Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Top 12 March 1983

imported thread from christinemcvie.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail
As discussed on the "craziest" thread I've found the cassette with this interview on. This was a BBC radio programme where musicians were invited to put together an imaginery album of 12 of their favourite songs. They also talked about their career etc. I've had a quick listen to it (it's about an hour long) and listed the songs Christine picked. Here they are:

Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
I want you - The Graham Bond Organisation
Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
Casseopia Surrender - Mick Fleetwood
Babylon Sisters - Steeley Dan
Waterfalls - Paul McCartney
Cathy's Clown - The Everly Brothers
When I fall in Love - Nat King Cole (a lovely song to listen to at 3 o'clock in the morning)
Woman - John Lennon
I love L.A. - Randy Newman
Down Under - Men at work
Frozen Love - Buckingham Nicks (they sing beautifully together)

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to transcribe the whole thing but I might know someone who could transfer it to a CD and then I could post it somewhere like You Send it. I'll see what I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer McVie
Casseopia Surrender is my favorite song from The Visitor! I find that "anvil" sound to be hypnotic. Cool
Quote:
By the way I forgot to say that the comments in brackets are Christine's not mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcviefan
Thanks, Gail! That's a very interesting list. I have quite a few of those songs. "Layla" is one of my favorite songs by anyone. And, I knew she'd get a Steely Dan song on there.
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm going to be able to transcribe the whole thing but I might know someone who could transfer it to a CD and then I could post it somewhere like You Send it. I'll see what I can do.
That would be even better than transcribing it. I was going to say something about transferring it to a digital format in my earlier post, but I didn't want to be presumptious. Good luck & thanks so much
Quote:
Quote:
Casseopia Surrender is my favorite song from The Visitor! I find that "anvil" sound to be hypnotic. Cool
I like that whole album too, really every song. I like this album version of "Walk A Thin Line" better than Lindsey's Tusk version.
Quote:
Quote:
By the way I forgot to say that the comments in brackets are Christine's not mine
That's what I figured. I didn't think you stayed up til 3 a.m. listening to Nat King Cole.
Quote:
Quote:
I like that whole album too, really every song. I like this album version of "Walk A Thin Line" better than Lindsey's Tusk version.
WATL- Me, too.
I do like the songs in English better than the African ones(Hey! How's a guy supposed to sing along?!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
"a lovely song to listen to at 3 o'clock in the morning"

LOL!!!

thanks for this gail!
Quote:
OK I've found somewhere that will convert the tape to a CD

Hurrah!

I don't know how long this will take so don't hold your breath
Quote:
Great news!
Quote:
I have mp3s of them. Somebody posted them all as mp3s on the Ledge. I still don't know how do Yousendit, though. I can send em to anyone that wants em(if your email will take em).
Quote:
When were they posted? Do you have the entire 1 hour interview? I can't believe I missed this.

Homer, do you still have the same e-mail address? Do you mind if I e-mail you? If not, I can send you a private message on the Ledge.

By the way, YouSendIt is easy. You just have to register, which is easy & free. As soon as you have your account set up, then you can upload what you want to send. It's very simple. Even I can figure it out.
Quote:
Oops, my bad. I thought we were talking about Mick's The Visitor album. I think it was Steve McD who posted mp3s of The Visitor. That's what I have.
Quote:
Oh, OK, I misunderstood your post. I thought it was strange that I'd never seen this interview posted on the Ledge, since I never even knew this interview existed until last week.

I do remember when Steve posted both The Visitor & I'm Not Me. By the way, both of those albums are surprisingly very, very, very good.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still waiting for the CD to come for this and then hopefully I'll get it posted on You Send It and then we can all hear it again

Gail
Old 10-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I'm still waiting for the CD to come for this and then hopefully I'll get it posted on You Send It and then we can all hear it again

Gail
That's great! With all the problems with her website, I had forgotten about this interview. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

that would be fabulous gail! but take your time, no worries!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Gail
thanks gail! that would be amazing! this is totally new to me & i love it! hehehe love her music taste!

what year was this?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird View Post
thanks gail! that would be amazing! this is totally new to me & i love it! hehehe love her music taste!

what year was this?

March 1983 and I sill had the original tape! I moved twice since then and somehow the tape survived.

Gail
Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I moved twice since then and somehow the tape survived.

Gail
Now that's a true, dedicated Christine McVie fan!