The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounded like that might be from Bel Air Rain. Sort of sounded like he says "In the falling - " and then it gets cut off. Would make sense if it was "falling rain".

Cool!
Old 07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Sounded like that might be from Bel Air Rain. Sort of sounded like he says "In the falling - " and then it gets cut off. Would make sense if it was "falling rain".

Cool!
I dunno, but for some reason that song excites me the most and will probably be the one I listen to first.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Remember how they released 3 songs from UTS as a preview? If they do that this time, I will tell myself I won't listen to them and that I'll wait for the whole album, but that will last for just about 10 seconds! I don't have very much self-control.

Michele
Old 07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'll buy it for sure. All of Lindsey's solo albums have been very rewarding, and even Under the Skin, which I thought was his weakest, was strong in enough places to justify its existence.

But some of those ten songs better be pretty darn long! If not, there needs to be about five more on there.
I'm fine with 10 tracks. However, don't forget how common it is for iTunes versions to have bonus tracks. There might be other surprises in store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccafan5000 View Post
Sadly I'll probably dish out much more money than I have not only buying tickets for the tour but buying at least 6 or 7 copies of this album to pass around to family and friends. I hope that $18 price sticker goes down a bit.
I'm doing the same thing; I told everyone already: THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE GETTING FOR CHRISTMAS! I hope there's a vinyl pressing so I can get that too. And I'll get the iTunes version if it has any extra goodies.

Quote:
Ha! Not a chance. They did zip for UTS why would they do more for this one?
Is anyone interested in forming a publicity task force on this? I have some ideas. . . (well, one idea but it's really good! lol) I know I'd hate to work for Reprise/WB for free, but you know, it might proove to be useful experience and I'd love to get the word out. Anyway, let me know if anyone's interested.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 07-15-2008 at 04:45 PM..
Old 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Is anyone interested in forming a publicity task force on this? I have some ideas. . . (well, one idea but it's really good! lol) I know I'd hate to work for Reprise/WB for free, but you know, it might proove to be useful experience and I'd love to get the word out. Anyway, let me know if anyone's interested.
That could be interesting. It's certainly the most likely way for him to get publicity.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That could be interesting. It's certainly the most likely way for him to get publicity.
Ok. I'll start a new thread and see if we can come up with any ideas.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
I'm going on the assumption that "Wait For You" is "Shuffle Riff" but if it's not then it's probably something and, as you said earlier, exciting.
Yes, "Wait For You" is "Shuffle Riff".

Since "Twist of Fate" was produced by Cavallo as well, we also now know that "Right Place To Fade" is either a re-imagined version of "Twist" or an entirely new song.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

Since "Twist of Fate" was produced by Cavallo as well, we also now know that "Right Place To Fade" is either a re-imagined version of "Twist" or an entirely new song.
uh-oh there might be some broken hearts round here.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Why don't you call or e-mail the two people listed at the bottom of the article for ideas of how you can help with promotion?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post

So then maybe Fleetwood Mac is getting Twist?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

yay this sounds all very promising....the tracklist looks interesting (titlewise) and maybe, even if we only get 10, they might be long drawn out affairs (which he's pretty good at!) so yes, looking forward to it alot..hopefully a couple of snippets will emerge to wet our appitite as well..
Now....what can we ask him to wear on tour??? He did do the white shirt thing, like we asked, for SYW ()....back to black maybe?
Old 07-16-2008, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuigirl View Post
Now....what can we ask him to wear on tour??? He did do the white shirt thing, like we asked, for SYW ()....back to black maybe?
I just Googled Lindsey and he's supposedly going to wear an exact replica of Elvis' 68 Special outfit. Black leather jacket and pants.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I just Googled Lindsey and he's supposedly going to wear an exact replica of Elvis' 68 Special outfit. Black leather jacket and pants.
haha..oh jeez...wouldn't surprise me (it's the standard thing for him these days isn't it?).How mean are we though? Not only do we want new music, but the poor man is being hounded for a new wardrobe as well!!
Hmmm..wonder if he's got old stuff in storage (ala Nicks?)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
So then maybe Fleetwood Mac is getting Twist?
I really just want this song released as soon as possible, but this song always made more sense to me as an FM song, especially on stage I've been putting it in my fantasy FM tour setlists since I first heard it, with Stevie doing background vocals on the chorus ala Eyes, SHN news, etc. So, Twist of Fate and Try for the Sun at a FM concert, and I will be content (Okay, acoustic Gypsy, Crystal, and Frozen Love wouldn't hurt either. They need to get back to their roots!)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham hitting road with new album

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...road-new-album
Wed Jul 16, 3:51 AM ET
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham has recruited bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to help out on his second solo album in two years, and will launch a North American tour in September.

"Gift of Screws" will be released on September 16 via Reprise Records, and is more rock-driven than 2006's acoustic guitar-oriented "Under the Skin." Fleetwood and McVie, play drums and bass, respectively, on several songs, including the title track.

Buckingham's tour begins September 7 in Saratoga, Calif., and wraps October 19 in New York. He will celebrate his 59th birthday on October 3, somewhere between Chicago (October 2) and Milwaukee (October 4).

As for Fleetwood Mac, he said in March that the group is hoping to tour early next year, but downplayed reports that Sheryl Crow would fill in for retired member Christine McVie.

Reuters/Billboard

Last edited by michelej1; 07-16-2008 at 11:43 AM..