The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New Entertainment Weekly article- Lindsey says Mick wants him back in FM

Unfortunately I can never post links, but if someone would like to, they can find the article at www.ew.com

This is the most Lindsey has ever said the ball is in Stevie’s court now.

The article concludes with an invitation for readers to check back with ew in the fall to hear more from Lindsey about his new alum, coming out September 17.

Last edited by bwboy; 08-09-2021 at 11:54 AM..
Old 08-09-2021, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very disappointing that Lindsey would try to placate that old harpy for an embarrassing " farewell tour" of near octogenarians some of whom are too old to perform . Micky is such a slimy and greedy P.O.S. that I hope it never happens so he can die in penury.

Old 08-09-2021, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Very disappointing that Lindsey would try to placate that old harpy for an embarrassing " farewell tour" of near octogenarians some of whom are too old to perform . Micky is such a slimy and greedy P.O.S. that I hope it never happens so he can die in penury.
God, I love you!
Old 08-09-2021, 12:57 PM

He's really throwing her ass under the bus, lately.
Old 08-09-2021, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He's really throwing her ass under the bus, lately.
He is basically just repeating what we already know to be true. She went to Azoff and told him it is either him or me. If that makes her out to be a villainess it is maybe because she is one.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I wonder if Lindsey even really wants a reunion or is he just throwing the sh*t back in Stevie's face with the attitude of let the public see what kind of person she truly is. He's basically making the case for Stevie to look like the difficult one at the end of the day(which she is), despite their collective effort to pin it on Lindsey 3 years ago.

It's kinda like saying "I'll come back for a reunion but somebody will have to eat a sh*t sandwich first"

LMAO. It's going to be more embarrassing for Stevie at this point than it is for Lindsey. If she really has an axe to grind, it's her time to shine!

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-09-2021 at 01:55 PM..
Old 08-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I see things a little bit different than you guys. Mick is a whore and does NOTHING without his pimp's approval aka "The Boss." Mick would not be making overtones to Lindsey without the boss's blessing. This is how the mob works too. Mick did her dirty work with firing Lindsey and he is doing the dirty work now for the boss. "come in, the water is fine."
I don't fall for a second of this crap. Lindsey knows this too. Mick needs money and sees a reunion enough for high ticket sales for a bunch of farewell shows. He has discussed this with the boss and she has obviously given the green light to make overtures to Lindsey.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-09-2021 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-09-2021, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I see things a little bit different than you guys. Mick is a whore and does NOTHING without his pimp's approval aka "The Boss." Mick would not be making overtones to Lindsey without the boss's blessing. This is how the mob works too. Mick did her dirty work with firing Lindsey and he is doing the dirty work now for the boss. "come in, the water is fine."
I don't fall for a second of this crap. Lindsey knows this too.
I agree with you--Christine had to walk back her comments about FM never touring again because she alluded to Stevie (obvi without her approval).
I agree LB is aware of this too, although I am loving all of the shade he's throwing her way. Mick can do all of the grandstanding he wants on her behalf, the toothpaste is out of the tube and can't be put back--and Stevie came out of this looking, if possible, more narcissistic and out of touch then ever. And that is definitely saying something.
Old 08-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a different theory- I think Stevie is still mad at Lindsey, but Mick really does want Lindsey back in FM. The tour is over and everyone made a lot of money, including Lindsey, but Mick probably realized during the last tour that they all likely only have one more tour left in them before they retire. Throw in Lindsey’s apparently sincere desire to rejoin the band for one last hurrah, and surprising willingness to forgive and forget, and Christine’s likely willingness to tour one last time, and I think Mick is hoping that Stevie will change her tune. In that EW interview, it sounded like Lindsey was even ok with not recording with FM again, which makes sense if he and Mick think a FM tour would truly be their farewell. Plus, a FM farewell tour with Lindsey back in the band would sell wildly. If the pandemic ever subsides enough, that is. I suspect Lindsey’s solo tour is going to be called off. If so, Lindsey’s really going to want to do a big television reunion concert with FM ala the Dance, and Stevie would absolutely join them for that. John, I bet he won’t tour, but he would probably do a televised concert. So with all these different theories floating about, it’ll be interesting to see what actually happens.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, it’s not like a reunion of the Rumours five will make them sound better this time out. Lindsey’s the creative lynchpin, but I’d rather hear new solo work from him than this sad show. More BuckVie!

If the reunion happens at least the Neil and Mike lineup won’t as often show up in google searches of the band. I suppose that’s something…
Old 08-10-2021, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham says Mick Fleetwood wants him to return to Fleetwood Mac
"It's really going to take Stevie coming to that point of view."

By Maureen Lee Lenker
August 09, 2021 at 11:06 AM EDT

(photo)
Caption: John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac, in 2014 | CREDIT: D DIPASUPIL/FILMMAGIC

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow — especially if that tomorrow includes a reunited version of Fleetwood Mac.

The band parted ways with Lindsey Buckingham back in 2018, but ahead of the release of his self-titled solo album this September, the guitarist tells EW that fans shouldn't count out a potential reunion one day.

"There have been intimations from Mick [Fleetwood], who I've talked to several times, that he wants to try to get the five of us back together," he says. "I did not see their last tour. I'm sure it was fine, but I think it was probably very mellow by comparison...They were covering so much other Fleetwood Mac material, and they were doing Crowded House songs and Tom Petty songs. So, I wasn't sure how that was going to pan out, and I wasn't sure how Mick ultimately felt about it either, but that was the politics of the situation that led to that."

Buckingham was ousted from the band in 2018 following a request that was reportedly instigated by his former bandmate Stevie Nicks. At the time, Buckingham said he was informed by Mac manager Irving Azoff that Nicks never wanted to share a stage with him again. He was replaced by the combination of Neil Finn and Mike Campbell on Fleetwood Mac's tour shortly after.

But despite the seeming finality of the request from Nicks (and a since-settled lawsuit from Buckingham), he's hopeful that the world could see the five most renowned members of the group back together one day in the future.

"Mick — he didn't want to see me go in the first place — but he's talking about that," he says. "I would never hang my hat on that. It's really going to take Stevie coming to that point of view, and I haven't spoken to Stevie in a long, long time, so I don't know where that's at. It's certainly something that more than one person who is close to the situation has brought to me."

As for his part, Buckingham would be more than open to the prospect of returning. "I wasn't happy about how that went down," he reflects. "It wasn't so much that I felt slighted that I didn't get to do yet another Fleetwood Mac tour, but I thought it really did not respect the legacy that we built, which was all about overcoming adversity."

"Anything that anyone had an issue with, with me, was so small in comparison with other things we managed to rise above," he adds. "So anyway, that's a — perhaps slim — possibility."

Come back to EW this fall for much more from Buckingham on his new album, which is available everywhere Sept. 17.

Related content:

Friday Five: Lindsey Buckingham's relationship musings, the return of Migos, and more
Lindsey Buckingham and wife Kristen Messner split after 21 years of marriage
Lindsey Buckingham settles lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-10-2021, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"EW" should also be the name of this cringeworthy hypothetical reunion tour.

"Fleetwood Mac 2023: Ew!"
Old 08-10-2021, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He wants the money from a tour. Kristin left and took half his wealth. Solo he can't make much.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t think it’s solely about money for Lindsey. He has always considered the band’s legacy seriously and engaged in solo projects that strayed from the requirements of upholding that legacy. I would say the man has some integrity. Mind you, I don’t think he’s beyond the lure of big money, but that is and never was his primary motivation.
Old 08-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
He wants the money from a tour. Kristin left and took half his wealth. Solo he can't make much.
I agree, though he and Kristin didn't divorce.
The legacy can't be redeemed. The 95 lineup did an album, the Burnette/Vito did an album, and this current lineup did cover songs. It's what it is, they've become The Beach Boys of the touring circuit.