User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Mick has to be the worst business person ever. The band always bailed him out but it was never enough. More bad investments and the cycle repeats. He needs meet and greets with fans to stay afloat.

I am fascinated with the mid 90s with the band members. Mick was still touring and staying in seedy Best Western Hotels on the interstate. I get that because they were playing clubs back then.
Stevie was rich but sort of panicked. She saw her career over with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career flaming out. She was touring by bus. She was even afraid to cut a video for her first Street Angel video because she thought it was too much money to waste. Its the last time many of them thought about money. Post Dance changed everything.
Mick is blessed with an inverse Midas touch.
Everything he touches turns to…..

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-18-2023, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I get that touring is where the money is…..but if you have over 100 mill to your name, why would anyone feel the need to go chasing more money at that ages? Too much hard work.
Crafting some new music would be much more satisfying and relaxing for an old timer!!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I get that touring is where the money is…..but if you have over 100 mill to your name, why would anyone feel the need to go chasing more money at that ages? Too much hard work.
Crafting some new music would be much more satisfying and relaxing for an old timer!!!!
I've said that forever. Especially after 70. Why would anyone want to do that?

I almost "get it" for $tevie. I mean, she never got a real life of her own, so it's all she's got. But if you've got 3 kids and a 100M, what is your motivation for making another five million?
Old 12-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mick implied that in his book.
You and that darn book!

Yes in Lindsey's rage he let his sentiments come out.
Old 12-18-2023, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie chases the fame dragon. Her drug is walking on stage every night to a packed arena that loves to hear her tell the stories over and over. This is what she lives for. The money is definitely nice but she lives to be worshipped by her fans. Clearly she does not need the money but she sold her soul like most older rockers to the concert promoters. They pretty much tell her what to play these days. Not a coincidence IMHO that when her tour started earlier this year she played every single Fleetwood Mac single (except Seven Wonders). She has never done that on a tour before. She eventually dropped Sara when she flubbed it. But I can almost hear the concert promoters say "Fleetwood Mac is dead so we want you to do all your Fleetwood Mac hits."
Old 12-19-2023, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey and his wife have done quite a few large, lucrative real estate flips over the past 10+ years. I wouldn't be shocked if he came out on top.
Yes, Lindsey was always smart with his investments and such. And Stevie once said he gets producer money on all their records in addition to artist/songwriter money.

Also, Stevie wasn't so smart in the beginning... she gave away royalties or portions of the royalties to her songs to pals and boyfriends. In addition to giving royalties to Silver Springs to her mom, it has been reported (maybe someone else knows if true) that she for instance gave some portion of the royalties for Sara to Hernan, and similar with other songs... supposedly many of her biggest hits.. I can't imagine Howard Kaufman or Irving or anyone else who manages her (Google says it's currently Sheryl Louis who was partners with Howard but not sure) letting her do that now, but back then.... Google also claims Glen Parrish managed her for a time (??) which... yikes if true. So..... she could have screwed up her financials early on and that may have had some repercussions down the line. I recall her saying in the midst of her solo career that her dad was on tour with her at one point and told her she needed to run her operation better and eventually when she didn't she said he just left the tour.

Not saying she's broke or even close, but can see how between bad business sense (anyone recall her investing in a nightclub in Texas?), giving away song royalties, and supporting the Colombian cartels almost single-handedly (free coke to her entourage)....it makes sense Lindsey could well have more net worth than her.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Christine had had her way, she’d have done just that with the band, after 1998. I was always so pissed that, from the Dance onward, Mac put more emphasis on greatest hits tours than new music.

In several interviews over the years, including one of her last ones, she talks about always being game to do a studio project with the band. On her own, she needed some coaxing because she didn’t want to lead. Can you imagine at least one or two more Mac albums from the 2000s with all five of them, without the worry of touring?
Old 12-19-2023, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You and that darn book!
Sorry but it's the only book I got. Now if you want to give me his second book for Christmas, I have no problem with that. Fancy edition please .
Old 12-19-2023, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry but it's the only book I got. Now if you want to give me his second book for Christmas, I have no problem with that. Fancy edition please .
I appreciate your quotes from Mick's book. (I also laughed at Macfan4life's post)

This article is guff. Possibly generated with the help of AI?
I mean, Lindsey having 250 million? Divorced? Settlement? Successful solo career?

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-19-2023 at 08:35 AM..
Old 12-19-2023, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
This article is guff. Possibly generated with the help of AI?
I mean, Lindsey having 250 million? Divorced? Settlement? Successful solo career?
I don't know how reliable the article is. Some data makes no sense. It says Christine net worth is $105 M. But in 2018 she told Lindsey she had to continue with the band (after his firing) because she had just bought a house (or so I read). How much was that house?? Bigger and more expensive than Jennifer Anniston house that costs $21 M?? She was 75, did she need a house with pool, cascade and hanging gardens?
Old 12-19-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I don't know how reliable the article is. Some data makes no sense. It says Christine net worth is $105 M. But in 2018 she told Lindsey she had to continue with the band (after his firing) because she had just bought a house (or so I read). How much was that house?? Bigger and more expensive than Jennifer Anniston house that costs $21 M?? She was 75, did she need a house with pool, cascade and hanging gardens?
I deal with folks that have millions in net worth, but sometimes they run out of cash. She probably needed the tour check so she didn't have to fund her checking account to pay for the house (down payment) and furniture, etc.

Cash is king.
Old 12-19-2023, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've always thought that was just her excuse, because much as she loved and valued Lindsey, she definitely didn't want to leave the tour. She'd finally come back from those years of isolation and was happy in many areas of her life. I think the 'house' she mentioned was her huge London flat that she upgraded to after she sold her Kent house and other smaller London place. That was some prime real estate!!

--Lis
Old 12-19-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I've always thought that was just her excuse, because much as she loved and valued Lindsey, she definitely didn't want to leave the tour. She'd finally come back from those years of isolation and was happy in many areas of her life. I think the 'house' she mentioned was her huge London flat that she upgraded to after she sold her Kent house and other smaller London place. That was some prime real estate!!

--Lis
Exactly. That was the lamest excuse ever. She just sold her English estate for tens of millions more than she paid (I know she put millions into it). She was good with her money but it was the saddest part of Christine's legacy.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

--Lis
Agreed, and she really didn't have to explain herself. She just did come back after 15 years and that WAR between the two ego maniacs was not really her deal.

And we don't know what her checking looks like. She may have had funds tied up in escrow, etc. It's none of anyone's business. I'm glad she did reach out to him. Those two had chemistry in humor, music, and friendship. LB seemed to understand that she shouldn't have to give up millions of dollars and her career in an effort to constantly intervene between those two imbeciles.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-19-2023 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-19-2023, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Agreed, and she really didn't have to explain herself. She just did come back after 15 years and that WAR between the two ego maniacs was not really her deal.

And we don't know what her checking looks like. She may have had funds tied up in escrow, etc. It's none of anyone's business. I'm glad she did reach out to him. Those two had chemistry in humor, music, and friendship. LB seemed to understand that she shouldn't have to give up millions of dollars and her career in an effort to constantly intervene between those two imbeciles.
But she could have stopped it. She went along with Mick and Stevie and then justified her "inaction" by saying she just bought a house? She made probably at least 7 million from the OWTS tour (after taxes). She probably made over 10 million on her profit of the sale of her estate. She was always making Rumours royalties and was always good with her money. She did not need to say "sweet little lies" claiming she had no money and needed to go along with the sinister plan to fire Lindsey. That along with keeping Bob out of the RRHOF are her low points. But they have one thing in common....backing Mick.
When she said that, I first interpreted it to mean she just bought a house and was too busy to partake in the discussions. But that is not what she meant. She had to have been briefed and agreed to go along or not protest Stevie's wishes. I bet she would back Mick over any money amount she would have made on that 2018 tour. Chris was one of the wealthiest rockers who retired with the good life. If anyone believes that Christine F***ing McVie needed money in 2018, I want to sell you one of Stevie's platinum Street Angel records.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-19-2023 at 12:58 PM..