The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what do YOU want LB to do in 2014?
solo album 9 19.15%
solo touring (either as one man or with the band, specify preference in the text) 8 17.02%
more FM touring 4 8.51%
FM album 26 55.32%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey would sure be one busy man...

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I'm pretty sure he prefers it that way, luckily for us!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
he's been that way, since 2011. no time to waste! why stop now?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Linds is a workaholic. He would go crazy if he doesn't work.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Harsh as it sounds I couldn't care less about FM.....solo Lindsey is the route for me.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 01-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there's is a thread in SN forum about what do her fans expect she'll do after current FM tour... i'm curious what would fans want LB to do in 2014?

we can speculate with near certainty what LB wants to do :
  • FM album
  • more FM touring
but hopefully we can count on SN to put an end to that . i'm suspecting people who are primarily FM fans would love LB's plans above, but LB (and SN) solo fans - not so much.

poll options:
  • solo album
  • solo tour (either one man show or with the band, specify in the text)
  • another FM tour leg
  • FM album

additional options that i'm not putting in the poll would be:
  • solo album and tour
  • FM album (or more EPs) and tour
i will not put as an option more one-off collaborations and small projects b/c LB seems to have done tons of those over the last 2 years, while putting out new music / albums and touring at the same time, so that's almost a given - hopefully there will be more of those.

if you have some other options that you'd prefer (broadway musical as per Mick ), do not hesitate to list them in the text!
now when 2014 is firmly behind us, i felt a bit nostalgic so looked at what we were talking about a year or so ago... and found this thread predicting and wishing what 2014 may bring.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Depressing! Or maybe frustrating. Nobody got what they wanted, with the exception of three.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I don't think there will be a BN, but if there is, at least the tickets will be cheaper than they are for FM.

Michele
There is no point of a Buckingham Nicks tour. It's just the slightest departure from what they have already done. It would be a small sample of songs from the album, accompanied by Fleetwood Mac songs, sans Christine.

The Buckingham Nicks brand became redundant when they joined and redefined Fleetwood Mac. At the very least, they should re-release the album (with lots of bonus tracks!).

The could perform a few of the songs in the context of Fleetwood Mac, which isn't an unprecedented event. Don't Let Me Down Again and Crystal became Mac songs, and Frozen Love was performed once, maybe twice! Crystal is long-deserving of a live performance.

Consider ourselves fortunate if Fleetwood Mac cranks out one more album, and maybe one more tour, and that Stevie and Lindsey will continue their solo careers, providing us with new music. Maybe Christine will surprise us with one more solo album. I don't see a Buckingham Nicks tour being on the list of anyone's priorities.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-03-2015 at 01:45 AM..
Old 01-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... according to you! most peeps seem to put SWS in his 2 top albums.

i want another solo album, but my first choice is solo tour. OMS solo tour. with the requests. as he promised. OMS with requests can be very very different from his last year's tour.

solo tour with requests makes complete sense. and much more sense than more Mac. or stuck-in-the-ancient-past BN songs.
just like U- eye would want a OMS lindsey solo tour..... request songs??? not sure he would ever do that! his character --- just don't C him open to that (JMO)

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-03-2015 at 02:08 AM..
Old 01-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
just like U- eye would want a OMS lindsey solo tour..... request songs??? not sure he would ever do that! his character --- just don't C him open to that (JMO)
If he does another solo tour I hope he tours Australia, or at least England.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I picked a Fleetwood Mac album because this is the first time in a long time where I think it is actually possible. With Chris back in the mix and several studio tracks already completed, a new album is highly possible.

But I certainly would love another "Gift of Screws" or "Seeds we Sow." The One Man Show was probably my least favorite solo tour (I still saw 3 shows), aside from "Stephanie." He didn't really change the set enough to make it an acoustic show.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i like how people took this 2014 poll and turned it into 2015 poll!

i guess maybe we should do 2015 one, but seems kinda pointless since we already know that 2015 is pretty much booked solid with FM tour, and we can only hope they do some wrapping up and releasing of that FM album maybe some time before Australia/NZ in november.

Quote:
well i have somewhere a recording of his banter with the audience towards the end of his Knoxville OMS show in 2012, where he not only promised he would do a request portion of the show, but went into some detail how he's thinking that can be done, so... you know i'll hold him to it, even if he forgets.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just for completeness, since i can't close the poll without closing the thread and don't want to necessarily do that, this was the state of the poll before any 2015 votes came in (i think, i'm not completely sure about the solo album and solo touring numbers, but i think these are correct):

View Poll Results: what do YOU want LB to do in 2014?

solo album ----- 9
solo touring (either as one man or with the band, specify preference in the text) ----- 8
more FM touring ----- 2
FM album ----- 22

Old 01-05-2015, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i like how people took this 2014 poll and turned it into 2015 poll!

you know i'll hold him to it, even if he forgets.
Topics don't have expiration dates.
I hope holding Lindsey works!
But I'm cynical. I think he will conveniently forget. I can only image that if he was open to requests, fans would pick obscure and never performed songs. I don't think he would be prepared for that. But if the requests were songs like Big Love, Never Going Back Again, Go Insane, or I'm So Afraid, he'd happily oblige!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-05-2015 at 01:11 AM..
Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Topics don't have expiration dates.
topics may or may not, but polls predicting what's gonna happen in the year that just passed don't make much sense.
Quote:
I hope holding Lindsey works!
But I'm cynical. I think he will conveniently forget. I can only image that if he was open to requests, fans would pick obscure and never performed songs. I don't think he would be prepared for that.
i have no doubt he will conveniently forget, so he may need to be continually reminded.

you made me dig out that recording from 2012, where after fans' yelling bunch of requests like Rodeo, Red Rover, Underground, among others, he started describing his thinking about how to do the request portion of the show - http://www.mediafire.com/watch/2kqlx...st_portion.wmv

this was not the only time he talked about this and it was evolving a bit, since request yelling happened pretty often during 2012 tour - resulting in Rock Away Blind (multiple times), Rodeo, and a part of Walk a Thin Line all performed per request. for never before (or after) performed live Walk a Thin Line, he said he actually did more than one line he initially thought he'd do since once he started playing it he ended up remembering more and doing the whole verse... and that he would have done more if he could remember plus he insisted he messed up the lyrics. so yeah he may not remember every single whole song, or he might pre-select some possible requests, or wait till someone yells several he actually wants to do, but those wouldn't be Big Love or Go Insane since he would still have 2/3 of the show with whatever mainstays he wants to do. the way he talked about it, requests would comprise maybe a third of the show, and could be some of the rare or never before performed songs.