and glitter.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

I would ask Mick what he plans to do about the removing the stain that he and other FM members cast upon the the great tapestry that is the tradition of FM and it's music, by omitting Bob from the RRHOF.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I would ask Mick what he plans to do about the removing the stain that he and other FM members cast upon the the great tapestry that is the tradition of FM and it's music, by omitting Bob from the RRHOF.
HALLELUJAH!!!!

Mick doesn't care, because there's NO financial incentive for him. Chris trumps Bob, and he made his choice...

He'd sell you Biddy's used panties for $50.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:17 AM

I would ask him if I could have his balls. They must be worth a lot!