Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Top 12 March 83

OK I've finally got the damn CD back and here's the link

http://www.yousendit.com/download/cj8rO8424oA%3D

It's a big file so be patient.

Towards the end (I think when she's talking about Randy Newman) it goes a bit weird and disappears for few seconds. Don't worry it comes back.

Enjoy!

Gail

PS I got a bit of a bonus when the package arrived today. There was another CD in with it. It looks like there was another interview on the other side of the tape (which I had no idea about) it'san interview with Mick and Chris just after Tango came out. I'll post it on the Rumours board some time over the weekend. It's not very interesting. Mick's answers take so long you foget what the question was!

Last edited by Gailh; 11-17-2006 at 02:42 PM..
Old 11-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ahh the excitement! i can't wait to finish work and listen to this. thank you SO much gail for posting it!!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
OK I've finally got the damn CD back and here's the link

http://www.yousendit.com/download/cj8rO8424oA%3D

It's a big file so be patient.

Towards the end (I think when she's talking about Randy Newman) it goes a bit weird and disappears for few seconds. Don't worry it comes back.

Enjoy!

Gail

PS I got a bit of a bonus when the package arrived today. There was another CD in with it. It looks like there was another interview on the other side of the tape (which I had no idea about) it'san interview with Mick and Chris just after Tango came out. I'll post it on the Rumours board some time over the weekend. It's not very interesting. Mick's answers take so long you foget what the question was!
Gail, I'm having trouble with the YouSendIt link. When I right click the link, it says it's an HTML document. That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you have the right link? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm looking forward to hearing this interview. I actually thought about this today, but I didn't want to bug you about it again. Also looking forward to the Tango interview as well, even though Mick talks too long.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It worked just fine for me, Mary Anne.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It worked just fine for me, Mary Anne.
me too.

you shouldn't have to right-click anything ... just click the link gail posted, and then click the link on the page that comes up. then click "download now" and a dialogue box should pop up asking you if you want to save it or open it right away.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I think it's working. It's downloading the file right now. I think I was right clicking the link on the second page instead of waiting for the download now page. It's been a while since I downloaded anything myself from YouSendIt.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Gail! I'm downloading it right now. Can't wait to listen!
Old 11-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, Gail. I've burned the interview to CD & I'm listening to it right now. It sounds great! I love hearing Chris talk about other musicians. The songs are great too.

Thanks for taking the time & money to get your tape transferred to CD. I'm looking forward to hearing the bonus Tango interview.

Last edited by macfan 57; 11-18-2006 at 06:45 AM..
Old 11-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had a chance to listen to this interview a few times now. Chris seems so relaxed & laid back & very, very funny at times. I like the Everly Brothers story especially. It sounds like she was hiding out in the men's room waiting to meet them.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I've had a chance to listen to this interview a few times now. Chris seems so relaxed & laid back & very, very funny at times. I like the Everly Brothers story especially. It sounds like she was hiding out in the men's room waiting to meet them.
I think the hiding in the loo story was how we got into this whole transferring on to CD business!

She is very relaxed on the interview even the interviwer is a bit of a prat.

One thing he says which really gets up my nose (I am probably being over sensitive) is when he says "it's true to say we're in a business which is very hard to get away from" we're in a business. As if he's comparing himself to her. He should be on his knees chanting over and over again "I am not worthy"

Gail
Old 11-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

One thing he says which really gets up my nose (I am probably being over sensitive) is when he says "it's true to say we're in a business which is very hard to get away from" we're in a business. As if he's comparing himself to her. He should be on his knees chanting over and over again "I am not worthy"

Gail
He did seem pretty familiar with her, although I'm sure she didn't actually know him. I kind of liked him though. He got her to talk about some things that I'd never heard her talk about before. The American Express card joke was pretty funny too, by the way.

Gail, by any chance do you have a date for that Tango interview? It sounds like it was before Lindsey left the band. And, were both of these interviews on the BBC?
Old 11-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, Gail! I can't wait to listen to it, especially after reading about this Everly Brothers/bathroom thing.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
He did seem pretty familiar with her, although I'm sure she didn't actually know him. I kind of liked him though. He got her to talk about some things that I'd never heard her talk about before. The American Express card joke was pretty funny too, by the way.

Gail, by any chance do you have a date for that Tango interview? It sounds like it was before Lindsey left the band. And, were both of these interviews on the BBC?
The My Top 12 was definately BBC Radio 1. No advertising on the BBC.

The Tango interview sounds like it was with a local radion station (the ads were local to Southampton) I'm sorry I don't have a date for it but it sounds like it was just after the album was released but before Lindsey left. 1987 I'd say but which month I couldn't say

Gail
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The My Top 12 was definately BBC Radio 1. No advertising on the BBC.

The Tango interview sounds like it was with a local radion station (the ads were local to Southampton) I'm sorry I don't have a date for it but it sounds like it was just after the album was released but before Lindsey left. 1987 I'd say but which month I couldn't say

Gail
Thanks for the info. I try to have as accurate info as possible when I label my CDs.