The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey in Rolling Stone: Stevie and FM became like Trump and the Republicans

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...album-1221755/
Old 09-09-2021, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

That's a really good analogy Mr Buckingham.

Surrender your beliefs, legacy, identity, and common sense to please and placate the tyrant out of fear and retaliation.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

riffing on the theme - only posting because i had to laugh at the bolded part, so true!

https://consequence.net/2021/09/lind...ks-like-trump/

Lindsey Buckingham: Stevie Nicks Became “A Little Bit Like Trump”
The Fleetwood Mac drama continues

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey BuckinghamStevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, photo by Tim Mosenfelder/Getty ImagesAdvertisementAdvertisement

Abby Jones and Wren Graves
Follow
September 9, 2021 | 1:10pm ET
Lindsey Buckingham is still angry about his 2018 firing from Fleetwood Mac, and he’s out to hit his ex-bandmates where it hurts. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Buckingham claimed that Stevie Nicks — whose political ideologies tend to lean more liberal — ruined the band by becoming “a little bit like Trump.”

This particular drama first unfolded ahead of the 50th anniversary world tour. As Buckingham explained it, “I think she wanted to shape the band in her own image, a more mellow thing, and if you look at the last tour, I think that’s true.” He added that Mick Fleetwood has been the only member of Fleetwood Mac he’s seen since his involuntary 2018 exit.

“I think others in the band just felt that they were not empowered enough, individually, for whatever their own reasons, to stand up for what was right,” Buckingham said. “And so, it became a little bit like Trump and the Republicans.”

If you guessed Nicks would bristle at being compared to unlucky 45, you were right. In a new statement to Rolling Stone, the singer wrote: “It’s unfortunate that Lindsey has chosen to tell a revisionist history of what transpired in 2018 with Fleetwood Mac. His version of events is factually inaccurate, and while I’ve never spoken publicly on the matter, preferring to not air dirty laundry, certainly it feels the time has come to shine a light on the truth… To be exceedingly clear, I did not have him fired, I did not ask for him to be fired, I did not demand he be fired. Frankly, I fired myself. I proactively removed myself from the band and a situation I considered to be toxic to my well-being.”

“I proactively removed myself from the band and a situation I considered to be toxic to my wellbeing. I was done. If the band went on without me, so be it,” Nicks added. “I have championed independence my whole life, and I believe every human being should have the absolute freedom to set their boundaries of what they can and cannot work with. And after many lengthy group discussions, Fleetwood Mac, a band whose legacy is rooted in evolution and change, found a new path forward with two hugely talented new members.”

As far as euphemisms go, “I fired myself,” is a pretty funny way to say that you fired someone else, but that’s what happened. Fleetwood confirmed as much in 2018, though he also tried to avoid the f-word. “Words like ‘fired’ are ugly references as far as I’m concerned,” Fleetwood said. “Not to hedge around, but we arrived at the impasse of hitting a brick wall… We made a decision that we could not go on with him. Majority rules in term of what we need to do as a band and go forward.”

Advertisement
Three years ago, Nicks was more explicit about the problems, saying the rest of the band wanted to tour while Buckingham tried to delay. “We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June and he wanted to put it off until November [2019],” she said. “That’s a long time. I just did 70 shows [on a solo tour]. As soon as I finish one thing, I dive back into another. Why would we stop? We don’t want to stop playing music. We don’t have anything else to do. This is what we do.”

Last year, Fleetwood said that bringing back Buckingham is “not a point of conversation,” for Fleetwood Mac, though he later softened his stance, and indicated that he’d be open to a reunion. Since then, Buckingham has been working on solo music and preparing a headlining tour of his own. He also contributed to The Killers’ 2020 album Imploding the Mirage.

Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie saying she's not one to air dirty laundry is pretty f****** funny, and yet another revisionist history.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

[B]As far as euphemisms go, “I fired myself,” is a pretty funny way to say that you fired someone else, but that’s what happened..“
Glad to read someone in the world outside the fandom can read through her insane BS.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Fleetwood Mac could do what ABBA are doing with the avatars/digital versions of themselves performing.

Stevie could record her parts completely separate from Lindsey (or vice versa) and then get spliced back together in editing. It would look as if they were performing together the whole time!
Old 09-12-2021, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Stevie saying she's not one to air dirty laundry is pretty f****** funny, and yet another revisionist history.
Yeah it’s rather funny considering drugs, rehab, and relationship drama were her primary talking points for years.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah i had to laugh reading that. projecting much Stevie?

revisionist history is what she's been doing for decades, airing dirty laundry while trying to make herself look like a saint. looking at her cult, she's been very successful with it, many have bought in.

just a few most recent gems:
  • nobody staged the intervention, i put myself into rehab! (never mind that she fired Azoff at the time for that said "not intervention")
  • i fired myself!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not to mention working in jabs at Lindsey every single interview. "He did great work on my songs...when he was happy with me. When he was unhappy with me they didn't turn out great" "Lindsey was like a slavedriver" "I had to keep my solo success away from all of them because they didn't like it" having to tiptoe around Lindsey, etc etc etc
Old 09-12-2021, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She said Lindsey was the ayatollah Khomeini. I mean, some of the guys in the studio might agree. Ken might agree. But the fact is she has never not denounced Lindsey openly, as openly as possible. She invited people into her hamper to proudly display the dirty laundry.

And I love it when she would say that he was “mean to me” never describing exactly what he did. This left her fans to fill in the blanks with the most nefarious scenarios possible. When she says he was ‘mean to her’, she usually means something like leaving her album on the stairs. But when you keep it vague that leaves people to assume the worst.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-12-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Old 09-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His analogy is spot on. I mean when Trump and the republicans spew their latest BS their cult just eat it up even when you present them with 100 percent verified facts.

Look at the decades of crap SN has said and they eat it up. Even when presented with the truth like comments from her own mouth they still don’t believe you. Hell there is actually a ton of cult members who actually think she either wrote or had something to do with the Gold Dust Woman book.

It’s actually kind of scary to see how they act.

I remember one cult member tried to say that they lied about Lindsey’s firing up to protect his family and his income. Sure they did. They knew what they did and that’s why they settled in court.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
His analogy is spot on. I mean when Trump and the republicans spew their latest BS their cult just eat it up even when you present them with 100 percent verified facts.

Look at the decades of crap SN has said and they eat it up. Even when presented with the truth like comments from her own mouth they still don’t believe you. Hell there is actually a ton of cult members who actually think she either wrote or had something to do with the Gold Dust Woman book.

It’s actually kind of scary to see how they act.

I remember one cult member tried to say that they lied about Lindsey’s firing up to protect his family and his income. Sure they did. They knew what they did and that’s why they settled in court.
THIS is why I rarely tell people that I'm a fan. They have to know me for months, at least, before I admit my fandom.

Stevie's army certainly has a reputation. Of being LOONS.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
not to mention working in jabs at Lindsey every single interview. "He did great work on my songs...when he was happy with me. When he was unhappy with me they didn't turn out great" "Lindsey was like a slavedriver" "I had to keep my solo success away from all of them because they didn't like it" having to tiptoe around Lindsey, etc etc etc
If he truly, truly didn't like her, he wouldn't have done all that fantastic work on her songs, starting with #1 "Dreams". Please, what drives people to that song is not exactly the lyrics (which I could never understood a word. Please, thunder not only happens when it's raining!), but that chorus effect Lindsey created at the beginning of the song with the volume swell.
He always put a lot of effort into her songs. Always, no matter his feelings towards her. But of course, she had to make it all about her....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
But of course, she had to make it all about her....
Shirley you jest! Like $tevie is a complete narcissist! I swear!!!!!

Old 09-13-2021, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Maybe Fleetwood Mac could do what ABBA are doing with the avatars/digital versions of themselves performing.

Stevie could record her parts completely separate from Lindsey (or vice versa) and then get spliced back together in editing. It would look as if they were performing together the whole time!
ABBA actually spent weeks performing together in special suits to recreate their show for the "abbatars" and they are releasing a brand new album 40 years after their last one .They have put their differences aside to record new beautifully performed songs with wonderful vocals ( that ship sailed for the Rumours five many years ago). They arrived at the perfect time to wash away the disappointment and bitterness over seeing my other all time favorite band implode in in a hot mess of pettiness and preposterous behavior. I truly believe that some of them must be in their second childhoods at this point,

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 09-13-2021 at 08:29 PM..