User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You and David really have a beautiful, yet lucid way with words. I agree with this immensely.
David sets the bar. The rest of us try to reach it.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Who's Dreaming this dream is ok but my least favorite off her 1984 solo album and Christine probably agrees with me since it was the only track she did not do live during her solo tour promoting the album.
I saw on YouTube that Christine did perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream live. Billy Burnette did a fantastic job of singing Lindsey’s part. Are you thinking of a different song, maybe?
Old 10-27-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I saw on YouTube that Christine did perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream live. Billy Burnette did a fantastic job of singing Lindsey’s part. Are you thinking of a different song, maybe?
I think it's on her MTV Special.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think it's on her MTV Special.
Thank you, jbrownsjr. I wasn’t aware Christine even had a special on MTV! That explains why Billy isn’t seen on other live performances I’ve seen on YouTube.

Very interesting that she didn’t perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream on the tour but did so on her special. My guess is she didn’t sing it on her tour because she didn’t have a strong enough male vocalist to sing Lindsey’s part, but since Billy was available for her special, she included it then. I’ve always thought Christine and Billy sounded great together.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Thank you, jbrownsjr. I wasn’t aware Christine even had a special on MTV! That explains why Billy isn’t seen on other live performances I’ve seen on YouTube.

Very interesting that she didn’t perform Who’s Dreaming This Dream on the tour but did so on her special. My guess is she didn’t sing it on her tour because she didn’t have a strong enough male vocalist to sing Lindsey’s part, but since Billy was available for her special, she included it then. I’ve always thought Christine and Billy sounded great together.
You are referring to her "Video Album" which I think was separate from her MTV Special. The Country Club performance was not part of her tour and was recorded months before the tour started and even before the album was released. Her touring band did not include Billy Burnette and was not the same set as the country club. Songs like World Turning and Who's Dreaming This Dream were not performed. She included more work from her solo album, threw in some vintage Mac stuff besides the Mac hits. I dont think she dropped Who's Dreaming This Dream due to her touring band's vocals. Sharpe and Hawkins provided excellent vocals and even better than Billy on songs like Hold Me and Say You Love Me and even taking Winwood's lines on One In A Million. I think she made the perfect set of slow songs, classic hits, and upbeat rockers. She did perform an out track from her solo album that was on the MTV special and that was Too Much Is Not Enough. Its an upbeat rocker and a much better fit for a live performance than Who's Dreaming This Dream IMHO

This was her set list:

Say You Love Me
Love Will Show Us How
The Challenge
So Excited
Just Crazy Love
Spare Me a Little of Your Love
The Smile I Live For
Ask Anybody
Keeping Secrets
Guitar Bug (Performed by Todd Sharp)
I'm the One
One in a Million
Hold Me
Got a Hold on Me
Over My Head
You Make Loving Fun
Too Much Is Not Enough
Don't Stop
Songbird

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-28-2021 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Co-written with Billy Burnette.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2021, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This was her set list:

Say You Love Me
Love Will Show Us How
The Challenge
So Excited
Just Crazy Love
Spare Me a Little of Your Love
The Smile I Live For
Ask Anybody
Keeping Secrets
I'm the One
One in a Million
Hold Me
Got a Hold on Me
Over My Head
You Make Loving Fun
Too Much Is Not Enough
Don't Stop
Songbird
Thanks for the set list and info about her tour and concert special, Macfan4life. Maybe now that Christine sold her catalog, we’ll get a rerelease of her 1984 album, along with a few extras.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe now that Christine sold her catalog, we’ll get a rerelease of her 1984 album, along with a few extras.
Oh, I doubt that will happen. It would be great, though!
Old 10-28-2021, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, I doubt that will happen. It would be great, though!
But they just rereleased her album from 1970, right? So surely her 1984 album might be a possibility.

Remember back in the 70s when greatest hits albums would be released by country singers, and they would be on commercials lip syncing? For some reason I still remember Anne Murray doing that LOL. Well, wouldn’t it be wonderful and hilarious if Christine would do that for a new box set? Can you imagine her playing up to the camera for a close up while singing You Make Loving Fun? Or sitting on a stool while singing Got a Hold on Me?

But wait! If you order right now, you’ll also receive the MTV concert special not seen on TV since 1984!
Old 10-28-2021, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Wouldn’t it be wonderful and hilarious if Christine would do that for a new box set? (...) Or sitting on a stool while singing Got a Hold on Me?
More likely sitting at a grand piano atop an English hill, giant red scarf blowing across her face as she tries to talk.

"Hi, this is Christine McVie. Would you be interested in buying my self-titled album from 1984? It's probably not very good, really. Maybe you're wondering what songs are on it. So am I. To be honest with you [takes a long sip of wine], I've written so many damn songs at this point they're all the same to me. I think Got a Hold On Me did alright. Can someone turn off the bloody wind fans?"
Old 10-28-2021, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please. She couldn’t remember the title of “Got A Hold On Me” by 1987. (Go to 3:55)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
"My secretary can't remember it either."

I wonder if that was Chris Kable?
Old 10-29-2021, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"My secretary can't remember it either."

I wonder if that was Chris Kable?
Please. We all get brain farts from time to time. I dont know the point Steve is making. Of course she would not release a box set and there would not be a market for it even if the owners of her material did so.
She could not remember the lead single's name but the other song that barely charted? Its just a simple brain fart as she is sitting there under lights with some idiot who is sick and should not be interviewing anyone. How annoying he is.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
More likely sitting at a grand piano atop an English hill, giant red scarf blowing across her face as she tries to talk.

"Hi, this is Christine McVie. Would you be interested in buying my self-titled album from 1984? It's probably not very good, really. Maybe you're wondering what songs are on it. So am I. To be honest with you [takes a long sip of wine], I've written so many damn songs at this point they're all the same to me. I think Got a Hold On Me did alright. Can someone turn off the bloody wind fans?"
I could see this! “Please buy my new collection- it has all my greatest hit!”
Old 10-29-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could see this! “Please buy my new collection- it has all my greatest hit!”
If Lindsey can do it, so can she. “Trouble” was his only big hit. “Go Insane” and “Slow Dancing” were minor hits, just as “Love Will Show Us How” and “Friend” were for Christine.

LB’s “Wrong” had a video and may have made the lower rung of the charts.

You could then say Lindsey’s theme for National Lampoon’s Vacation made some noise. Marginally more noise than Christine’s theme for A Fine Mess. Still, both have made fine solo albums.