User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I'd say there was maybe more hurt on John's end, rather than animosity...? IMO he seemed hurt by how stevie had sort of turned on them and removed herself in her anger at Mick.

Weston seemed a bit peeved that Mick wouldn't take his call and hear the nice things he was gonna say about his book...and Welch was just giving his take on how he'd felt throughout his time in the band, which at times seemed frustrating.

It was a really good documentary though...

--Lis
Yeah, I didn't see much animosity coming from John. What I saw was a complete dismissal of bulls**t. He was keeping it real but also too tired or bored with Stevie's antics to do more than wave his hand at it.
Old 11-01-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
....eyes don't really change if you lose weight lol.

--Lis
Now you tell me.
Old 11-04-2023, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised at how many of these I haven't seen! Thanks to the person who posted the link to the Going Home documentary.

In trying to search for the Fleetwood Mac at 21 documentary (does anyone have that??), I did manage to find a whole other documentary I had never seen. It's about Fleetwood Mac but told with Mick as the protagonist, called Two Sticks and a Drum, from 2001. It's really well done. It includes new interviews with bunches of people and certainly isn't just about Mick, but the unique perspective allows for interesting stuff that you wouldn't get from a more even-handed approach.

You may have seen it before with about 15 minutes cut out, because there is another upload of it to youtube that has a lot of views, but which has been hacked up with parts removed. The version I linked to is the complete version, it appears.
Old 11-06-2023, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac at 21 was a wonderful BBC documentary, made when Lindsey had just left the band. It seemed really raw for Stevie - I remember her saying something like 'As far as Lindsey and I are concerned, there's just nothing left to say'... Well, that wasn't exactly true, was it? Christine says 'I don't know what's going on with those two'.

It had an interesting audio interview with Peter Green, accompanied with photos of him with very long fingernails, and one with Lindsey with his Eraserhead hair, sitting at his studio desk, talking about his solo album and pretending to listen to the guitar solo from Big Love.

I'd just got massively into Tango the previous year, and it was very dismaying to watch this great documentary telling me that this amazing band I'd just discovered had basically broken up!
Old 11-07-2023, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I've not seen that one, but you might be confusing it with the 1995 Rock Family Trees edition. Here's John's reaction to Stevie "filtering herself out"

https://youtu.be/Cw-5yiZYzgc?si=IZiSMk96dK0Bs4Oc&t=2660
I had seen parts of that doc in the past. Yesterday was first time I watched completely. I discovered that "family tree" that they show is the same it's included in the Save Me CD single, that I bought in the 90s because it included the Everywhere and Anoter Woman live versions from the Tango concert.

What I had already seen what the segment where Stevie talks about... that day. August 7, 1987. Probably somebody posted it here in the past, I can't remember.

Watching it again, my thoughts are that though Stevie may be not completely accurate about what happened between she and Lindsey, John seems very sincere when he said They goy ugly, physically ugly. And there must have been a reason for him to tell Lindsey Why don't just leave? (the room).

Now if that episode was that extreme (she mentions the word "kill"), it's hard to believe someone can get over it and invite that person few years later to record a song (like Twisted). And the other person accepted. So the story is exaggerated or Mr. Money is more important, as usual. But again, something really ugly happened that day. I do believe John.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (84.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-07-2023, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Mick would not take a phone call from Bob Weston in the mid 90s to compliment him on his book. Good grief!

Mick's second book IMHO was purely written as an apology session for those he wronged over his life. His praise of Bob Welch and Bob Weston were particularly high. But when they were alive he kicked them to the curb.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Mick would not take a phone call from Bob Weston in the mid 90s to compliment him on his book. Good grief!

Mick's second book IMHO was purely written as an apology session for those he wronged over his life. His praise of Bob Welch and Bob Weston were particularly high. But when they were alive he kicked them to the curb.
Because that meant $$$. And the Welch era started to really sell because of all the hoopla. People wanted their collections complete. I'm always impressed when people have Welch era albums in their collection. I recently met a guy that had those and Bob's solo albums, too.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Because that meant $$$. And the Welch era started to really sell because of all the hoopla. People wanted their collections complete. I'm always impressed when people have Welch era albums in their collection. I recently met a guy that had those and Bob's solo albums, too.
I am glad that documentary documented Bob Weston's account about that phone call. I seem to recall they did eventually make amends? Does anyone remember? I think I remember him apologizing to Weston in his second book. But I think Weston was dead by then? Mick is such a d*ck to people. He was even that way with Stevie when she was not touring with them but wanted Silver Springs. He is so small and petty. But he is also so small and petty if it means something big for him. For example he had no problem firing Lindsey to make more money. He comes across as such a warm and likalbe guy in interviews. But he sure holds a grudge and will do whatever he can to wrong you if it costs him one cent.
But what do you expect from someone that sells their RRHOF award for petty cash.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick is such a d*ck to people. He was even that way with Stevie when she was not touring with them but wanted Silver Springs. .
I have read in many sources that Mick didn't let her to include Silver Springs in Timespace, and that was the last straw for Stevie. She left Fleetwood Mac then.

But I read once that it was not necessarily Mick, but Warner Bros Records who didn't let her include Silver Springs, and that Mick actually couldn't do anything to help her. I don't know if this may be true.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I am glad that documentary documented Bob Weston's account about that phone call. I seem to recall they did eventually make amends? Does anyone remember? I think I remember him apologizing to Weston in his second book. But I think Weston was dead by then? Mick is such a d*ck to people. He was even that way with Stevie when she was not touring with them but wanted Silver Springs. He is so small and petty. But he is also so small and petty if it means something big for him. For example he had no problem firing Lindsey to make more money. He comes across as such a warm and likalbe guy in interviews. But he sure holds a grudge and will do whatever he can to wrong you if it costs him one cent.
But what do you expect from someone that sells their RRHOF award for petty cash.
Mick was Stevie's best friend in the whole world.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have read in many sources that Mick didn't let her to include Silver Springs in Timespace, and that was the last straw for Stevie. She left Fleetwood Mac then.

But I read once that it was not necessarily Mick, but Warner Bros Records who didn't let her include Silver Springs, and that Mick actually couldn't do anything to help her. I don't know if this may be true.
Stevie has said that herself. Watch her Timespace interviews on Youtube where she says just that. I left the band officially over not getting Mick's approval for Silver Springs. My point though is not to rehash that debate: could Mick do this or was it Warner? It's Mick's pettiness. Even if he could not officially give permission (lets pretend), you would think he would say..... yes! You stayed with this band when everyone told you to quit and you made me lots of money. But no. Its always pettiness of Silver Springs, Bob Welch royalties, or not taking a phone call 20 years after Weston had an affair with his wife he divorced many years earlier. You can connect the dots from these petty actions to the firing of Lindsey. When he is sulking and out of money he will be petty and greedy.