User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I don't think he should wait. I think he should just release it and continue performing for his fan base from his music room. There will be no magic pill stopping this virus in 2021. It will still be too soon for audiences to gather together in crowds for concerts, IMO.
I totally agree. By the time the pandemic is over, he will have had time to craft another set of songs. I want to hear the 'Lindsey Buckingham' songs sooner than vaguely off in the future sometime.
Old 08-11-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I totally agree. By the time the pandemic is over, he will have had time to craft another set of songs. I want to hear the 'Lindsey Buckingham' songs sooner than vaguely off in the future sometime.
Hmmm.. You and Viv changed my mind on this. I want to hear it ASAP!! You're both right.. shelf life...
Old 08-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He should release this album NOW. He can do more online promoting and tour later. If anybody should realize time is a ticking.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first thought was also of Fleetwood Mac eponymous, but then... I thought that Linds' last album was titled

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

Anyway, super excited!!! Wish it were here now. I think his release plan is short-sighted actually.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
My first thought was also of Fleetwood Mac eponymous, but then... I thought that Linds' last album was titled

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

Anyway, super excited!!! Wish it were here now. I think his release plan is short-sighted actually.
oh completely agree. it's lazy and it's the same as EVERYBODY else under the sun is doing. almost everyone is holding their releases back and waiting for the tail end of pandemic to release and then tour. releasing a bit early and having some creative marketing and online promotion would be much better. but he's never been good in marketing himself, and we cannot expect that at 70 all of the sudden that will change - so he's just doing what his record company / management is doing for every other artist. here and there someone is releasing now or in the next few months and trying something different.

at least we'll have tons of new releases and tours when all of this blows over!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
at least we'll have tons of new releases and tours when all of this blows over!
IF all of this blows over. At his age he is wasting precious time waiting. Shouldn't he be able to do whatever the eff he wants at this point in his career?
Old 08-17-2020, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree. Every month someone integral to FM’s past dies. These people don’t have two years to wait around any longer. Tarantula walks by the window, no one takes it as a sign?
Old 08-17-2020, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I agree. Every month someone integral to FM’s past dies. These people don’t have two years to wait around any longer. Tarantula walks by the window, no one takes it as a sign?
what is your suggestion for him to do?

i think he should start releasing singles from the upcoming album to
1) hold us over
2) generate some interest and anticipation.

then again, BuckVie singles didn't really give us a good idea of what all was on the album and how much we will eventually love the album!

either way, i want some singles. and want him to work on some additional new music in the meantime that he can release shortly after Lindsey Buckingham rebirth album.

but like someone here says - he should do whatever he wants. this is what WE want, doesn't mean that's what he wants. he seems to be in a very relaxed, peaceful, gratitude-filled place in his life. it was so great to see that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2020, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say keep releasing singles until the whole album is out. Yes I know he won’t have an opportunity to tour on it, but he can do a concert online. He can then make another album to tour on in 2022. It’s not like he won’t have the free time to create anew.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:37 AM

Release single in Sept. Announce a Soundstage concert where he plays the entire album in order (Oct) Release another single in November, and after Thanksgiving release album. Tour after Xmas.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I hope he writes scathing songs about Fleetwood Mac.
On this we agree.

I hope he rips them a new one!
Old 08-22-2020, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
On this we agree.

I hope he rips them a new one!
That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material responding to Mac’s treason?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 08-22-2020 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material resending to Mac’s treason?
My guess is Blue Light rebranded with maybe one track added since the departure.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That leads to the key question. Is this Blue Light rebranded? Something totally new—in response to Mac’s treason—with BL waiting in the wings? Or BL with new material responding to Mac’s treason?
that would be my by far preferred option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
My guess is Blue Light rebranded with maybe one track added since the departure.
and unfortunately, this is probably what it will be.

either way, i want it, as soon as possible! or at least some songs from it.