User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Wasn't Little Lies the last video with Lindsey? I know Seven Wonders was filmed in the first week of June, and everyone looks pretty much identical in the Little Lies video so I would guess it was filmed shortly after that?
I haven't seen the videos in a long time, but isn't Lindsey in Seven Wonders? Aren't they performing it on a soundstage, and isn't that the one where Lindsey goofs around with the hat on his head and cracks Stevie up??
Old 10-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Tango was kind of a slow burn hit here in the US.Even though the first single Big Love made the top 5 the album only peaked at no. 7 Billboard which I thought was strange since Mirage had occupied the number one spot for 5 weeks.Tango had more hit singles however which kept it bouyant in the charts longer so it eventually sold more than Mirage here in the states.
I've never understood why 'Tango in the Night' only ever reached #7 on the Billboard 200 as there were a few big singles and there was decent promotion.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I've never understood why 'Tango in the Night' only ever reached #7 on the Billboard 200 as there were a few big singles and there was decent promotion.
That's a fair question. Back in 1987 there was a different calculation for music charts. Just like recently they changed the chart calculation to not only go by store sales, online downloads, but also videos played on youtube. While it only reached #7 it is Fleetwood Mac's second best selling album. That says a lot !
When Tango was released it jumped on the chart and Big Love went way up to #5 quickly. But the second single Seven Wonders sort of took the momentum from the album. Seven Wonders barely made the top 20 at #19. Tango fell from it's top 7 spot and never recovered top ten status again. Tango's third single raced up the charts and even did one better than Big Love and charged at #4. But the album Tango just stayed lower on the charts. By the time Everywhere was released Tango continued to fall down the chart even though Everywhere peaked at #14. This was early 1988 and the Mac was off touring Europe. No tours or promotion left to do in the USA.
Long story short, I suppose if they rearranged the singles Tango could have had a better chart history. But take this even further. Look at Stevie's Rock A Little one year earlier. She had a #1 with Bella Donna and a #5 Wild Heart. But I think Rock a Little never cracked the top ten ever. Rock a Little peaked only at #12. So the Mac album Tango did much better than Stevie's Rock a Little. The tide had swung the other way finally
Old 10-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

I can sorta remember hearing that the little lies video was filmed somewhere in Vermont or New Hampshire. and being from New Hampshire that always kinda stuck with me.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I haven't seen the videos in a long time, but isn't Lindsey in Seven Wonders? Aren't they performing it on a soundstage, and isn't that the one where Lindsey goofs around with the hat on his head and cracks Stevie up??
Yes it is. He duck walks past Stevie and she has a smile on her face as if to say, "he's silly, but adorable." Then she ruffles his hair. I've never seen Lindsey look more appealing than he does in that video.

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was just watching VH1's totally 80's show and little lies came on. I remember when the video was released and it was a big hit. I doubt they flew to England to film a video. The farm looks American and movie sets will always have classic cars. I think everyone looks really good in the video. Now they all look SO YOUNG.

But I disagree that the video makes no sense. The video makes total sense if you know what the song is about. Chris wrote the song about Lindsey. In an interview in 1987 she stated that she secretly knew Lindsey was going to leave the band but was staying on to finish the album. But Lindsey never was saying anything. It was her intuition. He never came out and said he was leaving but would drop little hints. So that became the little lies. " We are better off apart, lets give it a try." "Tell me tell me lies." "You cant disguise, no you cant disguise" So apparently during the tense Tango sessions in Lindsey's garage studio it was apparent to Chris that Lindsey's days were numbered. He never came out and said, I am leaving so he sort of told little lies about to continue working with the band. In Mick's book, Mick stated that Lindsey threw in his face that he did the album for him and did not need to tour to get him out of bankruptcy and he did his part with the album.
Now the video: The video is all about Lindsey. You see him walking away and then disappearing over and over. Every time Chris sings a verse the camera goes right to Lindsey. This video was his last official act with the band in 1987. Little Lies had just popped into the top 40 and this video released when it was announced that Lindsey left the band.
Not according to this quote. http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3978
Old 10-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes it is. He duck walks past Stevie and she has a smile on her face as if to say, "he's silly, but adorable." Then she ruffles his hair. I've never seen Lindsey look more appealing than he does in that video.

Michele
Old 10-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Not according to this quote. http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3978
I would love to know the source from that quote. Some of those song interpretation sites are purely fan speculation. I will look for the Tango promotion radio special when Christine relates Little Lies about Lindsey not being upfront about leaving the band.
But clearly songs are mashed together from different experiences. Clearly some of the lyrics do portray some sort of break up. But little lies? That sort of does not fit that mold. I still would rather believe what I heard Chris say in her own words rather some quote I read somewhere that I never heard her say.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAngel86 View Post
I love everything about this. I love that he did it, I love that she didn't stop singing and ruin the take, and I love that they left it in.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a demo of Little Lies. No lyrics yet about any relationship (yet). Chris had the little lies, tell me little lies part down for the entire demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWar8ggX_Q