The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What are your top three favorite Gift of Screws songs?
Great Day 4 13.79%
Time Precious Time 6 20.69%
Did You Miss Me 6 20.69%
Wait for You 9 31.03%
Love Runs Deeper 16 55.17%
Bel Air Rain 9 31.03%
The Right Place to Fade 13 44.83%
Gift of Screws 14 48.28%
Underground 6 20.69%
Treason 5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is great read - thank you!
Sure thing elle. Yeah I guess it's enjoyable if you're more of a "Mac nerd" per se, or if you're more into technicalities. This is just from what I recall in hearing these original mixes, which it has been a couple years since I have heard them.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
About re-working some of the songs, this is pretty much everything, but even still, I'm probably missing some things.

Murrow Turning Over in His Grave: no changes
Miranda: backing vocals from Stevie, heavier drums, vocals more layered/up front in the mix
Red Rover: no changes
Peacekeeper: completely remixed/Stevie backing vocals
Come: no changes, except for cutting out that little drum fill Mick does at the VERY end of the GOS version
Steal Your Heart Away: Stevie backing vocals, some vocals more in the background in the ending part of the song..."alone we suffer" being an example, bongos in the intro seem more prominent in the original version
Bleed to Love Her: slightly earlier fade out for SYW, Stevie backing vocals
Say Goodbye: seems more heavily produced, vocals more layered, Stevie backing vocals
To Try for the Sun: the ending coda--->"mirror mirror in the sky, would you look what's happening here below, no one knows where to go, would you give us a sign where to go," has been cut out, vocals are more pronounced and upfront in the mix, guitar seems cleaned up a bit, maybe redone
Down on Rodeo: no changes
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind: no changes
Wait for You: no changes
Twist of Fate: title changed to "The Right Place to Fade" even though he's clearly singing the former title, why not re-record that line??? more percussion in the verses in the original version, last chorus extended---one more line of "waiting for the light that might light our way", also the whoo hoo hoo's, there's one more round of those in the original, the "ba ba ba ba baa's are extended a bit and there is more pronounced guitar over that part in the original
Gift of Screws: the line, "that's right, yeah"...the "yeah" is more monotone rather than more exciting in the original version. the ending drum solo is slightly extended on the official release
She Smiled Sweetly: completely reworked

Songs not yet officially released: Blue Turns to Grey, Deep Dense, My Little Demon (studio version), Given Thing, Steve's Riff (Wear You Down), The Singer Not the Song, Gotta Get Away

Love Minus Zero/No Limit: anyone know if this was recorded during the SYW sessions, or was this from the original GOS sessions?
I Am Waiting: believe this was recorded during the SYW sessions and saved for UTS
Thank you for this!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gift of Screws, Love Runs Deeper, and Bel Air Rain. Really solid album.