User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Which is in direct contrast to what Mick was none-too-shy about saying to the press at the time...that Fleetwood Mac would take care of those who came before. Granted he did broker a record deal with WB for Peter Green's comeback, which Peter backed out on at the 11th hour, and he did engineer Bob Welch's mass success there for a while. But, where was Jeremy? Where was Danny? Obviously Weston was "persona-non-grata", and Dave Walker was probably totally forgotten about.

Well, the perennial nose candy that was around in those days probably didn't help her personality either.
Yeah, but I always thought she never did as much as Mick and Stevie.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Yeah, but I always thought she never did as much as Mick and Stevie.
From what I've read she didn't. Although didn't Stevie once say that Christine has a hole in her nose just like Stevie does?

Gail
Old 03-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57

And, more than a few people have said that Chris was not afraid to give her opinion.
Yes that's true. Didn't Bob Welch say something to the effect that it was like working with a "sarcastic aunt"?

But as she was producing the album she was bound to have to take responsibility to get the job done.

Gail
Old 03-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
One of these days, I'm gonna offer to take him and his wife out to dinner, when I'm in town.
Could I go too? I would like to have dinner with Bob ... anything: Japanese, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, French, German/Bavarian, American, Brazilian/Argentinian, Russian, Roumanian/Hungarian, British, etc.

I think Christine was in love with Bob Weston. But she never let on out of fear of reprisal. Hence the name "Reprise" on their label.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Could I go too? I would like to have dinner with Bob ... anything: Japanese, Italian, Greek, Vietnamese, French, German/Bavarian, American, Brazilian/Argentinian, Russian, Roumanian/Hungarian, British, etc.
Sure you can go, David. I'd feel much more at ease, with you there(you're not going to talk about going #2 though, are you?).
Seriously, I'm not sure Bob would turn us down. "Hey Bob, pick a place that you and your wife like, nearby for you, and we'll meet you there".
Bob seems that approachable.....maybe I'm wrong though.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Sure you can go, David. I'd feel much more at ease, with you there(you're not going to talk about going #2 though, are you?).
Seriously, I'm not sure Bob would turn us down.
I won't talk about #2, unless one of you guys broaches the subject. But it sounds like very enjoyable, really. However, I sent Bob an MP3 of my band doing Hypnotized, & Bob never wrote back, so I hope he doesn't think "Oh here's that ****tard again." I don't want to spoil the dinner.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I won't talk about #2, unless one of you guys broaches the subject. But it sounds like very enjoyable, really. However, I sent Bob an MP3 of my band doing Hypnotized, & Bob never wrote back, so I hope he doesn't think "Oh here's that ****tard again." I don't want to spoil the dinner.
I will never broach that subject.
Bob probably just forgot about your mp3. Why would he be upset about it? Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, and all.
I think Bob's probably the most normal (errrr- American ) person that ever played in FM.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh
Although didn't Stevie once say that Christine has a hole in her nose just like Stevie does?

Gail
I never heard that. There's no way that Chris could sing as well as she does with a hole in her nose.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
She would be if everything Bob Welch said in his first Q & A was true. On the other hand, check out the George Hawkins & Todd Sharp Q & A's. Both of those guys obviously adore her. By the way, Bob Welch's second Q & A was like night & day to his first one. That first Q & A was probably Bob's book that he'll probably never actually write.
You know on any given day, i can be a snooty bitch.. I mean look at homer.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She would be if everything Bob Welch said in his first Q & A was true. On the other hand, check out the George Hawkins & Todd Sharp Q & A's. Both of those guys obviously adore her. By the way, Bob Welch's second Q & A was like night & day to his first one. That first Q & A was probably Bob's book that he'll probably never actually write.
aww! i just read george hawkins' & he really did just love her!! hes so sweet!
Old 03-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
aww! i just read george hawkins' & he really did just love her!! hes so sweet!
Yeah, but he (and Billy, for that matter) have to work with the likes of John Fogerty. I'm bettin' Chris comes of like a sweet angel by comparison.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
In his Q&A Bob Weston spoke about his thoughts on working with Christine in FM where she was "homey and quite content to be a musician" and then later, when she called him in the latter half of the seventies to work, I think, on a Robbi Patton record. At that stage he said something that surprised me. Something to the effect that she now wielded her fame and power like a weapon...

This sttrikes me as very un-Christine. Anybody know anything about what he is referring to? And if so, any thoughts?
I haven't read the Q&A yet, but I was thinking that maybe Christine might have been sarcastic or joking when she said that, and he took it the wrong way?? Of course, Christine strikes me as the type of person who comes off as serious, so when she does make a joke, people don't always see it as such.

Also, is Bob Weston British or American?? (I can't remember offhand right now!) If he's American, then there's another factor -- British people and American people have a *very* different sense of humor.....

Just my 2 cents, anyhow....

Andrea
Well let it let go of the sorrow."
--Stevie Nicks, "Juliet"
Old 03-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
You know on any given day, i can be a snooty bitch.. I mean look at homer.
Did you just call me a snooty bitch?
I mean, I'm a little bit of a snob, and quite opinionated, and can kind of be an ass, but to call me a snooty bitch, is just over the line!!!

Old 03-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfanatic
Also, is Bob Weston British or American?? (I can't remember offhand right now!) If he's American, then there's another factor -- British people and American people have a *very* different sense of humor.....
Andrea
I do agree about the British sense of humor thing.

Bob was British, born in Liverpool.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfanatic
I haven't read the Q&A yet, but I was thinking that maybe Christine might have been sarcastic or joking when she said that, and he took it the wrong way?? Of course, Christine strikes me as the type of person who comes off as serious, so when she does make a joke, people don't always see it as such.

Just my 2 cents, anyhow....

Andrea
Yes I think there is a difference. Didn't Oscar Wilde describe us as "two nations divided by a common language"?

Sometimes we Brits have what we like to think of as a very dry sense of humour (John McVie) but it can come across as sarcastic/rude.

Gail