Quote:
Originally Posted by PutTheBlameOnMe View Post
It looks like he's untangling some of Stevie's hair
oh he's totally masturbating!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

For those not on Facebook, there's a discussion going on with Matt Baumann (director of Destiny Rules.)

I'm not sure if I should post everything without the permission of the "question askers", but here's the question I asked, and the answer;

# Lily; (me)
Hi! I have a question about the band's relationship with each other? Did they seem like friends, or at least friendly? Was there any animosity or bickering?
I love the film, and thank you!
8 hours ago · Delete Post
#
Matt Baumann A: The band was exactly like a family. They all truly loved each other but of course there were times of animosity. Mick was the most even tempered and level headed of all the members. John was like a gruff old pirate, cranky at times but still loveable (one of my favorite times on the shoot was when John took me and Kyle out on his boat to go fishing off Catalina...we all got so hammered, what a blast). Lindsey was the most passionate about the work, almost obsessive. He spent every waking hour he had working on that record. His aspirations for the album were so high. Stevie added the element of femininity to the group of mainly guys. She once made a joke on set when she looked around with a smile and saw only Mick, John, Lindsey, myself and Kyle and said "wow, I'm surrounded by men! this is great!" lol. Lindsey and Stevie definitely had the more interesting dychotomy (sp?) between them. They have such a history with each other, definitely love each other very much but in a different way after all these years. As far as the food at the house, there wasn't much. John would get a whole chicken each day and pick at it, Lindsey BARELY ate ever at the house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Reminds me, in the new BBC doc Don't Stop, they totally remind me of a married couple too.

Is this an official release or a leaked one? I don't care, i just want to know how I'm gonna get it :P

- Spike
Not sure which show you mean, but Destiny Rules is officially released and widely available in shops and on Amazon etc.
Don't Stop hasn't been released but it's up on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUOrNHvcKsw
Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
For those not on Facebook, there's a discussion going on with Matt Baumann (director of Destiny Rules.)

Thanks, Lily, for sharing! Looks like a great discussion. If it's not a private chat can you share a link or confirm where on FB to find more (Ledge page, DR page, etc)? Thanks!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The biggest flaw in Destiny Rules (other than that I would like more emphasis on the actual song-making) is the gap in Lindsey's decision to go with a single-record approach.

Say You Will should have been a double album. Still, a masterpiece.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here are the answers to the questions he gave,
but I'll include the link here just in case more q and a goes on.

Matt Baumann A (to Sherry's question): "Lindsey was the one that put in the most hours. Basically he would show up around 10:00 am each morning, futz around with the previous night's recordings...wait til the rest of the band showed up around noon, try new takes with the band, and then when everyone left in the evening he would tinker at his soundboard with the day's most current stuff til around 11:00pm when he would go home to his wife and kids. Kyle and I spent many a late night with Lindsey as "the mad scientist" worked his magic...long hours. Mick was always promptly on time and stayed pretty much as long as he could"

Matt Baumann A (to Arlene's question): "All the four band members were different to work with but we bonded with each differently. At first it was the "boys club" which meant that Stevie wasn't there at first and I got to know Lindsey first and then John and Mick after that. Stevie I didn't meet until maybe three weeks into the project and I was VERY nervous about meeting her, let along the rest of them. Lindsey was the first one we met and the "go to guy" about this film so I was the most comfortable with him. John was quiet and the one I got to know the least at first but ended up having some great times with him. The first time Mick Fleetwood stood before us with his tall stature and presence, both us newbie directors were intimidated but Mick was very congenial...I remember him walking into set while I was shooting one early day and rubbed my head which basically said to me "good luck kid, but I'm glad you're here". He used to refer to me and Kyle as "the Lads". Stevie Nicks was the last band member I met, we went down to her rehearsals for her "Trouble in Shangri-La" tour and shook quick hands. I remember thinking "holy ****, I've spent three weeks with the core of Fleetwood Mac and now meeting Stevie Nicks...GREATEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD LOL!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php...84&topic=15448

Try this to view the discussion

Old 04-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting the details--very interesting read. (the link doesn't work for me--just takes me pack to my own FB page).
Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Matt Baumann A: The band was exactly like a family. They all truly loved each other but of course there were times of animosity. Mick was the most even tempered and level headed of all the members. John was like a gruff old pirate, cranky at times but still loveable (one of my favorite times on the shoot was when John took me and Kyle out on his boat to go fishing off Catalina...we all got so hammered, what a blast).
John was hammered? Uh oh.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And that's why Christine wasn't there.....
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Q&A continues with the director if anyone's interested. He has great insight:

Destiny Rules Q&A
Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I love this!!
I feel like there is so much to read between the lines.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Here are the answers to the questions he gave,
but I'll include the link here just in case more q and a goes on.

Matt Baumann A (to Sherry's question): "Lindsey was the one that put in the most hours. Basically he would show up around 10:00 am each morning, futz around with the previous night's recordings...wait til the rest of the band showed up around noon, try new takes with the band, and then when everyone left in the evening he would tinker at his soundboard with the day's most current stuff til around 11:00pm when he would go home to his wife and kids. Kyle and I spent many a late night with Lindsey as "the mad scientist" worked his magic...long hours. Mick was always promptly on time and stayed pretty much as long as he could"

Matt Baumann A (to Arlene's question): "All the four band members were different to work with but we bonded with each differently. At first it was the "boys club" which meant that Stevie wasn't there at first and I got to know Lindsey first and then John and Mick after that. Stevie I didn't meet until maybe three weeks into the project and I was VERY nervous about meeting her, let along the rest of them. Lindsey was the first one we met and the "go to guy" about this film so I was the most comfortable with him. John was quiet and the one I got to know the least at first but ended up having some great times with him. The first time Mick Fleetwood stood before us with his tall stature and presence, both us newbie directors were intimidated but Mick was very congenial...I remember him walking into set while I was shooting one early day and rubbed my head which basically said to me "good luck kid, but I'm glad you're here". He used to refer to me and Kyle as "the Lads". Stevie Nicks was the last band member I met, we went down to her rehearsals for her "Trouble in Shangri-La" tour and shook quick hands. I remember thinking "holy ****, I've spent three weeks with the core of Fleetwood Mac and now meeting Stevie Nicks...GREATEST JOB I'VE EVER HAD LOL!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/topic.php...84&topic=15448

Try this to view the discussion
Aww.. I'm sorry guys.. but it's my private fb group- if anyone would like to join, please send me a private message, and we'll go from there..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....