User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Even better would be if someone (me? someone? we?) could figure out how to manipulate such pictures so that they have the font and "tone" of the GOS cover. . .
Whoops, missed this... I volunteer for photo manipulation if needed! I don't have the font, though. So I'd have to locate it. But since the name is listed here that shouldn't be a problem. I have Photoshop and I'm good with it, and plus it'd be pretty easy...so no worries there.

I'll DEFINITELY be taking a picture in imitation of this on Monday, and will be forcing my friend to do the same of herself, lol!

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd View Post
I'll DEFINITELY be taking a picture in imitation of this on Monday, and will be forcing my friend to do the same of herself, lol!
Does this involve whips and chains too??
Old 07-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Does this involve whips and chains too??
OMG. Hahahahaha! Sure why not... It could represent "Gift Of Screws: Bondage Edition."

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.

Last edited by LngPrmsdRd; 07-21-2008 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: forgot half my freaking sentence
Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 AM
Ledgie

I have posted the news in 4 other forums to equal enthusiasm.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
I have posted the news in 4 other forums to equal enthusiasm.
Which news? That album is being released?

I am going to spread the word on my blog's Gift of Screws "cover" contest (click below for details) by hitting up music fan blogs/websites and graphic design and art blogs/websites. I already emailed the contest details to graphic design institute called AIGA. So anyway, I'm all on top of that.

That aside, just generally sending out the official Warners press release to music blogs and websites is probably a very productive approach (they all need copy to get google hits, etc).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow~ You guys have some very ambitious ideas! I love all the LB promo ideas, the covers, videos and even the jewelry idea. My sister is also a jewelry designer, owns a bead store/website, I'm sure she would offer an outlet for some of your "Gift of Screws" bracelets, Bree. She loves helping other beader artists--maybe you designers could have a contest designing jewelry with the GOS theme/color scheme, eh?

Since I do graphic arts/photography/websites, I came up with my own GOS cover a couple years ago for a friend which I think turned out pretty well. Now the new GOS cover is decidedly open for criticism, but along with parodying it (which is super-fun too, don't get me wrong), a contest with the theme "Can YOU design a BETTER album cover than THIS?" would be a creative, interactive way to drum up support. Really, my cats, given a canvas, some paint and a toy mouse could make a more interesting cover than LB is proposing

Maybe the entries could get posted on Photobucket or somewhere popular that might get other people excited about the new album. I can offer some webspace for pictures, but popular places like YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, Photobucket, etc.. would be better to get LB some well-deserved recognition & extra publicity. If LB won over just *some* of the millions of casual FM/Stevie fans out there, his sales of GOS could really take off. I've got the LB fever all over again!!

PS...LOVE the contest/blog idea TrueFaith ~ Good job!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
Since I do graphic arts/photography/websites, I came up with my own GOS cover a couple years ago for a friend which I think turned out pretty well. Now the new GOS cover is decidedly open for criticism, but along with parodying it (which is super-fun too, don't get me wrong), a contest with the theme "Can YOU design a BETTER album cover than THIS?" would be a creative, interactive way to drum up support. Really, my cats, given a canvas, some paint and a toy mouse could make a more interesting cover than LB is proposing
I think it's safe to say that you have come up with some brilliant stuff, Mr. 3rd World. I love your GOS cover and many of the other things you have made- especially the book! But I think I'm neutral over Lindsey's new album cover. It isn't too awful, though, and it certainly shows that he is comfortable with who he is. I think the cover makes me anticipate more and more for what is inside. Yay! But this whole idea is wonderful. I'm more of an old-fashioned artist and I'm thinking up some ideas right now, which will have nothing to so with computers/technology, and I may proposition one if I'm up to it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that the single is out. I think it might be a good idea to brainstorm ideas of how to get people to know about the single: music websites/blogs, radio stations, etc. Any ideas about that?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.