Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Tango Tour

As disappointed as I was at the time that Lindsey left after the release of Tango in the Night and didn’t tour...the tour rocked and was amazing as I remember . It was the beginning of using the additional musicians that took some getting use to but what a great live performance. I listened to the live from Salt Lake City show from 11/87 today. Billy and Rick had a lot of energy and Christine and Stevie sounded amazing. That tour really kept that album selling and Lindsey sure did benefit.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As disappointed as I was at the time that Lindsey left after the release of Tango in the Night and didn’t tour...the tour rocked and was amazing as I remember . It was the beginning of using the additional musicians that took some getting use to but what a great live performance. I listened to the live from Salt Lake City show from 11/87 today. Billy and Rick had a lot of energy and Christine and Stevie sounded amazing. That tour really kept that album selling and Lindsey sure did benefit.
I think the hit singles is what kept the album selling. I am surprised it did not sell more in the US based on its top 40 single success. While I enjoyed the Tango tour, the BTM or Farewell tour was better IMHO. Rick and Billy seemed more confident and adding a few more licks to the songs to make it theirs. We got a very basic Rhiannon in 1987 and a few others. But the tour pulled out some major surprises: Don't Let Me Down Again, Stand Back and HAWAFY. It was probably the last tour before Stevie's lights were turned off for 6 years. She was on klonopin but it was not affecting her performance (yet). Its too bad Stevie got sick and the Australian leg of the tour was cancelled. The band made it up to Australia by opening their 1990 tour in Australia. In the 1980s it was a common event in arenas for people to throw frisbees around the arena or beach balls during the concert. I got to see Stevie pick up a frisbee on stage and throw it back to the audience. It was a very very lame throw but it made it into the crowd.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-16-2020 at 05:35 AM..
Old 04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She was on klonopin but it was not affecting her performance (yet)..
I didn't go to any Tango or BTM concert. Just have seen the Tango video. But I've read (and talked with friends) that her perfomance was evidently affected during those tours. Specially Tango.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I didn't go to any Tango or BTM concert. Just have seen the Tango video. But I've read (and talked with friends) that her perfomance was evidently affected during those tours. Specially Tango.
Christine McVie really stepped her game up on the BTM and Tango (somewhat) tours.

By the time we got to the Dance, she was fading, (still sounded wonderful) but, Lindsey was running the show. For all intents and purposes during BTM, Christine really shined the most.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine McVie really stepped her game up on the BTM and Tango (somewhat) tours.

By the time we got to the Dance, she was fading, (still sounded wonderful) but, Lindsey was running the show. For all intents and purposes during BTM, Christine really shined the most.
With Lindsey gone, and $tevie doped up, she had no other choice but to step it up.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I saw the Tango tour early in October 1987. No sign of anything wrong. Stevie was alert and having fun on stage. Many times during the show she would go out of her way to get the crowd whipped up. Remember that she started with a small dose. It was not until I saw her 2 years later in 1989 that it was evident there was a problem.
Even the extensive interviews she did with MTV in 1987 were classic Stevie with no visible impairment at all. 2 years later she had the klonopin stare and seemed distant and uninterested. Like any drug she kept upping her dose over the years.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I saw the Tango tour early in October 1987. No sign of anything wrong. Stevie was alert and having fun on stage. Many times during the show she would go out of her way to get the crowd whipped up. Remember that she started with a small dose. It was not until I saw her 2 years later in 1989 that it was evident there was a problem.
Even the extensive interviews she did with MTV in 1987 were classic Stevie with no visible impairment at all. 2 years later she had the klonopin stare and seemed distant and uninterested. Like any drug she kept upping her dose over the years.
reminded me of the MTV interviews she did for WH in which she was clearly coked out...
Old 04-21-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
reminded me of the MTV interviews she did for WH in which she was clearly coked out...
Really?
I could not disagree more. In 1983 her voice was coked out and she would sway back and forth. She seemed grounded IMHO
Old 04-21-2020, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes...that’s how I remembered it. On the 1987 tour she was fine.....saw a slow decline on the OSOTM tour and BTM tour. When I met her after a Street Angel show she was out of it....but she sure sounded good that night.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Yes...that’s how I remembered it. On the 1987 tour she was fine.....saw a slow decline on the OSOTM tour and BTM tour. When I met her after a Street Angel show she was out of it....but she sure sounded good that night.
She was off klonopin when Street Angel was released. She had a huge accident and finally got help towards the end of recording Street Angel. When she got out of a long rehab she finished the album.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was off klonopin when Street Angel was released. She had a huge accident and finally got help towards the end of recording Street Angel.
What was her huge accident???
Old 04-22-2020, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
With Lindsey gone, and $tevie doped up, she had no other choice but to step it up.
Always putting the band first no matter what the rest of the ding dongs had done. Can't imagine why she got tired of dealing with that year after year.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Always putting the band first no matter what the rest of the ding dongs had done. Can't imagine why she got tired of dealing with that year after year.
Everything goes back to that stupid package deal.

Stupid, Lindsey, stupid!!!!!!!

(a decision I'm sure he's regretted a billion times)
Old 04-22-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Everything goes back to that stupid package deal.

Stupid, Lindsey, stupid!!!!!!!

(a decision I'm sure he's regretted a billion times)
rhymes with queeeezy
Old 04-22-2020, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What was her huge accident???
I believe it was December 1993 when Stevie fell in her living room and bashed her head into the fireplace. It was the catalyst for her friends (who where there) to finally speak up and get her to rehab. I guess it was her "rock bottom" moment (pardon the pun).
I cant imagine for the life of me what a Streel Angel tour would have been like if she had not cleaned up. 1994 was the first tour in 20 years that she was not on some substance while performing live. Her hair was fried, her waist bigger, but supposedly clean as a whistle.