User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Mac items you had to leave behind

Over the years of buying Fleetwood Mac related items, there have been times I had to make some difficult choices over what to buy and what I had to leave. I was wondering about everyone else's experiences. Anything you regret not buying? Anytime you had to make a difficult choice as to what to buy, and if so, how did you decide what to buy? Anything you regret buying? I guess the hardest decisions I had to make was when I was at this great record store in Portland, OR in 1989. They had all of the Warner Bros. vinyl, from 1970 on (only had Heroes on CD though) and I had to decide what to get with limited money. I ended up with Then Play On and Kiln House. I wish I had bought the Penguin cassette they had.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yesterday I left a copy of TITN in a thrift store. I was already buying one to relace the one I scratched though I also had to leave behind a 7" version of Sara at a record store on the weekend, because I spent an obnoxious amount of money. Not really special, but I hate leaving stuff behind.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I've been pretty lucky, when I got started collecting real heavily I had a lot of disposable income (my early 20's) so I pretty much bought everything I wanted. I paid outrageous amounts for things that I'm amazed at now. $200 for a radio show!!! $500 for a record award!!! $150 for reel to reels of five Mac albums (I don't even have a reel to reel player!). I probably spent several thousand $$$ on ebay alone for stuff. At this point there isn't really anything out there that I don't have. I have all of the posters, singles (domestic and import), albums (solo, group and guest appearences), CD's, promos etc there's not much left. The sad part is most of this stuff is boxed up in a closet!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
I guess I've been pretty lucky, when I got started collecting real heavily I had a lot of disposable income (my early 20's) so I pretty much bought everything I wanted. I paid outrageous amounts for things that I'm amazed at now. $200 for a radio show!!! $500 for a record award!!! $150 for reel to reels of five Mac albums (I don't even have a reel to reel player!). I probably spent several thousand $$$ on ebay alone for stuff. At this point there isn't really anything out there that I don't have. I have all of the posters, singles (domestic and import), albums (solo, group and guest appearences), CD's, promos etc there's not much left. The sad part is most of this stuff is boxed up in a closet!!!
You should put it all out in one room and charge Ledgies to come and look at it!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wanted this Tango poster. It's at(or was) an antique shop in Nashville. Signed by Mick, Billy, and Rick. Note Rick's HILARIOUS doodling on Lindsey! It has a tear on the corner. I offered him $20, but he wanted more like $100, and kept saying(I've seen it there, several times, over a couple of years) that he was going to put it on eBay. The store's been closed though, the past couple of times I've been in town.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd pay $100 just to have that photo of Chris on my wall poster-size

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I wanted this Tango poster. It's at(or was) an antique shop in Nashville. Signed by Mick, Billy, and Rick. Note Rick's HILARIOUS doodling on Lindsey! It has a tear on the corner. I offered him $20, but he wanted more like $100, and kept saying(I've seen it there, several times, over a couple of years) that he was going to put it on eBay. The store's been closed though, the past couple of times I've been in town.
i have this poster, tho not signed, it's way cool~

i have been lucky too, i have been collecting since i was 5 & i don't think there was ever anything i didn't get that i wanted bad enough~

some things i have had to wait patiently for over the years, but eventually was able to get my grubby little hands on it~

i am also lucky enough to have a hubby who not only loves the mac too, but spoils me w/ stevie items~

besides spending a small fortune on stevie mac items, i also have been lucky enough to have stuff fall in my lap~ my fav head shop/record store likes to hook me up w/ stuff~ & 1 cool thing is the stevie 'airplane' bella donna poster~ i had wanted one for yrs~ my neighbor had a friend who passed & had one & gave it to me, it was framed & everything~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 04-13-2010 at 07:37 PM..
Old 04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Supporting Ledgie

When I left Florida and came back to New Zealand, I had to sell this... *sigh*... I still regret it. It was from 1977 and I bought it in an estate sale of some Cali record mogul. The poster was 4ft x 4ft and in mint condition. I've yet to see another one.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
When I left Florida and came back to New Zealand, I had to sell this... *sigh*... I still regret it. It was from 1977 and I bought it in an estate sale of some Cali record mogul. The poster was 4ft x 4ft and in mint condition. I've yet to see another one.

i would have hated to part with that piece of beauty......

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I go into the record store near my flat at least twice a week, and every time I drag myself away from the Big Love 12" picture disc. I actually have no idea why I do it! If it's still next time I'm going to buy it.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a great topic! I am still kicking myself for not bidding higher on an eBay auction for this poster about 10 years ago. I know it's really rare and I've never seen another one.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

I have this poster, too - but haven't had it framed yet. Seeing how gorgeous it looked on your wall, I will have to do that one of these days! I'm so sorry you had to part with it, but I have seen it on eBay from time to time...maybe you'll find another one! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post
This is a great topic! I am still kicking myself for not bidding higher on an eBay auction for this poster about 10 years ago. I know it's really rare and I've never seen another one.

alicia, i have wanted one of these forever too~ it's so awesome~
Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted_Song View Post

I've also wanted this poster as well. The last time it was on ebay I was outbid. I so bums me out. Ever since I saw that pic of it in the Silver Springs fanzine in the early '90's I've wanted it. Some things are elusive really. Than there was the BD UK poster too on ebay I was outbid on as well.....sometimes you've just gotta have some limit. I've spent alot on some things through the yrs too....Theres some stuff if I'd had ebay back in the day after seeing them I'd have probably not ever bought too. Theres stuff I'd love and stuff I wish I'd never spent $$ on too. Guess ya live & learn. Than theres stuff I had & sent back too /2 promo jackets I'd wished I kept (one for WH/silkscreened with snaps/it was cool/WH logo on back too & the TS emb jacket too) the WH one at the time I really didn't know what I'd had and well the TS I didn't like the color red but they did have other colors? supposedly?).....Signed tamborines too or top hats....those are always so high but I do prefer stage used one's ....than I wished I bought more at the Silver Springs store too.....anyway, I could go on & on....guess we all have things that we wish we could find but to me at a reasonable cost now....I don't like to over spend now......just some thoughts.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm about to dump my entire LP collection in preparation for a cross country move. I'll probably regret that down the road... but oh well.