Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2023, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
By the 2013 and 2015 tours, pre-recorded backing tracks were being used in most live concerts by classic rock acts.

Those live versions of "Sisters of the Moon" were basically Stevie doing karaoke to a pre-recorded track. This is a perfect example of how pre-recorded backing tracks have ruined the live music industry. No spontaneity.
I dont think Sisters OWTS had any pre-recorded vocal tracks. Stevie stayed in her lane and gave a very muted performance. It could have used some pre-recorded tracks. Maybe the backing vocals were piped in but we are not used to a flat sisters but that is what we got.
Old 10-29-2023, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
It's certainly possible that there are certain songs that would surprisingly translate well live, but at this current juncture, that list is dwindling given that Lindsey's and Stevie's voices are deteriorating in quality. The studio version of "Sisters of the Moon" is terrific and the live versions found on the Tusk and Mirage tour are almost as good, but the quality absolutely tanked by the 2013 tour and On With the Show.

I don't understand why Fleetwood Mac kept "Blue Letter" in their live set up until 1990. In my opinion, that was a wasted slot.
That is very true and unfortunate about their voices. They’ve certainly performed very well for a very long time, considering everything.

As for why they kept Blue Letter in the set for so long, well I have a few theories. First, it sounds like a FM song, musically and lyrically. I always assumed Lindsey wrote it when I first heard it. Second, I suspect they all liked performing it. Third, it’s a quick song, basically 3 and a half minutes long. Fourth, it showcases each of them at their best- the harmonies, the guitar, the bass, the drums. Fifth, it’s such a sing-a-long. Frankly, I was surprised Neil didn’t sing it in 2018-2019.
Old 10-29-2023, 02:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
As for why they kept Blue Letter in the set for so long, well I have a few theories. First, it sounds like a FM song, musically and lyrically. I always assumed Lindsey wrote it when I first heard it. Second, I suspect they all liked performing it. Third, it’s a quick song, basically 3 and a half minutes long. Fourth, it showcases each of them at their best- the harmonies, the guitar, the bass, the drums. Fifth, it’s such a sing-a-long. Frankly, I was surprised Neil didn’t sing it in 2018-2019.
I believe they only played the song once on their 2018-19 tour. They actually did a decent job with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_seOMHgUY
Old 10-29-2023, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I dont think Sisters OWTS had any pre-recorded vocal tracks. Stevie stayed in her lane and gave a very muted performance. It could have used some pre-recorded tracks. Maybe the backing vocals were piped in but we are not used to a flat sisters but that is what we got.
Sisters was the only point on the 2015 tour that I felt my attention wandering slightly. I seem to recall the applause was somewhat muted, but I might be wrong.I really wish Stevie had chosen Sara instead, but I kind of understand why she didn't.
Old 10-29-2023, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Sisters was the only point on the 2015 tour that I felt my attention wandering slightly. I seem to recall the applause was somewhat muted, but I might be wrong.I really wish Stevie had chosen Sara instead, but I kind of understand why she didn't.
I agree. At one of the shows there was literally no applause. It was weird and I could almost feel Stevie's concern. Hardcore fans know the song and its wonderful but they made a pit bull of a song and turned it into a mouse. No rock out at the end either. YES YES YES, Sara would have been better. However I do give them credit for going into the vault and doing a fan favorite. It just did not go over well at all.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Raspberry Beret (Stevie tribute to Prince)
If I watched a Stevie tribute to Prince, I'd like her to sing Purple Rain.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
If I watched a Stevie tribute to Prince, I'd like her to sing Purple Rain.
How about a mash up of Edge of Seventeen and When Doves Cry?! LOL
Old 10-29-2023, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
How about a mash up of Edge of Seventeen and When Doves Cry?! LOL
That would overcome Private Dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMGv9RXRRaE
Old 10-30-2023, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree. At one of the shows there was literally no applause. It was weird and I could almost feel Stevie's concern. Hardcore fans know the song and its wonderful but they made a pit bull of a song and turned it into a mouse. No rock out at the end either. YES YES YES, Sara would have been better. However I do give them credit for going into the vault and doing a fan favorite. It just did not go over well at all.
I don’t even think the 2013-15 Sisters of the Moon was that bad. The arrangement musically stuck close to the recorded version which is exactly what I’d expect from this band at that point in time. Stevie’s choices vocally were definitely bland but so are most of her vocals in the last 20 years. I thought the repetitive “sister…sister…sister” was lame and the lack of the arrangement fans familiar with the song’s live performances on the Tusk and Mirage Tours was an expected letdown. If anyone thought this song was being resurrected 30+ years later and would remotely resemble the Mirage Tour Video performance, they were being delusional.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I believe they only played the song once on their 2018-19 tour. They actually did a decent job with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6_seOMHgUY
Similar to Hypnotized. It was trotted out then quickly put back in the closet. Neil actually sounded good singing it from what I heard. It fit his voice much better than a lot of Buckingham stuff he tried (GYOW was an abomination). But this band can’t help itself and just always eliminates songs that aren’t the same basic Greatest Hits Plus package.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Its placement in the setlist was always bothersome. Sisters was almost by design supposed to be a showstopper live. The encore song that brought the house down before closing the show. They perfected that during 1979-82. Plopping it dead center and then playing a muted version that forgot to rock out did not help it. Again, I personally didn’t find it offensive and was glad it came back in 2013, but I thought it was unnecessary to remain in the set during the 2014 show I saw.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I won't think about a worst setlist. I will think about the worst outfits or looks for a last show (that now obviously won't happen)

Lindsey wearing Mick's typical costume (balls included)
Mick wearing Lindsey's "Miami Vice" Tusk suit, but pink.
John with Stevie's top hat.
Christine with a 80s B'52 haircut
Stevie wearing the yellow Breaking Bad overol