User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2023, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought that was the death of Christine McVie.
I did say I was blessed to have heard Christine play Sara. And I'll add the opening to Sara.

Fleetwood Mac was FM to me during the Say You Will and Extended Play years too.

I went to four 2018 Tour shows however to me FM at that show was Mick, John, Chris, and Stevie because Mike and Neil weren't playing new music.

What I meant by marking the end was that I see Stevie adding Sara to her solo set a sign that Stevie, Mick, John, even Lindsey will never be on stage together again as Fleetwood Mac.
Old 03-11-2023, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I never understood Fall From Grace. Granted its probably in the better half of songs on TISRL but that is not saying much. I think I hate the song is because of her performance in 2001 at the Blockbuster awards show. I forget if it was Sheryl or Stevie that said they plotted to play a song to blow everyone out of their seats and picked this song. Its not a rocker at all and the music track is rather tame and bland. It does not even have much guitar or a guitar solo in it. Its a slightly faster or up-tempo song that she normally performs but that's not saying much. She has much better "rockers" to put in her set.
I always liked Rhiannon and Landslide as encores. When she did that in 1991, I thought it was the perfect encore set. This set is heavy in Mac tunes and she performed every one of her Mac singles except Seven Wonders. We all assumed she would play For What Its Worth. So I assume Sara and Fall From Grace are the surprises?
I will applaud Billy for not being an egomaniac like Rod Stewart. He stepped on her stage and sang a song with her.
Lastly, my call about Chris's tribute was right and appropriate. A Landslide dedication is all that's needed. Some were getting way too creative thinking she was going to perform Dont Stop with Billy or dig into Think About It. Come on Stevie fans. You should know better than anyone that NOTHING EVER CHANGES.

Billy really does add an edge to SDMHA. I like that she gave him the entire second verse to sing. He seems to almost flub at :58 and has to look at the monitor for lyrics. Come on now. The lyrics are not that tough. But kudos for Billy. He definitely gave some power to the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA-5slyWCBw
Ha - I actually like FFG and that Blockbuster Award performance is precisely the reason why.

As for the tribute - you’re exactly right in that it’s obvious nothing was going to change and anything interesting would be too much change. I strongly believe a rollicking Don’t Stop played with Billy instead of the traditional L&L or SDMHA duet would have been a hell of a lot better tribute to the life and legacy of Christine than a dedication of Landslide ending the show in tears. I don’t begrudge her or anyone crying and being devastated at Chris’s death but to me this is/was an opportunity to celebrate her supposed bff’s legacy. Don’t Stop is designed for two singers, Stevie and her band can and have done the song justice before, Billy Joel playing the keys, honoring the legendary Christine F**king McVie by playing her signature tune - IMO, would’ve been a lot better than what she did.

But at least she’s still trudging out that tired and boring version of Free Fallin’ to honor Tom.
Old 03-11-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I did say I was blessed to have heard Christine play Sara. And I'll add the opening to Sara.

Fleetwood Mac was FM to me during the Say You Will and Extended Play years too.

I went to four 2018 Tour shows however to me FM at that show was Mick, John, Chris, and Stevie because Mike and Neil weren't playing new music.

What I meant by marking the end was that I see Stevie adding Sara to her solo set a sign that Stevie, Mick, John, even Lindsey will never be on stage together again as Fleetwood Mac.
In 2018, I dont think Chris played the opening to Sara. Sadly she was relinquishing most of her keyboard playing by then
Old 03-11-2023, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say, Billy singing stop dragging is way better than waddy’s vocal.

OF COURSE landslide is a photo montage tribute to Christine. She did the same thing when her dad passed away…why would she possibly do anything different lmao.

Im afraid to hear her 2023 version of FFG…it was on the decline the last time she had it in her set. The Blockbuster awards performance was amazing and probably the best live performance of it.

Her voice is the square peg and the set list choices are the round hole. I really wish she would become innovative and find different arrangements that would use her limited range in a flattering way that fits the material.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I have to say, Billy singing stop dragging is way better than waddy’s vocal.

OF COURSE landslide is a photo montage tribute to Christine. She did the same thing when her dad passed away…why would she possibly do anything different lmao.

Im afraid to hear her 2023 version of FFG…it was on the decline the last time she had it in her set. The Blockbuster awards performance was amazing and probably the best live performance of it.

Her voice is the square peg and the set list choices are the round hole. I really wish she would become innovative and find different arrangements that would use her limited range in a flattering way that fits the material.
Honestly not too bad for 2023: https://youtu.be/WKi37f0Sfh8
Old 03-12-2023, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even Billy's fans call this the dud of the night. Calling it the "bathroom break" and her voice adds nothing but an irritation to the song. Some things sound good on paper but execution fails. This maybe could have been a small theater performance but a large stadium it fails. Stevie used to be able to wrap her voice around anyone's. She cant do that anymore. But IMHO this is Billy's fault, not hers. Its his song and it was not meant for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIoebNGfls
Old 03-12-2023, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Even Billy's fans call this the dud of the night. Calling it the "bathroom break" and her voice adds nothing but an irritation to the song. Some things sound good on paper but execution fails. This maybe could have been a small theater performance but a large stadium it fails. Stevie used to be able to wrap her voice around anyone's. She cant do that anymore. But IMHO this is Billy's fault, not hers. Its his song and it was not meant for this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIoebNGfls
I don’t know how they decide these things but the same could be said for the awful version of Young Turks she did with Rod Stewart years ago. I’m sure it was a song of his that Stevie liked and maybe it sounded good on paper but it came off terrible. I don’t know what song of Billy’s would work - New York State of Mind maybe?
Old 03-12-2023, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I don’t know how they decide these things but the same could be said for the awful version of Young Turks she did with Rod Stewart years ago. I’m sure it was a song of his that Stevie liked and maybe it sounded good on paper but it came off terrible. I don’t know what song of Billy’s would work - New York State of Mind maybe?
I dont think Billy has duets in his catalog so I guess he tried to find something that worked. He should have been creative and done one of her songs with Stevie on back up or maybe done Leather and Lace. I think Billy on Kind of Woman would have been draw dropping with Stevie on backup.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It doesn’t work well because she doesn’t have any softness or elasticity left in her voice. It’s either zero or 100, nothing in between.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It doesn’t work well because she doesn’t have any softness or elasticity left in her voice. It’s either zero or 100, nothing in between.
That is so true…if only she would sing softer, she would sound so much better.
Than the strident almost tuneless voice she uses these days..it must be easier on her vocal chords too.
Old 03-12-2023, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its the perfect example of how cash grab concert promoters have no clue except filling seats. Let's put 2 big artists together in a stadium. Each artist does different kind of music but they can each share the stage for a song together.
Billy actually worked on SDMHA. But Stevie sounded like a cat trapped in a microwave during Billy's ballad. Its not her fault. Billy has no duets and tried to make her fit somewhere. It just does not work. Both look uncomfortable. While Billy was having fun during SDMHA he still had a look of unease. But at least he did walk on her stage unlike the douche Rod Stewart.
The worst part of all of this is all the great songs Stevie ignores on her tours and we get this instead. She does not have many tours left in her and we're still getting Free Falling and Petty tributes.
Sad
Poor Billy. It sort of reminds of that Laverne and Shirley episode where during the Shotz talent show they had to find something for the boss's son to do in someone else's act. Maybe We Didn't Start The Fire could have used some cowbell or something?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-12-2023 at 09:46 AM..
Old 03-12-2023, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its the perfect example of how cash grab concert promoters have no clue except filling seats. Let's put 2 big artists together in a stadium. Each artist does different kind of music but they can each share the stage for a song together.
Billy actually worked on SDMHA. But Stevie sounded like a cat trapped in a microwave during Billy's ballad. Its not her fault. Billy has no duets and tried to make her fit somewhere. It just does not work. Both look uncomfortable. While Billy was having fun during SDMHA he still had a look of unease. But at least he did walk on her stage unlike the douche Rod Stewart.
The worst part of all of this is all the great songs Stevie ignores on her tours and we get this instead. She does not have many tours left in her and we're still getting Free Falling and Petty tributes.
Sad
Poor Billy. It sort of reminds of that Laverne and Shirley episode where during the Shotz talent show they had to find something for the boss's son to do in someone else's act. Maybe We Didn't Start The Fire could have used some cowbell or something?
Agree with almost everything in this thread. I've boycotted the band since Lindsey's firing and felt so much anger about everything associated with them; nevertheless, I briefly considered going to this show in Philadelphia, but after seeing the clips, I definitely won't. From the yelling of the lyrics, half-assed job on Eo17, TIRED and boring setlist, lumbering around on-stage like you're scared you're going to break something, TP tribute, which at this point has become ghoulish, and overall malaise of the performance--hard pass. She looks uncomfortable and embarrassed to be working as an opening act, (I know--we're pretending it's not like that ), and the duet on Billy's song was downright painful to watch. Christine's passing has been so hard, and I'm still so angry with Stevie that I don't think any tribute to our beloved Christine would please me, but I found "Landslide" underwhelming and not right. Rant over. Sorry. I'll end with someone's very wise words of, "You've ruined the band of my life," and just leave it at that.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe the newest song in her setlist is 21 years old. I know Billy's is probably 30 years old but Billy's said for 25 years that he's done writing. Stevie always says she wants to make another album.

Hopefully at her Seattle show this week she'll add either a new single or at least Starshine and Belle Fleur. Heck even If You Were My Love and it's depressing flow.

For What It's Worth and Free Falling have no place in her set. I still am dumbfounded that she said Show Them The Way was her third best song and she never performed it.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I still am dumbfounded that she said Show Them The Way was her third best song and she never performed it.
Because even the queen of narcissism knows that is pure BS to say that and if she did play that droning pile of horse pucky it would immediately get launched to Siberia never to be heard from again before the next show. It’s not worth rehearsing it and prepping it for the set and she knows it.
Old 03-12-2023, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She does not have many tours left in her and we're still getting Free Falling and Petty tributes.
Sad
Tom died almost 5.5 years ago. She’s toured several times solo and with Fleetwood Mac during that time not to mention we all went through a freaking pandemic. I’m not saying get over it, but, also, get over it. It’s absolutely ridiculous that she’s still doing Free Falling and putting on such a spectacle about Petty. Flip the circumstances and you think Tom would be doing Edge of 17 in every one of his shows with a montage of Stevie playing on the screens?

She’s in the bonus years here and instead of digging into her own catalog of solo hits and album tracks not to mention Fleetwood Mac songs outside of the main 5, she remains stuck on duds like If Anyone Falls, boring cover songs, and lethargic versions of Gypsy and Rhiannon. Although from what I see, the people who go see her would be content to hear her read the 1992 yellow pages and wax poetic about 1968 San Francisco so I guess she knows her audience.