Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2023, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick concert for Lahaina

LŌKAHI: A Celebration of Maui at the MACC

https://twitter.com/i/status/1737879782493221380

I did a double-take at the guy on the far left of the screen.... initially thought "Is that John??"
Old 12-21-2023, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope they don't allow him anywhere near the money raised.
Old 12-21-2023, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope they don't allow him anywhere near the money raised.
Well there will be Admin fees, venue fees, marketing fees, Mr Fleetwood’s wardrobe fees, event planning fees, catering fees…etc etc etc
Old 12-21-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Well there will be Admin fees, venue fees, marketing fees, Mr Fleetwood’s wardrobe fees, event planning fees, catering fees…etc etc etc
He's such a LOSER.
Old 12-21-2023, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
If that grifter uses the tragic natural disaster that took place in Hawaii as an opportunity for personal profit to line his pockets - I will lose all respect for him.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:13 PM

I thought that was John McVie, too!!
Old 12-21-2023, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
If that grifter uses the tragic natural disaster that took place in Hawaii as an opportunity for personal profit to line his pockets - I will lose all respect for him.
How could you have not lost all respect for him already? He's a pathetic loser.
Old 12-21-2023, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
How could you have not lost all respect for him already? He's a pathetic loser.
He has made some very bad business decision’s over the years and definitely the drugs probably fueled a lot of it. I met him in 1996 and he is a really nice person and I enjoyed the time I had with him.
Old 12-22-2023, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
He has made some very bad business decision’s over the years and definitely the drugs probably fueled a lot of it.
I agree. Though his changes of opinions for convenience (like when he talked about Lindsey just after he was fired) shows how jerk he has become.

But if I want to see the lighter side of his constant need for money, thanks to him we got all those deluxe edition that included alternate versions, live recordings, demos, etc. I enjoyed a lot all that unknown material.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
But if I want to see the lighter side of his constant need for money, thanks to him we got all those deluxe edition that included alternate versions, live recordings, demos, etc. I enjoyed a lot all that unknown material.
Great point! Those Deluxe Editions are a must have for big fans. I’m thankful for them. Having said that, I don’t know how much of these rereleases are due to Mick. I’m sure he’s in favor of them, but Lindsey seems to consistently be the one commenting on the liner notes, as well as Christine and Stevie. And of course, we all know the record company is ultimately the one who makes these decisions. I think the label wants the rereleases of the big albums, but Mick probably would be the one who fights for the lesser known albums to get the same treatment as well, such as the pre-Buckingham Nicks material and the Live album. My hope is that Mick will convince the label to give Behind the Mask the same treatment at some point as well.

In regards to other people accusing Mick of shady dealings with this concert fundraiser, I’m confused- there’s a difference between being a poor business man and stealing money. Why are people all of a sudden saying this? Misguided anger because he fired Lindsey?
Old 12-22-2023, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Great point! Those Deluxe Editions are a must have for big fans. I’m thankful for them. Having said that, I don’t know how much of these rereleases are due to Mick. I’m sure he’s in favor of them, but Lindsey seems to consistently be the one commenting on the liner notes, as well as Christine and Stevie. And of course, we all know the record company is ultimately the one who makes these decisions. I think the label wants the rereleases of the big albums, but Mick probably would be the one who fights for the lesser known albums to get the same treatment as well, such as the pre-Buckingham Nicks material and the Live album. My hope is that Mick will convince the label to give Behind the Mask the same treatment at some point as well.

In regards to other people accusing Mick of shady dealings with this concert fundraiser, I’m confused- there’s a difference between being a poor business man and stealing money. Why are people all of a sudden saying this? Misguided anger because he fired Lindsey?
You are right. I thought immediately in Mick because of his constant need for money and various investments (restaurant, wine, coffee, books, dvd bio). But it's just a paradigm I got it over time. Plus in 1980 he already want to release a kind of Greates Hits which became the Live album. He was the only one who want it.

It was not a popular decision. Both John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham thought it was a negative move, but I always bought Greatest Hits albums myself, and I strongly felt there had to be a live document of the band at this point

But that was 1980. Now in this century the other members yes they could want the re releases too.

I don't think Mick steals money. If that were true he would be in jail long ago (he wouldn't be a very smart thief ). I just think he always look for the opportunity to earn money or simply appear in the media to advertise himself.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:50 AM

I love Mick Fleetwood. He's kept Fleetwood Mac going for many years, (Probably beyond any expected length of time that I would have thought).

He's raising money for Hawaii (Maui) residents, who were absolutely obliterated property wise and many lost their lives. That fire was no joke. It affected me deeply when I saw people jumping in the ocean to save themselves.

He's done a lot of bad decision making, (letting $tevie run his band) was the biggest. She destroyed the legacy.
But, Mick's heart has always been about Fleetwood Mac. He also, brought Christine back. I'll always admire his goodness.
Old 12-22-2023, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m confused- there’s a difference between being a poor business man and stealing money. Why are people all of a sudden saying this? Misguided anger because he fired Lindsey?
I think the hypothesized conjecture is that, given his history (such as running FM financially into the ground due to not keeping a check on extraneous expenditures, a fan club that left fans feeling fleeced, and his overpriced meet n greets (weren't they upwards of USD 600?)), one might not be entirely unsurprised if it came to light that the entirety of the donated proceeds had not been funneled directly to the cause at issue.

"When the money keeps rolling in you don't keep books
"You can tell you've done well by the happy and grateful looks"
Evita
Old 12-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sad Santa Mick photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1M7XVkO...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Caption:
mickfleetwoodofficial

August 8, 2023 was a painful day for so many. Our hearts continue to go out to all our families and friends who lost lives, homes, cars, and businesses. Healing is a long process and we ask that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers this holiday season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C04WyAlO...RlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1KaE...RlODBiNWFlZA==

.....annnd.... You knew he couldn't miss an opportunity to merch as well:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C01-WNqA..._web_copy_link

Caption:
mickfleetwoodofficial
Don’t forget to get Mick Fleetwood Coffee as the perfect holiday gift this season! ��All gift sets come with a signed card from yours truly. Visit mickfleetwoodcoffee.com ☕️

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-23-2023 at 07:43 PM..
Old 12-25-2023, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For Maui ❤️ Listen to "Lahaina" here: https://rhino.lnk.to/lahaina

Read more: https://sctyrck.us/doobiemickfleetwood

https://x.com/MickFleetwood/status/1...605940884?s=20