The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last week, I tried to get an editor "friend" of mine to assign me the Lindsey review so I could contact the publicists for a CD [and, of course, write about Lindsey for a "legitimate" publication]. The editor's response was:
It’s kind of hard for me to believe LB’s solo record will be (or should be) a key moment in pop…- Diff strokes? Sure but it would probably make more sense on that front for us to agree to disagree about some phenom that was genuinely popular
*emphasis added

Note: this guy wrote a multiple page exegesis for his paper about The Drive-By Truckers. Surely, "a key moment in pop."

(The reason I posted this personal exchange was so I could put the to it)

The real reason I'm posting this is also to illustrate the degree of disrespect Lindsey gets. There are many out there actively rooting against him (note the "should be" above). I mean: does one of the masterminds behind Rumours, surely "a key moment in pop," not qualify as a "phenom that was genuinely popular"? Or has that expired? I just hope this kind of dismissiveness is not indicative of the coverage of Lindsey's new release.

For those who do manage to get an editor (or are editors themselves) to allow them or assign them to write about Lindsey, I hope you are able to emphasize why Lindsey still matters. Everything I write about Lindsey and the Mac for my website will have to be done to prove this editor wrong.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
That looks new???
Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
It’s kind of hard for me to believe LB’s solo record will be (or should be) a key moment in pop…- Diff strokes? Sure but it would probably make more sense on that front for us to agree to disagree about some phenom that was genuinely popular
IMO this reads like a your friends disagrees with your musical preference...a personal issue between you and your friend...not so much Lindsey. maybe he gets-off dissing your taste in music...

Last edited by BTFLCHLD; 07-30-2008 at 06:09 PM..
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
That looks new???
warner/reprise sent via email today...new for me too.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
IMO this reads like a your friends disagrees with your musical preference...a personal issue between you and your friend...not so much Lindsey. maybe he gets-off dissing your taste in music...
That's even worse!

But seriously, I thought by posting that I would be establishing a good approach for writing on Lindsey's new release -- arguing for Lindsey's relevance -- but if you think this is, indeed, more of a personal attack, should I remove it from the board? I'm not one to air dirty laundry as they say.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-30-2008 at 06:18 PM..
Old 07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
2. Why did he sell his house on the hill - his dream home that was featured in Town and Country magazine?
Probably not an appropriate question for the purposes of this interview, but *definitely* an interesting question. After all that time, effort, and $$$, only to sell it after less than two years?

I mean, is the property in general THAT nightmarishly symbolic to Lindsey that even tearing down the house couldn't rid the bad vibes of the place? Remember, Lindsey & Kristen didn't even live in the old house together for similar types of reasons (bachelor pad, etc.)... I mean, how bad could it have been? "Family Guy"'s Quagmire's house bad?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Gypsy-

You have the holy grail now. Please give us the answer to the million-dollar question: Is "The Right Place To Fade" the same song as "Twist of Fate?"
Old 07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
should I remove it from the board?
I was only providing my opinion on the read...I certainly don't feel he attacked you...but reading between lines he seemed to be inferring his musical taste is far superior to yours (hmmm perhaps a common theme among some music lovers.) please please understand you are free to post as you wish...my goodness. though...you may want to post again in your concert promo thread?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniLindsey View Post
Gypsy-

You have the holy grail now. Please give us the answer to the million-dollar question: Is "The Right Place To Fade" the same song as "Twist of Fate?"
Seconded!

I am trying to imagine how I would react if I was told with one day's notice that I would be interviewing Lindsey and it is making me fall over a little bit. Have fun!
Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ gypsysoul has the promo, she'll be able to tell us that herself once she listens to it.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I . . . would love if most of the interview concentrated on his solo stuff/tour. I'm not telling you what to do, just what I prefer in an LB interview.

Agreed. Absolutely. His solo career is the issue at hand!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
That looks new???

That looks GOOD.

Michele
Old 07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am really impressed by many of your questions. Honestly, I don't have much more to add. I do agree that it would be more apropos to ask as little as possible about Stevie/FM. I think that is totally possible, since there are so many interesting things about his solo stuff... though the question re: Carol Ann's book would be VERY interesting- and I don't think too invasive.

One thing: if you could somehow ask about OotC songs being included in his upcoming tour. And I echo the other poster about possibly more (and varied) songs from either L & O or Go Insane.

Does Lindsey have a favorite solo song from his repertoire? Probably silly, but nice to think about.

Oh, and that NEW PIC is incredibly gorgeous. I have never been so attracted to a 59 year-old man.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see anything wrong with asking a Fleetwood Mac question, as long as its not about Stevie. I mean it's somethig hes very much a part of. Asking about some more specifics about FM's 2009 plans and how the hell a new album fits into those plans, is on all of our minds I'm sure, so i think that's for sure the best thing to start out with.

From there any one of those other suggestions you all have already made would be great, and I agree the focus should be on him and his solo career, but this is to golden an oppurtuniuty not to get First Hand, not filtered through a website or a radio station, Fleetwood Mac info.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
^ gypsysoul has the promo, she'll be able to tell us that herself once she listens to it.
way to be thinking Tracaghost! When I read that question I thought, "Great Question" But that would be a wasted one given that fact. Not knocking the person who thought to ask that cause I was thinking the same thing, but that was observant trackaghost.

Oh and has this been confirmed yet GypsySoul?

He Will Burn You Down