Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2021, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Questions about the Trouble video

I just watched the video for Trouble for the first time in years on YouTube and I’m curious- who is the blond guy playing guitar next to Lindsey? Is it someone currently in Lindsey’s solo band? He looks a little like what Brett Tuggle might have looked like 40 years ago. Also, does anyone know who the second to last guy playing guitar is? He’s awfully animated and also looks familiar, but I can’t place him. Lastly, what about the guy in front of him? He looks like Bob Weston, which I know can’t possibly be, right? I know FM always had an extra guitar player when they played live, usually in the shadows, so I’m wondering if that’s why some of these guys look naggingly familiar. I even thought Bob Welch was in the video, but I’m sure it’s my imagination.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey met Brett Tuggle until 1997. Brett was Mick's guy from the early 90s.

Bob Welch and Bob Weston are in the Trouble video. I'd gather Mick made that happen. Also I think Walter Egan was in it too.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've not seen it in forever, but I think Dennis Dunstan is in it as well.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Care of Richard Dashut

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-25-2021, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you, Homer, dreamsunwinded, and fuzzy plum! That picture was especially helpful!

Who knew Rick Nowels was so cute back in the day LOL? I also never realized how similar Bob Welch and Ray Lindsey looked back then. I find it so cool that Lindsey invited (or allowed Mick to bring along) Bob Weston, as well as Welch, Walt Egan, and Dennis Dunstan to the shoot, along with the others, of course. I’ve never heard of Steve Ross but it’s interesting to me how much he stood out here, while Bob Weston practically disappears in the video! Perhaps leading credence to the idea that Weston wasn’t right for Fleetwood Mac? Anyway, interesting video and time capsule to 1981.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’ve never heard of Steve Ross
Steve Ross was in Mick Fleetwood's Zoo and was in Lindsey's 1993 band. He and Lindsey sang on the Zoo song "I Want You Back."

ETA: The video for I Want You Back segues into the video for If Anyone Falls.

(Looking forward to hearing how I'm wrong about this, too...)

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 10-25-2021 at 11:09 PM..
Old 10-26-2021, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you, Homer, dreamsunwinded, and fuzzy plum! That picture was especially helpful!

Who knew Rick Nowels was so cute back in the day LOL? I also never realized how similar Bob Welch and Ray Lindsey looked back then. I find it so cool that Lindsey invited (or allowed Mick to bring along) Bob Weston, as well as Welch, Walt Egan, and Dennis Dunstan to the shoot, along with the others, of course. I’ve never heard of Steve Ross but it’s interesting to me how much he stood out here, while Bob Weston practically disappears in the video! Perhaps leading credence to the idea that Weston wasn’t right for Fleetwood Mac? Anyway, interesting video and time capsule to 1981.
Steve Ross was a close friend of Fleetwood Mac. In particular, I think he was Lindsey's best mate for a few years. He contributed to Fleetwood's I'm Not Me and featured heavily in the Angel Come Home video.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-26-2021, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Adore Weston on this video.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Steve Ross was in Mick Fleetwood's Zoo and was in Lindsey's 1993 band. He and Lindsey sang on the Zoo song "I Want You Back."

ETA: The video for I Want You Back segues into the video for If Anyone Falls.

(Looking forward to hearing how I'm wrong about this, too...)
LOL it does look like it segues into If Anyone Falls, doesn’t it?!? Thanks for the link- the video for I Want You Back is pretty freaky. I had no idea this even existed.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Steve Ross was a close friend of Fleetwood Mac. In particular, I think he was Lindsey's best mate for a few years. He contributed to Fleetwood's I'm Not Me and featured heavily in the Angel Come Home video.
I just saw a video on YouTube where Steve Ross performed with the Zoo on American Bandstand, along with Mick Fleetwood, George Hawkins, and Billy Burnette. He sang a song called You Might Need Somebody and he did a great job.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just saw a video on YouTube where Steve Ross performed with the Zoo on American Bandstand, along with Mick Fleetwood, George Hawkins, and Billy Burnette. He sang a song called You Might Need Somebody and he did a great job.
I've seen that. Always liked it. It's too bad he didn't play a larger part in their solo careers, as many others did.

Billy Burnette posts pics of him and Stevie, almost daily on fb. 10 people like it. Seriously. It always amazes me that you can be in a top band for several years, and NOBODY GIVES AF.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 10-27-2021 at 01:06 AM..