User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmanastrat View Post
I would love to hear that Doodyhead, nice one. Any idea how i contact them?
Shrine 69 is a live CD recorded also by Dinky Dawson and released by Ryko in 1999. It is a nice one!
http://www.amazon.com/Shrine-69-Flee...7290148&sr=8-1
Old 03-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tea party banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Compare that to the Boston shows when he's having fun with the audience at times, telling stories. I guess his personality really changed after Munich, but his guitar playing was never better.
I have Boston Tea Party in the official 2 CD version, but with no stage banter. Is there another - more "un-cut" version?

Ms Moose
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default stage banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
I have Boston Tea Party in the official 2 CD version, but with no stage banter. Is there another - more "un-cut" version?

Ms Moose
aparently so. It appears that the first release had snippits of stage banter before and between songs. there must have been another pressing or two
I have a three CD version with banter and had at one time a second copy of the first disc that had the banter removed.

And
I have no idea what was on the "cerulean" and other releases on vinyl

vinnie c
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ms Moose
The 1999 3 volume release of "Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston" has plenty of stage banter. On volume 2, Peter goes into great detail about Mick's woman problems before the epic 25 min. Rattlesnake Shake (my favorite version, then Paris Theater). There's another part where Peter is doing the child rhyme "one two buckle my shoe" bit. I don't know what the "official" 2 CD version is, though I have "Boston Blues" that is 2 cd's but it's only excerpts from the 3 cd set. That does not have any banter except for the guy introducing the band. Volume 3 of Live in Boston is now out of print for some reason, and it has some must have gems such as "On We Jam", and B.B. King's "If You Let Me Love You". Overall the must have disc is volume 2.

BTW according to the "Boston Blues" liner notes, "Encore Jam" does not have Clapton included as long rumored. However, I confirmed it with a friend of mine that there is a fourth guitarist on the left channel (Kirwan's channel). It's Danny hard left, Peter hard right, Joe Walsh in the center, and the fourth guitarist is soft left (Clapton?).
I thought I'd bring that up.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The 1999 3 volume release of "Fleetwood Mac: Live in Boston" has plenty of stage banter. On volume 2, Peter goes into great detail about Mick's woman problems before the epic 25 min. Rattlesnake Shake (my favorite version, then Paris Theater). There's another part where Peter is doing the child rhyme "one two buckle my shoe" bit. I don't know what the "official" 2 CD version is, though I have "Boston Blues" that is 2 cd's but it's only excerpts from the 3 cd set. That does not have any banter except for the guy introducing the band. Volume 3 of Live in Boston is now out of print for some reason, and it has some must have gems such as "On We Jam", and B.B. King's "If You Let Me Love You". Overall the must have disc is volume 2.

And "If You Let Me Love You" has Jeremy Spencer on piano.

BTW according to the "Boston Blues" liner notes, "Encore Jam" does not have Clapton included as long rumored. However, I confirmed it with a friend of mine that there is a fourth guitarist on the left channel (Kirwan's channel). It's Danny hard left, Peter hard right, Joe Walsh in the center, and the fourth guitarist is soft left (Clapton?).
If my memory doesn't fail I think that the Jam with E.Clapton took place some days later, probably February 10, 1970, after a Clapton gig, but of course I could be wrong.......
Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeydevil View Post
Shrine 69 is a live CD recorded also by Dinky Dawson and released by Ryko in 1999. It is a nice one!
http://www.amazon.com/Shrine-69-Flee...7290148&sr=8-1
Great i´m on the case thanks for the heads up .
Old 03-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you doodyhead and slipkid(and I see now that Mario has posted too at the second I went to write this reply). My copy of Boston Blues is released in 2000 by Snapper Music. Like you said there is hardly any banter except for the odd 'thank you' and the guy introducing the band. The liner notes is written by someone called I. Moulden-Gray, and he writes about the 'Clapton issue': "And then with the gig seemingly over, Peter Green & Co trudge wearily back onstage for an encore jam session with Joe Walsh, a couple of other members of support band The James Gang, and an unusually low-key Eric Clapton".

I have often seen that some of you here have talked about a 3 CD version of Boston Blues/Tea Party. I have now hit Christopher Hjorts book and he writes that FM were playing three nights there 5-7th of january 1970 and they were all recorded (according to Hjort) and "made available during the 1990s in a series of different guises and are eventually collected in a three-CD boxed set, Live At the Boston Tea Party, covering more than two dozen songs - without repeats - from all three nights." Ahhh, this explains it!

The Clapton jam apparently happened when Delaney, Bonnie and Friends (including Clapton) hit Boston Tea Party on the two following nights the 8th and 9th of january. Hjort continues that, according to Dinky Dawson a jam took place, including Peter Green, Joe Walsh and and Donnie Scott which nobody wanted to stop, but Clapton dropped out and the jam faltered. He then notes that:"A lacklustre live recording circulates later, purporting to be from this show, but is more likely the encore from the previous night when Fleetwood Mac played with Joe Walsh sitting in."(p. 284) Maybe this can explain the rather boring "Encore Jam" that ends my 2 CD copy of Boston Blues. Sounds like a giant meatgrinder - not inspired souls - at work!

Ms Moose
Old 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have often seen that some of you here have talked about a 3 CD version of Boston Blues/Tea Party. I have now hit Christopher Hjorts book and he writes that FM were playing three nights there 5-7th of january 1970 and they were all recorded (according to Hjort) and "made available during the 1990s in a series of different guises and are eventually collected in a three-CD boxed set, Live At the Boston Tea Party, covering more than two dozen songs - without repeats - from all three nights." Ahhh, this explains it!
Ms Moose, here are some links that maybe of interest to you (this is the U.S. website, I don't know if you have to change the address or not):

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Boston-Di...7409912&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Boston-Di...7409912&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Boston-Re...7409998&sr=8-1

(vol. 3 is available in .mp3 format only)

Quote:
The Clapton jam apparently happened when Delaney, Bonnie and Friends (including Clapton) hit Boston Tea Party on the two following nights the 8th and 9th of january. Hjort continues that, according to Dinky Dawson a jam took place, including Peter Green, Joe Walsh and and Donnie Scott which nobody wanted to stop, but Clapton dropped out and the jam faltered. He then notes that:"A lacklustre live recording circulates later, purporting to be from this show, but is more likely the encore from the previous night when Fleetwood Mac played with Joe Walsh sitting in."(p. 284) Maybe this can explain the rather boring "Encore Jam" that ends my 2 CD copy of Boston Blues. Sounds like a giant meatgrinder - not inspired souls - at work!

Ms Moose
I was mistaken, it wasn't "Boston Blues" where I read Clapton was not on the jam, I guess it was the Hjort book that gave me that info. However, there is a fourth guitarist on that recording. It may not be Clapton.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the snapper 3 cd set

I have the 3 cd set and "Oh we Jam" is on the third CD and may or may not be Clapton

On CD 2 after the set is an intro for the jam by peter followed by a 15 minute or so jam that ends in a drum solo. I have beel listening to Clapton, Green, Kirwan and to some extent walsh for a long time now. I can tell you I have no doubt about hearing Clapton there as well as green. The people that are less distinct are Walsh ( a relative youngster at the time and Kirwan who was semingly continuallytentative in those 70's jams. I ay that because of listening to just about every recorded Rattlesnake Shake and the Jam with the Dead three days after the Boston Gig at the Fillmore in NY.

I personally like the first snapper Boston CD as the best set beginning to end. One can debate about The two Rattlesnake shakes CD 2 is Better . and as always the two sets are different. Black Magic Woman and Duster Bennetts song Like it this way The Green Malalishias opposed to World In Harmony and Oh Well and a great RS. Spencer is good on both and then there is the clapton Jam

They should reissue the 3 CD set as the best Live Album (as a unit)

OH Well

doodyhead
Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
I have the 3 cd set and "Oh we Jam" is on the third CD and may or may not be Clapton

On CD 2 after the set is an intro for the jam by peter followed by a 15 minute or so jam that ends in a drum solo. I have beel listening to Clapton, Green, Kirwan and to some extent walsh for a long time now. I can tell you I have no doubt about hearing Clapton there as well as green. The people that are less distinct are Walsh ( a relative youngster at the time and Kirwan who was semingly continuallytentative in those 70's jams. I ay that because of listening to just about every recorded Rattlesnake Shake and the Jam with the Dead three days after the Boston Gig at the Fillmore in NY.

doodyhead
"On We Jam" is only Kirwan and Green. I love how these recordings were mixed because it's always Peter on the right channel, Danny on the left. However on "Oh Well", the right channel is doing all of the solos, which should be Kirwan. Did they take turns?

As for the Jam with the Dead at the Fillmore, there are times you can barely hear Peter, yet he's the one who's driving the direction of the jam. The Dead never played a DS/Spanish Jam that intense before or since. By the end of Spanish Jam, Duane Allman has taken over.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Ledgie

The jam in question (Eric Clapton & Peter's Mac) is available over on that Sugar Megs site. It is around number 472 of the current listings. Clocking in at over 17 minuets it is an interesting jam and the quality of the recording is in my opinion good not great and very listenable.

Here is the link:

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/latestadditions.aspx

Peace,
-Al
Old 03-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Some details about the date of jam in Boston - (10 February 1970 ?)

Hello,
I found some details on http://pages.infinit.net/ronfaith/blind.html
ERIC CLAPTON BOOTOGRAPHY
Eric Clapton, "God is Good" (ARMS [ARMS 24], no date, sb5)
Recorded 7 June 1969 at Hyde Park, London (tracks 1-3: Eric Clapton: guitar; Steve Winwood: keybaords, vocals; Rick Grech: bass; Ginger Baker: drums)/
26 April 1965 at the BBC, London (tracks 4-6: John Mayall: keyboards, harmonica, vocals/
Eric Clapton: guitar; John McVie: bass; Hughie Flint: drums.), and
10 February 1970 at the Tea Party, Boston (track 7: lineup unknown, although Eric Clapton [guitar] is joined by Peter Green [guitar]).

7 tracks on 1 CD. Total Time: 43:29.

1. Well Alright
2. Sea of Joy
3. Sleeping on the Ground
4. Crawling Up A Hill
5. Crocodile Walk
6. Bye Bye Bird
7. Jam

Regards
Krzysztof
Old 03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
Hello,
I found some details on http://pages.infinit.net/ronfaith/blind.html
ERIC CLAPTON BOOTOGRAPHY
Eric Clapton, "God is Good" (ARMS [ARMS 24], no date, sb5)
Recorded 7 June 1969 at Hyde Park, London (tracks 1-3: Eric Clapton: guitar; Steve Winwood: keybaords, vocals; Rick Grech: bass; Ginger Baker: drums)/
26 April 1965 at the BBC, London (tracks 4-6: John Mayall: keyboards, harmonica, vocals/
Eric Clapton: guitar; John McVie: bass; Hughie Flint: drums.), and
10 February 1970 at the Tea Party, Boston (track 7: lineup unknown, although Eric Clapton [guitar] is joined by Peter Green [guitar]).

7 tracks on 1 CD. Total Time: 43:29.

1. Well Alright
2. Sea of Joy
3. Sleeping on the Ground
4. Crawling Up A Hill
5. Crocodile Walk
6. Bye Bye Bird
7. Jam

Regards
Krzysztof
Yes, this the reason why I do remember February 10, 1970!

Mario.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the links slipkid. I will definitely have to get them.
I agree with doodyhead the 1999 issue should be re-issued.

Ms Moose
Old 03-25-2009, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chalk Farm revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornense View Post
Can be heard at Wolfgangs Vault!

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/
Sorry to interrupt the flow on a good thread - but to go back to the beginning: according to this there were two concerts at Chalk Farm: on the 24th and 28th of April:

http://www.fmlegacy.com/concertsfm1970.html

Ms Moose