The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2023, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Mr Scarrott;1288184]That's lower than I might have expecte for the UK. Rumours itself is on its mind-boggling 1010th week on the chart at #22. The 50 years- Don't Stop compilation is up to #7 after 252 weeks. I'm pleased that the casual fan might be hearing some of those 9 tracks from KH to HAHTF that are on the 3 disc edition for the first time, even if Why is absent. It annoys me that the final configuation of the band couldn't be bothered to record a single track for it, just for the sake of completeness. That says it all, really.[/QUOTE]

You’d think they would’ve at least released a live track of one of their uncovered gems - Black Magic Woman, Don’t Dream It’s Over, or the likely choice - Free Fallin’?
Old 09-22-2023, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
You’d think they would’ve at least released a live track of one of their uncovered gems - Black Magic Woman, Don’t Dream It’s Over, or the likely choice - Free Fallin’?
I can't tell if you're being ironic there, mate.

Amidst the undignified money-grabbing mess that was most of the band's final act, my one hope was that Christine and Neil could conjure up a bit of magic together. And no, Find your way home doesn't count.
Old 09-22-2023, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I can't tell if you're being ironic there, mate.

Amidst the undignified money-grabbing mess that was most of the band's final act, my one hope was that Christine and Neil could conjure up a bit of magic together. And no, Find your way home doesn't count.
Oh yes, extreme sarcasm! But also if they were so proud of that your, and it was now Christine’s final, why aren’t they releasing a live album from it?? At least have something with the bands name on it released that includes their 2018-19 members
Old 09-22-2023, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's absolutely mind boggling that they didn't release anything from the 2014/2015 tour as well. It's also crazy that The Dance was very quietly re-released on vinyl a few years ago and they missed a huge opportunity to do a deluxe box set. They could have done a 3-4 LP set with all of the tracks from the film that were not included in the CD release etc. It's odd that they would invest in taking all of the previously released outtakes to create the "Alternate" album series yet do the bare minimum for The Dance.
Old 11-16-2023, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

After 69 days from the release date, I just bought this album. With all concert songs I got from live albums, deluxe and expanded editions, some bootlegs, demos shared from ledgie fellows in the past, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy another set of live songs. So I waited to read several reviews here, to be sure it is worth it to get one more collection of live performances.

Oh yes, it is. I'm listening this album all morning over and over again.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
After 69 days from the release date, I just bought this album. With all concert songs I got from live albums, deluxe and expanded editions, some bootlegs, demos shared from ledgie fellows in the past, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy another set of live songs. So I waited to read several reviews here, to be sure it is worth it to get one more collection of live performances.

Gives you a real feeling of the natural narrative arc of a show, where the band ebbs and flows to match the audience enthusiasm. There’s lots to be said for single-concert CDs rather than compilation discs. I may have been happier with the tight compression of a soundboard, without crowd noise and mic “bleed,” but this is fine.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-16-2023, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post

I just listened a few days ago, (again). I love this live work. It's fantastic.