Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default NYC Town Hall VIP Ticket for Sale

Dear all: I have a VIP ticket for Town Hall that I will not be able to use. I am hoping to sell it for what I paid: $335. It’s in Row A, and it comes with the signed memorabilia and sound check access.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:25 AM
sue
This message has been deleted by sue. Reason: Wrong place
Old 09-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

question for anyone who has gone to a show....I have sound check access for Thursday night in NY. What time do we need to arrive for that? Ticket just says 8pm, but I wasn't sure that was start time for the show, or sound check?
Thank you!!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
question for anyone who has gone to a show....I have sound check access for Thursday night in NY. What time do we need to arrive for that? Ticket just says 8pm, but I wasn't sure that was start time for the show, or sound check?
Thank you!!
you will get an email from the promotor running the soundcheck, usually a day before the show. soundcheck check-ins have been starting anywhere from 4pm through 5:30pm, seems they settled around 4:30-5pm now. that's when they start letting the line in, checking tickets and giving out the merch that comes with VIP. since there is 50-100 people in line for soundcheck you can be a bit late (i think 4:30pm is really early). then they let everyone in the theater and Lindsey and the band come out, do some banter and 3 songs. after that you can leave and come back for the opener at 8. Lindsey usually start around 9 and goes through 11pm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2021, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you will get an email from the promotor running the soundcheck, usually a day before the show. soundcheck check-ins have been starting anywhere from 4pm through 5:30pm, seems they settled around 4:30-5pm now. that's when they start letting the line in, checking tickets and giving out the merch that comes with VIP. since there is 50-100 people in line for soundcheck you can be a bit late (i think 4:30pm is really early). then they let everyone in the theater and Lindsey and the band come out, do some banter and 3 songs. after that you can leave and come back for the opener at 8. Lindsey usually start around 9 and goes through 11pm.
Thanks Elle---will report back here Friday morning!!
Old 09-15-2021, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a row D ticket I accidentally bought but can’t even seem to give it away.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default If anyone is still looking

My ticket is sold but I just saw someone selling a ticket on the LB FB group Real Savage Like and it's a VIP seat. Have fun whoever is going!
Old 09-16-2021, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Thanks Elle---will report back here Friday morning!!
Just home from an amazing night. Hit the sound check and he, IMO, sounded better than he did in 2018. And that was just the sound check.
Show started at 8:45 and he just killed it. Even the "quieter" songs captured the theatre, imo. He was funny, engaging, and really seamed to be in his element.
He mentioned Will being there, and I did actually see him. I was rather certain I saw Kristen at the sound check, but he didn't mention her being there, nor did I see her at the actual show. Will was 100% there.
All in all--an amazing night. He sounds SPECTACULAR... and I am tempted to go to AC this weekend.

ENJOY!
Old 09-24-2021, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

https://www.theaquarian.com/2021/09/...ember-16-2021/

Lindsey Buckingham at Town Hall / September 16, 2021

Glyn Emmerson September 22, 2021 Concerts, Reviews

Lindsey Buckingham busted through his 20-song set at New York City’s Town Hall like he had something to prove. Taking on the naysayers, some well publicized bouts with his Fleetwood Mac playmates, a life-threatening illness, and a new album (Lindsey Buckingham that sat in the can for three years), he worked the stage with the confidence and swagger of a guitar slinging axeman shooting from the hip and out for redemption.

Dressed in a black blazer and blue jeans he looked like a SoCal lounge lizard with some serious downtown scores to settle. With a four-piece backup band in tow, they morphed Buckingham’s angular guitars and cathartic howl onto the mantle of the avant-garde on the non-Fleetwood Mac numbers, delighting all with some tasty sounding power pop. On the Mac numbers, he added just enough grit to keep them edgy and fresh.

Multi-instrumentalist Brett Toggle and guitarist Neale Heywood were the foils to Buckingham’s blistering solos. Drummer Jimmy Paxson laid down the solid rhythms adding some funky beats throughout the bands polished noise that took on the rattled quirkiness of his days in Fleetwood Mac and the delirious melodies of some of Brian Wilson’s solo works.

Opening with “Not Too Late,” he set the pace with his punchy fingerpicking and by the third one, “Soul Drifter” from Out of the Cradle, as well as “I Must Go” from the 1984 album Go Insane, things got personal as the show took on Buckingham’s demons from the past and present.

An acoustic mini set followed the first round of rockers including “Trouble” and Fleetwood Mac’s “Never Going Back Again” that went from a whisper to a roar as Buckingham picked his Taylor guitar (with a Capo on the 2nd fret for all you guitar freaks out there) like an old time folkie. “Big Love” was a turbo charged strum-athon of pulsating rhythms, climatic release, and a loud ass “O Yea!” that was the guitarists’ battle cry throughout the night as he blasted through yet another six-stringed showdown.

Some new ones followed, too, including “Scream” and “I Don’t Mind” that were mini power pop overtures lacking any big guitars, but still felt classic Buckingham. The junglelike beats of his former band’s hit “Tusk” jumpstarted the grand finale as Buckingham moved about the stage in circles like a man on a mission to rock. “I’m So Afraid,” from the first Fleetwood Mac album Buckingham played on, was a bluesy shoutout to the memories of Jimi Hendrix and ex-Mac guitarist Peter Green as he ramped up and then wailed through twelve-bar blues while stalking the lip of the stage and staring down the crowd like a psychedelic shaman.

“Go Your Own Way” ended the set with standing room only for some well-deserved boogie time. Buckingham paced stage left (and then right) for the final chorus, teasing and then offering up his guitar to fans for a strum, and thanking the crowd for its support.

At the encore he introduced the band proudly stating his adoration for each member and their “lack of politics and concise vision.” Acknowledging the past few years’ difficulties and it’s “convoluted road to get here,” Buckingham and friends ended it all with the acoustic encores of “Love is Here to Stay” and “Time.” These two took things down quietly and ending a glorious night from the former Mac rocker.

Photo by Glyn Emmerson
Setlist
Not Too Late
In Our Own Time
Soul Drifter
Stars Are Crazy
I Must Go
Doing What I Can
Shut Us Down
Trouble
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
Scream
I Don’t Mind
On the Wrong
Swan Song
Second Hand News
Tusk
I’m So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
Encore
Love Is Here to Stay
Time

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2021, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice review. Has Lindsey done any other songs at his soundcheck?
Wonder if he'll do other songs now that the album's out.
I'm surprised he's not doing more from Cradle!
Old 09-24-2021, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Nice review. Has Lindsey done any other songs at his soundcheck?
Wonder if he'll do other songs now that the album's out.
I'm surprised he's not doing more from Cradle!
as far as i know, he only did Rock Away Blind outro in Reading, and said that we were calling for it the night before, in Atlantic City, before Trouble (since the same guitar / open tuning), so here is a bit. unfortunately, although several people reported it, nobody voice memo-ed it so we have no recording. it was only the second time ever that he did Rock Away Blind outro in front of live audience. it felt like that recording of Red Rover soundcheck form 2006 that's been flowing around, full and amazing sound. it was great to be there!

he also did a bit of Big Love guitar part at the soundcheck in Atlanta on Wed. tonight they are in Knoxville, so we will hear what happened!

also after NYC, GYOW strumming is back!

Old 09-24-2021, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
as far as i know, he only did Rock Away Blind outro in Reading, and said that we were calling for it the night before, in Atlantic City, before Trouble (since the same guitar / open tuning), so here is a bit. unfortunately, although several people reported it, nobody voice memo-ed it so we have no recording. it was only the second time ever that he did Rock Away Blind outro in front of live audience. it felt like that recording of Red Rover soundcheck form 2006 that's been flowing around, full and amazing sound. it was great to be there!

he also did a bit of Big Love guitar part at the soundcheck in Atlanta on Wed. tonight they are in Knoxville, so we will hear what happened!

also after NYC, GYOW strumming is back!
Wow, strumming's back!.. Life after lockdown!

Rock Away Blind would be great. Perhaps Santa Rosa will be added come December!