Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post

I'm glad to hear something from Stevie... im just so upset
wow that image really highlights how far apart from all the rest Stevie was on that stage. I know that's totally not related to Glenn Frey, but I wonder why she was so separate?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wow that image really highlights how far apart from all the rest Stevie was on that stage. I know that's totally not related to Glenn Frey, but I wonder why she was so separate?
In figured it was just to not block the view of the musicians behind her.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mouth dropped open as I read this on msn.com and I am completely shocked.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:14 PM
Registered

Quote:
I can only guess that it was because she was singing lead but idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
My mouth dropped open as I read this on msn.com and I am completely shocked.
I'm still in shock
Old 01-18-2016, 10:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

From the Eagles official FB page:

Quote:
It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.
The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.

Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.
I am actually wondering if all this happening might make some artists who are veterans think about slowing down, and spending more time with close friends and family.

I've lost so many of my faves from the 70s era. Seem very few left now except for the obvious perennials. Many of the deaths have been from accidents or illness, not lifestyle factors.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres the Linda Ronstadt tribute with Glenn and the girls complete.

I post this awhile back on here.

Stevieandthegirlslindatrubutefixed by wppcproductions

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-19-2016, 07:05 AM
Ledgie

I was really sad when I saw this last night. Eagles were my second fav band after the Mac. He truly was a gifted songwriter, and was unstoppable when he collaborated with Henley. While I respect all the musicians that have died this month, Glenn's death is the only one that has affected me.

I agree with some posters about the Mac slowing down. As much as I would love to see them live again, have a new album or see them solo, I would much prefer they slowed down and spent more time with their families. I would much rather see the Mac being alive and well, than on the road and sick.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Each lady on stage sang a Ronstadt song alone and stood over to the side by themselves. It wasn't just Stevie. Glenn looked pretty good here. It is so sad he was taken so quickly. This was what...2 years ago?
Old 01-19-2016, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide95 View Post
I was really sad when I saw this last night. Eagles were my second fav band after the Mac. He truly was a gifted songwriter, and was unstoppable when he collaborated with Henley. While I respect all the musicians that have died this month, Glenn's death is the only one that has affected me.
Every word you said, is how I feel.

None of the other deaths have really bothered me. Glenn's death has been a kick in the gut! In regard to the end of The Eagles, the inevitable end of FM, and even the end of "us".
Old 01-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I had a more visceral reaction to the passing of Bowie but as primarily a Fleetwood Mac fan this one hits home. As Mick has pointed out Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles were the 'Coke" and 'Pepsi" of their time.The two titans of 1970s SoCal rock so therefore the Rumours band's closest musical peers not to mention Stevie 's significant romances with Henley and Walsh.If this is not the end of the Eagles it should be.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Ledgie

We have lost many musicians and business people recently in the past month:
  • Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver)
  • Natalie Cole
  • David Bowie
  • Rene Angelil (Celine Dion's manager and husband; Celine also lost a brother Saturday)

Glenn Frey's passing is one that hits the Fleetwood Mac family hard if you take into consideration members of the band, the Eagles, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have worked with each other on various projects for decades.

First, prayers and condolences to Frey's family: Cindy, his wife; Taylor, his daugher; Deacon and Otis, his sons.

Second, prayers and condolences to Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Scmidt, the remaining members of the Eagles. It will not be easy to move forward without Glenn. "What is the future of the Eagles?" is a question that will be answered later on.

There is a hole that remains in the world tonight. It is a hole that will never be filled.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was very sad to hear of Glenn Frey's passing yesterday evening when I'd gotten home from work. Usually I'd have seen it online but I did actually look yesterday evening. Anyway, The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac are my 2 favorite bands I've collected them since the 80's. Both bands will always be interconnected for me. I don't see how the Eagles can go on without Glenn. I do send condolences to Frey's family as well as the rest of the Eagles and there families. There music will always be apart of my life just like FMac as well as the other artists I love music from the 70's but other eras too. I agree they need to spend time with there families and friends more so than with music now (Fmac) like someone else posted. They've given up most of there lives for this. Maybe now is the time for themselves really. Time goes by too fast for us all. Hopefully each of us will appreciate each day we have. Enjoy your life the best you can. All we have is now.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 01-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Registered

do we have any other videos of mac members performing with Glenn?
Old 01-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide95 View Post

I agree with some posters about the Mac slowing down. As much as I would love to see them live again, have a new album or see them solo, I would much prefer they slowed down and spent more time with their families. I would much rather see the Mac being alive and well, than on the road and sick.
If they all quit tomorrow and just did a few guest appearances in future it would be sad but I would totally understand. They gave everyone a great chance to see them last year in a full tour. That's quite a respectable finish, that once would have seemed an impossibility.

The Rolling Stones have set a sort of benchmark for veteran performers, but I don't know how they do it. Mick and Keith are in my opinion exceptions. (Mick appears to be in better condition than many who are half his age, but has a long trail of broken relationships including last partner who committed suicide and he seemed totally unaware that she was in so much pain.) They might be 'survivors' but for them, there are dozens of casualties.

(Sorry if that sounds insensitive about Jagger. I like RS as a band but don't get Jagger at all. I once tried to read a biography about him and probably one of the dullest I've ever read. Probably not the author's fault. It's just that Mick is so much about himself, even by rock star standards.)

Last edited by Missy; 01-19-2016 at 07:55 PM..