Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Ledgie

Default The Munich accident

We all know about what may have happened to Peter in Munich 1970..

But, has anyone ever tried to track this people down again? The people from the mansion..
Has anybody went there to check that old house in the Munich woods?
Old 06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And what about the tapes?????
Old 06-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I'm pretty sure it didn't involve the Israeli Olympic team.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many people actually knew where the house was or who the people were? Peter isn't going to remember, but who else was there? Didn't Dinky Dawson go there?

The tapes must surely be lost or else they would have surfaced by now? Or does someone responsible own them?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just reading in Nick Mason's big book about Pink Floyd how Syd Barrett was living with people who would spike everything with acid and what a zombie it was turning him into. Later in the book after five years of not seeing him, Syd shows up at the Abbey Road studio and nobody recognizes him. Hair gone, looking like a vagrant without friends, gut protruding... sound familiar? It's like reading about either Peter or Danny.

Maybe the acid they had in Europe was bad stuff because Jerry Garcia seemed to be okay more or less and did I asume as much as any musician of the '60s. His playing and mind never deteriorated that I know of.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca
I was just reading in Nick Mason's big book about Pink Floyd how Syd Barrett was living with people who would spike everything with acid and what a zombie it was turning him into. Later in the book after five years of not seeing him, Syd shows up at the Abbey Road studio and nobody recognizes him. Hair gone, looking like a vagrant without friends, gut protruding... sound familiar? It's like reading about either Peter or Danny.

Maybe the acid they had in Europe was bad stuff because Jerry Garcia seemed to be okay more or less and did I asume as much as any musician of the '60s. His playing and mind never deteriorated that I know of.
Martin Celmins has a fairly good description of the Munich incident in his book on Peter. Apparently Dinky Dawson was there, and Jeremy Spencer seems to indicate that he was too? And they only stayed one night. It need repeating, that the live tapes of the Mac recorded after Munich features some incredible playing from Peter, as does a lot of the music he recorded during the early 70s. His health problems seems to have had more to with schizophrenia, which lsd can trigger. And the problems surely began earlier than Munich. It'd be nice to hear the tapes, though
Old 11-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default translator results

Hello Rainer, why you made your citizen of Munich encounter with Peter Green first so late well known after the blues scene has many decades long gerätselt, who then the citizen of Munich was couple, that towed Greenie 1970 into a community, that he had left as a totally more other.

Does many Blueser interest whether you have another copy of Greenies entrance in the Highfish community? For it should have given its copy his former wife why no one knows, where the with cut is today.

In the Rolling Stone forum, Greens trauma night with German Kommunarden 1970 was discussed long time ago especially enthusiastically Peter (link: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009)

Asking greetings 68

Rainer Langhans' answer

Hello, very simply: First as me some years ago the Rolling Stone with the FM cover story into the hands fell, went me up that the conspiracy theory of the Macs meant us. Thereupon Christa and I tried to make a Doku about that. That startled probably the Macs so that they made one, that brought the rumors over us again. In our Doku, we wanted to fathom why and like Peter developed and like the volumes to these rumors came. Of your riddle eggs, I knew previously nothing. For me, the encounter with Peter had been at that time an entirely normal and beautiful, like with many other musicians also. One invites himself, celebrates and jammt together, drugs incl. How with Peter. We encountered was it to Munich yet twice in London and it yet entire the superstar and friend. No drama etc. All the more more stunning this late legend development of the American Macs. One can think himself there a lot... Because Peter guardian and the Macs denied a cooperation at our Doku, we considered whether we place a Spielfimprojekt about that on the legs. But not simply, so a story... The famous volume: Yes, I believe that we let run our Revox machine. Where is the volume? No idea. Was there that really? Interesting by the way how long needed your in order to ask me directly. It seems to be more beautifully, to contrive itself what... And what contrived your you! Exactly like the Macs also. I read then a few things on your forums...

Greeting R. Langhans
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Lost Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
And what about the tapes?????
I think Martin Celmins mentions in his book - and Peter Green himself - certainly - mentions in The Man of The World DVD, that he left the "Munich Tape(s)" in Los Angeles with his ex-wife Jane Samuels.
Maybe she could be kindly asked to return them?

I don't know how to "quote" from more than one thread - but thanks to all our german and austrian friends and Fellow Ledgies for all their knowledge and information - and the time they take to translate!

Ms Moose
Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I think Martin Celmins mentions in his book - and Peter Green himself - certainly - mentions in The Man of The World DVD, that he left the "Munich Tape(s)" in Los Angeles with his ex-wife Jane Samuels.
Maybe she could be kindly asked to return them?

I don't know how to "quote" from more than one thread - but thanks to all our german and austrian friends and Fellow Ledgies for all their knowledge and information - and the time they take to translate! Ms Moose
Maybe someone who's able to write her a nice e-mail should ask her (kindly) (In English, not German). Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I notice the walking on eggshells approach when concerning Peter's ex-wife. From reading the 1999 Penguin Q&A with PG, up to that time he had never seen his daughter? Does anyone know if this has changed?

Jeremy Spencer mentioned an incident involving Jane Samuels while pregnant in one of his propogandist CoG fliers. I don't have the Celmins biography so I'm in the dark.

Last edited by slipkid; 11-06-2008 at 02:31 PM..
Old 11-29-2008, 05:44 PM
jeremy spencer
This message has been deleted by jeremy spencer.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Red face oops...

... propagandist. (Spellcheck).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I notice the walking on eggshells approach when concerning Peter's ex-wife. From reading the 1999 Penguin Q&A with PG, up to that time he had never seen his daughter? Does anyone know if this has changed?

Jeremy Spencer mentioned an incident involving Jane Samuels while pregnant in one of his propogandist CoG fliers. I don't have the Celmins biography so I'm in the dark.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Ledgie

Default Peter Green & the famous "Highfish Commune" in Munich 1970

Hello there,

"Fleetwood Mac"- and "Peter Green"-fans should know that Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

By the way: Rainer Langhans' girl-friend Christa Ritter tells she's gonna make a movie about Peter Green's Munich accident: Peter Green’s (Ex-Fleetwood Mac) Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970:
http://zia.pentabarf.org/programm/speakers/29.de.html

Read more about Uschi Obermaier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Obermaier

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmuseum View Post
Hello there,

"Fleetwood Mac"- and "Peter Green"-fans should know that Rainer Langhans, famous former member of well known German communes, writes in an article ("Autobiography"/"Car-Biography") that he and his former girl-friend Uschi Obermaier met Peter Green in Munich, where they invited him to their (then well known) "High-Fish-Commune" (High-Fish = "stoned fish / shark"-commune): http://www.debrebant.de/pdf/auto.pdf

It seems that Langhans and Obermaier were not really interested in Peter Green. - They just wanted to get in contact with Mick Taylor.

Langhans and Obermaier wished to organize a "Bavarian Woodstock". They wanted Jimi Hendrix and "The Rolling Stones" to be the leading stars of their Bavarian open air festival. - They needed the "Green God" just to get in contact with "The Rolling Stones" via Mick Taylor.

Read more about it, in the "Rolling Stone"-Forum (in German):
Peter Greens Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970: http://forum.rollingstone.de/showthread.php?t=29009

By the way: Rainer Langhans' girl-friend Christa Ritter tells she's gonna make a movie about Peter Green's Munich accident: Peter Green’s (Ex-Fleetwood Mac) Trauma-Nacht mit deutschen Kommunarden 1970:
http://zia.pentabarf.org/programm/speakers/29.de.html

Read more about Uschi Obermaier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Obermaier

Last, not least: Please excuse my "English". I'm used to listen and read (in) English, but I'm not used to write in English. Sorry.

Regards,
Popmuseum
It would be nice if Christa would also be able to lay a hand on the recordings made, and get them published.

And, like I mentioned elsewhere: do not apologise for your "poor" English. At least you get further than most native English speaking get with German or whatever other language.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
At least you get further than most native English speaking get with German or whatever other language.
I'm sure you're correct, Wouter, although I could understand "wir haben getrippt und gejammt" Pretty cool info from Popmuseum - thanks!