User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-20-2020, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She was probably drunk when she recorded it, and forgot the right words!
These threads are useless to me now. I have a bad taste in my mouth for the band, and never listen to their music anymore. I just come on here to see what they've done lately to ruin their legacy with the fans. And also to see what funny sh#t David says. lol
Old 12-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
These threads are useless to me now. I have a bad taste in my mouth for the band, and never listen to their music anymore. I just come on here to see what they've done lately to ruin their legacy with the fans. And also to see what funny sh#t David says. lol
I live in their past now. The Tom Petty's Crowded House tour is the ONLY tour I've missed since my journey began with Tusk. I had NO interest in it. $tevie's not the boss.....&%$# that old &*%$#. I've said it for decades. $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that EVER happened to FM.

Thank you my friend.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And another thread comes to a crashing halt. Well, it was a fun and interesting thread for a while.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And another thread comes to a crashing halt. Well, it was a fun and interesting thread for a while.
There's still activity. But thanks for playing. Don't leave your shrine unattended!!!
Old 12-20-2020, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine’s vocal on “Never Forget” is so evocative—she milks each note on the final take. “What a wonderful night to be / Stars must be my friends to shine for me...” She delivers those lines to perfection.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Christine’s vocal on “Never Forget” is so evocative—she milks each note on the final take. “What a wonderful night to be / Stars must be my friends to shine for me...” She delivers those lines to perfection.
I totally agree! I LOOOOOVE Christine's songs on Tusk, so much so that I can't pick a favorite. So much to love. , so much subtlety: Over & Over and Brown Eyes are sheer, understated brilliance.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
How are you doing? Did you ever get your sense of smell back?
Old 12-21-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes!! And the way she says, "love is gold". Uhhh I love it so much!!!
Old 12-21-2020, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening to this album and Heroes all week. Apart from Over & Over, there isn't one bad Christine song on it. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it bad, it's just a strange opener. I like the way her songs bookend the madness that is Tusk.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I've been listening to this album and Heroes all week. Apart from Over & Over, there isn't one bad Christine song on it. I wouldn't even go so far as to call it bad, it's just a strange opener. I like the way her songs bookend the madness that is Tusk.
Over & Over is a gorgeous song .The artistic endeavor of Tusk was to shake people's perceptions so of course it is going to have a strange opener. I have seen some people opine that Christine was the weak link on Tusk .There was no weak link on Tusk just as there was not on Rumours or the 1975 album either. Of course after this things would begin to unravel.

Old 12-21-2020, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I have seen some people opine that Christine was the weak link on Tusk .There was no weak link on Tusk just as there was not on Rumours or the 1975 album either.
Agreed—there is no weak link on any of those albums. I suspect some people consider Christine’s TUSK songs weaker than her usual standard because none of her songs there has the impact of her previous four hits. But it’s an apples-oranges comparison. Her songs on TUSK, though every bit as seductive, warm and approachable as her material on FLEETWOOD MAC and RUMOURS, were produced as exquisite low-fi songs to counterpoint the rougher-edged material. It’s no accident that “The Ledge” follows “Over and Over” and “That’s Enough for Me” precedes “Brown Eyes.” The sequencing is deliberate, intended to startle through contrast. “Think About Me” is the exception: that tune, the closest thing to a typical FM hit on the record, blends cool California sophistication with crunching guitar. It’s one of the few spots on the record that synthesizes the old with the new.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is always ready for every album. She never has any duds or "padding" as she calls it. I like some more than others but each song of hers is always good. I posted this years ago but its worth posting again. Someone created this amazing tribute to Christine with an alternative version of Never Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_8a3u6OfPU
Old 12-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

'Honey Hi'

I'm really surprised Christine barely did her 'Tusk' songs on that tour.

I think 'Over and Over' and 'Think About Me' were only done at some shows, whereas Stevie and Lindsey showcased their new stuff.

Did Christine not like her new material?? I thought her 'Brown Eyes' (later done on the 1987 and 1990 tours) and 'Think About Me' were terrific.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
How are you doing? Did you ever get your sense of smell back?
Not really. It’s very weak. I can only smell something if I put it right up to my nose and it’s been very depressing to be honest. This virus is real people. Even if you don’t die it could do long lasting damage to you. By the way I am in top physical shape and I have zero pre-existing conditions.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not really. It’s very weak. I can only smell something if I put it right up to my nose and it’s been very depressing to be honest. This virus is real people. Even if you don’t die it could do long lasting damage to you. By the way I am in top physical shape and I have zero pre-existing conditions.
I hope it comes back. I hope that while very weak, it gets stronger and stronger.

**Thinking of you***