Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Whom Do You Prefer Billy or Rick
Billy Burnette 17 42.50%
Rick Vito 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2022, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats a great story, Homer! Bathroom encounters are always an awkward place to encounter a celebrity, I would imagine. Of all the members of FM, Billy, Rick, or Mick would be the only ones I would be interested in talking to. John would say nothing, Stevie is weird, Lindsey is socially awkward, and Christine I suspect is not a nice person. Just my impression of course, I could be totally wrong. Im basing this solely on interviews Ive seen or read.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thats a great story, Homer! Bathroom encounters are always an awkward place to encounter a celebrity, I would imagine. Of all the members of FM, Billy, Rick, or Mick would be the only ones I would be interested in talking to. John would say nothing, Stevie is weird, Lindsey is socially awkward, and Christine I suspect is not a nice person. Just my impression of course, I could be totally wrong. Im basing this solely on interviews Ive seen or read.
I'd want to meet Christine more than any of them. I think she'd be great to have a drink with. If you cross her, I'm sure she'd hold a grudge. But otherwise, I think she's probably quite lovely. To me she comes across as being really down to earth.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-19-2022, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here we are again agreeing....has Hell frozen over?

I think Lindsey would be okay. I wouldn't want to meet John just because I've rarely been able to understand his pickled, British gibberish. I'm sure Mick would be easy...just let him ramble incoherently. I would have liked to have met $tevie, BACK IN THE DAY, before $he was a LEGEND in her own mind.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd want to meet Christine more than any of them. I think she'd be great to have a drink with. If you cross her, I'm sure she'd hold a grudge. But otherwise, I think she's probably quite lovely. To me she comes across as being really down to earth.
I always felt exactly like this, however, having worked with stars before who turned out to be a*sholes, and hearing a few stories about her, I think it's easier for my pedestal placement of her, if we didn't meet.

I don't want to hear her telling me that I'm wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

I used to dream about knocking back a couple bottles of wine with her, though, listening to all her stories.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Haha, I was eating at a restaurant in West Nashville(the famed Loveless Cafe) with some friends, and I needed to go pee. On the way, I peered into another part of the restaurant, and saw Billy sitting in the corner, eating with some people. I went back to my friends and told them that I saw Billy, grabbed my phone to try and take a pic, and headed back that way. Well, it was just a little too obvious that I would be taking his pic(since he was looking directly towards me), so I decided to go pee, and maybe try on my way back to our table. So I walk up to the urinal, and who walks in, and stands at the urinal next to mine? Billy! I know it's not like running into Lindsey or Mick, but I was still too starstruck to say anything other "hey".

I just always found it funny that I was trying to get a pic, and he ended up peeing next to me instead.
You should have sung your version of Seven Wonders while he was peeing.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You should have sung your version of Seven Wonders while he was peeing.
I was thinking Rattlesnake Shake lol.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was thinking Rattlesnake Shake lol.
When Homer has a few beers in him, his inner Stevie really comes out
Old 02-19-2022, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I always felt exactly like this, however, having worked with stars before who turned out to be a*sholes, and hearing a few stories about her, I think it's easier for my pedestal placement of her, if we didn't meet.

I don't want to hear her telling me that I'm wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt.

I used to dream about knocking back a couple bottles of wine with her, though, listening to all her stories.
Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling shes not a nice person. There is a reason we dont hear anyone talk about meeting her- Ive heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, hed be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, shed probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that shes always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying so? Its just a song. Seriously lol. Its one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, Im going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling shes not a nice person. There is a reason we dont hear anyone talk about meeting her- Ive heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, hed be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, shed probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that shes always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying so? Its just a song. Seriously lol. Its one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, Im going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.
You are so wrong. On her 1984 solo tour, she gave out to radio stations backstage passes to meet her. Here is a photo of a free meet and greet 1984 style. She was under no obligation to meet any fans yet she did. I would also add the 1990 story I read on Ebay when someone was selling a cocktail napkin she signed. Someone noticed her eating at a restaurant and she signed a cocktail napkin for this fan. You also saw Christine signing Mac albums and even Nicks solo albums when it was announced she was coming back to the Mac. As the Brits say........RUBBISH

Here is Christine meeting her young fans on her 1984 solo tour
https://www.rockinhouston.com/images...nid=630&page=1
Old 02-19-2022, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Homer has a few beers in him, his inner Stevie really comes out
I threw mah shawls away years ago!
Old 02-19-2022, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even though Christine is my favorite songwriter in FM, and she writes beautiful songs, I just have this feeling she’s not a nice person. There is a reason we don’t hear anyone talk about meeting her- I’ve heard stories about meeting lots of singers/musicians, including Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, but not Christine. I think if I met Lindsey and told him which of his songs I love, he’d be nice but probably bore me about the technical aspects of the song. If I met Stevie and said the same thing to her, she’d probably repeat the same story about how/why she wrote that song that she’s always shared. But if I met Christine and told her how much I loved certain songs, I envision her just staring at me and saying “so? It’s just a song.” Seriously lol. It’s one thing to be cool and aloof, or a little shy, but with Christine, I suspect she makes herself come across as unapproachable to fans. Maybe not to her friends and family, but certainly to fans.

Again, I’m going by impressions. Obviously I have no idea what any of them are like.
I think too, that you're judging her too harshly. I don't think she tolerates bull sh*t, but I'd guess that as long as you're nice, and respectful, she would be approachable.

But if you cross her, you're dead where you stand.

We have someone on the page here(I'm not saying who), who met her backstage about 3 years ago. They said she was great, and took very nice pics together.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ChiliD's Christine story was maybe the sweetest ever, the one where he bumped into Lindsey and Richard at a Clapton show and got a cold look from Lindsey, but Christine kind of bailed him out.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2022, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are so wrong. On her 1984 solo tour, she gave out to radio stations backstage passes to meet her. Here is a photo of a free meet and greet 1984 style. She was under no obligation to meet any fans yet she did. I would also add the 1990 story I read on Ebay when someone was selling a cocktail napkin she signed. Someone noticed her eating at a restaurant and she signed a cocktail napkin for this fan. You also saw Christine signing Mac albums and even Nicks solo albums when it was announced she was coming back to the Mac. As the Brits say........RUBBISH

Here is Christine meeting her young fans on her 1984 solo tour
https://www.rockinhouston.com/images...nid=630&page=1
Thanks for the examples, Macfan, I’m glad to hear Christine isn’t as unapproachable as I thought she was. I haven’t heard the story ChiliD provided, maybe they will see this and give more info. Thanks Steve and Homer.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the examples, Macfan, Im glad to hear Christine isnt as unapproachable as I thought she was. I havent heard the story ChiliD provided, maybe they will see this and give more info. Thanks Steve and Homer.
Chili rarely gets on here anymore. He's had some serious health issues the past couple of years, and I think his priorities have changed, understandably.