The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2021, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Do we think there is even a small possibility of a final tour?

In many recent interviews, Mick and Lindsey have both been hinting at wanting a reunion.

But is that even possible at this point? First of all, there is a pandemic. Secondly, John and Christine are pushing 80. But The Rolling Stones are about to tour again and Mick is 78, Keith is 77, and Charlie is 80. Anyway though, It’s probably easier for John to just fake it on stage, but Christine has to actually sing. She looked great on the last tour, but she did not sound so great. She sounded pretty good in 2017 on her tour with Lindsey. And she sounded really good on the 2014-2015 tour. Third, Lindsey has an upcoming solo tour. Fourth, I’m sure Stevie will want to do at least one more solo tour too if the pandemic ever permits.

Anyway though, In my opinion, and I’m sure everyone will agree: they should not have fired Lindsey, and the 2018-2019 tour should have been their farewell tour.

But if they do happen to reunite with Lindsey, a reunion/farewell tour would surely be their marketing tactic for outrageous ticket prices.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I've said this for YEARS. I think there will be a final farewell tour. It will be short....maybe even shorter than the Mirage tour. It wont happen till maybe next summer at the earliest probably 2023. Stevie will pretend nothing happened.
Old 08-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post

Anyway though, In my opinion, and I’m sure everyone will agree: they should not have fired Lindsey, and the 2018-2019 tour should have been their farewell tour.

But if they do happen to reunite with Lindsey, a reunion/farewell tour would surely be their marketing tactic for outrageous ticket prices.
I sure hope that they're DONE. I'd love to see another BuckVie, but Christine is getting too old to do it.

~I'm not the boss~ $tevie getting Lindsey fired was the end of the Rumours lineup. Those two should NEVER share the same stage again. The old goat ruined the ending of the band of my life. I hope karma gets her, HARD.

You know, they're not the Rolling Stones. They're a vocal band, and it's no secret that their voices are shot. The Eagles at least brought in Vince Gill and Deacon Frey, so at least they have two singers that aren't 100 years old.

They should just call it another lonely day...
Old 08-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No..and if there is then there shouldn't be.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like the pandemic may kill any plans along with everything else you mention, notably the physical status of the McVie's.

The Stones are a different breed altogether. A Stones concert is a huge party. It's an event. They perfected the short tour thing that works for them at this age. Two shows per week. Stadiums only. Maybe 2-3 months in total. 14-16 total shows. When is Fleetwood Mac ever going to do something like that? Also, Mick's voice has held up better than any of the Mac 3 (although it's diminished as well at 78). Keith can have nights of disastrous performance, bum notes, a rambling mess of jacked up lyrics on Happy, and it still works. It's just part of what makes them work. The shows are just too different to anything the Mac would ever put on.

Also, despite some of the massive fights Keith and Mick have had, the stunt that Stevie pulled on Lindsey would never happen. Mick going on tour in 1988 and not even generating enough interest to tour the States pretty much guaranteed that he knew, despite being the face and voice of the band, he needed to tour as the Rolling Stones and with Keith if he planned to tap into the booming boomer market of classic rock tours.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I feel like the pandemic may kill any plans along with everything else you mention, notably the physical status of the McVie's.

The Stones are a different breed altogether. A Stones concert is a huge party. It's an event. They perfected the short tour thing that works for them at this age. Two shows per week. Stadiums only. Maybe 2-3 months in total. 14-16 total shows. When is Fleetwood Mac ever going to do something like that? Also, Mick's voice has held up better than any of the Mac 3 (although it's diminished as well at 78). Keith can have nights of disastrous performance, bum notes, a rambling mess of jacked up lyrics on Happy, and it still works. It's just part of what makes them work. The shows are just too different to anything the Mac would ever put on.

Also, despite some of the massive fights Keith and Mick have had, the stunt that Stevie pulled on Lindsey would never happen. Mick going on tour in 1988 and not even generating enough interest to tour the States pretty much guaranteed that he knew, despite being the face and voice of the band, he needed to tour as the Rolling Stones and with Keith if he planned to tap into the booming boomer market of classic rock tours.
Even if we don't lockdown again, it looks like Covid may be killing concerts again? Another year or two, and they'll definitely be done.

CAN FM sell out stadiums? I don't think they can. But they should be down with doing two shows a week, and taking what dough they can rake in(like they need it - and I'm not talking about idiot Mick).
Old 08-04-2021, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Even if we don't lockdown again, it looks like Covid may be killing concerts again? Another year or two, and they'll definitely be done.

CAN FM sell out stadiums? I don't think they can. But they should be down with doing two shows a week, and taking what dough they can rake in(like they need it - and I'm not talking about idiot Mick).
I don't think FM can sell out stadiums. Not on their own anyway. Partnered with Eagles, maybe?

Mick needs the revenue from 8 nights a week - he has so little and spends so much.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I don't think FM can sell out stadiums. Not on their own anyway. Partnered with Eagles, maybe?

Mick needs the revenue from 8 nights a week - he has so little and spends so much.
I'm positive FM would have to be the opener for the Eagles. Would they eat that humble pie?

HOW can Mick be so stupid? I mean, his pic must be in the dictionary under 'idiot'. The concept of "living within your means" doesn't exist in Mick's world.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^How you feeling about Charlie?
Old 08-04-2021, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm positive FM would have to be the opener for the Eagles. Would they eat that humble pie?

HOW can Mick be so stupid? I mean, his pic must be in the dictionary under 'idiot'. The concept of "living within your means" doesn't exist in Mick's world.
That would be humble pie indeed if they had to open for the Eagles .The intact classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac opening for a cobbled together line up of their long ago rivals. I don't believe that it or any other tour of the Rumours five will happen however and that is for the best.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
That would be humble pie indeed if they had to open for the Eagles .The intact classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac opening for a cobbled together line up of their long ago rivals. I don't believe that it or any other tour of the Rumours five will happen however and that is for the best.
I think if you gave Mick a dose of truth serum, he's KICKING himself for listening to "I'm not the boss" Mediocre final tour followed by a global pandemic--there's the nail in the FM coffin and his GIANT $$$ Windfall.

BTW--reading Charlie is out of the Stones tour. Hope it's not serious.....but, he is 80????
Old 08-04-2021, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
BTW--reading Charlie is out of the Stones tour. Hope it's not serious.....but, he is 80????
"to further his recovery from an unspecified medical procedure". Hopefully it's just this tour, but at 80, how many more tours do you have in you?
Old 08-05-2021, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t want them to tour, again..they are too old and don’t need to.
But 3 mega concerts, in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles could help Micks purse and give artistic closure for the others.

It would be filmed and make more money, and hopefully shut Mick up.
For good.
Old 08-05-2021, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I could see some scenario to make it an easy tour for these golden oldies. Maybe playing only a few shows but maybe a Las Vegas stint (2 weeks of shows) and a few other major city shows spaced further apart than normal. It also will be filmed and distributed for maximum profit. Farewell tour 2 aka Mick's retirement fund.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t want them to tour, again..they are too old and don’t need to.
But 3 mega concerts, in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles could help Micks purse and give artistic closure for the others.

It would be filmed and make more money, and hopefully shut Mick up.
For good.
Yes, I could see something like this. And with just three cities, I think they COULD sell out stadiums.

Or maybe a TV special a la The Dance? That would allow for Covid protocols to be followed more easily, give Lindsey the control he likes (overdubs and pre-records) and limit Stevie's need to be on stage with him.