User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I think RRHOF needs to change policies for good and admit every member of a band or just admit a band and not clarify anything about individual members. That's the fair way of doing things. Then if a member of a band had a very influential solo career, they could be admitted individually that way.
I understand what you're saying, but it's not as nice for every band. Fleetwood Mac has never had less than two vocalists, had a history of gradual personnel changes, and was kept together by the namesakes, who were not the singers or writers.

But what about a band like the Guess Who? The band broke up when Burton Cummings, the only lead vocalist the band had, quit. Then bassist Jim Kale registered the name and put out subsequent versions of the Guess Who and at one point even let the band play gigs without him (read: there were no original or subsequent Cummings-era members of the band). Are we really to think that the members of the Kale lead bands are relevant?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-09-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought that the reason that Bob wasn't inducted is because Christine refused to share a stage with him?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I thought that the reason that Bob wasn't inducted is because Christine refused to share a stage with him?
I don't think we still know, for certain, if Chris was the guilty party, even if most signs point to her... Didn't someone suggest that it might have been Peter(I highly doubt this, given his general ~albeit perceived from my own skewed vantage point~ disposition)?

Unless I missed something, Wendy has only said that it wasn't Mick or John.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Didn't someone suggest that it might have been Peter(I highly doubt this, given his general ~albeit perceived from my own skewed vantage point~ disposition)?
Not sure if anyone else said this but I did say it jokingly back in the other thread...that everyone was thinking of Chris and yet there was one other person on stage who everyone had forgotten.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I don't think we still know, for certain, if Chris was the guilty party, even if most signs point to her... Didn't someone suggest that it might have been Peter(I highly doubt this, given his general ~albeit perceived from my own skewed vantage point~ disposition)?

I'm pretty sure she ruled Christine out as well when arguing with someone that was trying to guess. The guy said Danny Graves as well and Wendy pretty much said he didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm pretty sure she ruled Christine out as well when arguing with someone that was trying to guess. The guy said Danny Graves as well and Wendy pretty much said he didn't know what he was talking about.
So who are we left with? Stevie and Lindsey? What are you thinking, John? If I had to guess between those two, I would definitely guess Lindsey.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't see Stevie being that petty. What reason would she have to not want Bob inducted?

For the record, I don't really see what Lindsey would have against Bob either and I have to really stretch my imagination to think he would pull such a scheme, but if I had to guess between the two of them...

Then again, these are just my perceptions of people I don't actually know. So...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I can't see Stevie being that petty. What reason would she have to not want Bob inducted?

For the record, I don't really see what Lindsey would have against Bob either and I have to really stretch my imagination to think he would pull such a scheme, but if I had to guess between the two of them...

Then again, these are just my perceptions of people I don't actually know. So...
I think Stevie and Lindsey would have been on the same page, but I think the page was to get themselves in the HOF, not to keep Bob out. If they were skating in on a technicality, then they may have been pretty motivated not to draw any more attention to themselves by insisting Bob not be inducted...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
So who are we left with? Stevie and Lindsey? What are you thinking, John? If I had to guess between those two, I would definitely guess Lindsey.
Wendy became a little miffed when he suggested Christine, and didn't know who Graves was.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I felt in the first place all the members of Fleetwood Mac from 1967 thru today or back in 1998 when the inducted whoever was in the fleetwood mac band during that time should have been inducted in as the whole band not a certain part of the band. which I believe are 16 members in all should have all been inducted and shame on mick fleetwood for not contacting all the members that were not present.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default My husband/Bob Welch

Christine did keep Bob Welch out of the HOF. and Mick couldn't turn her down. But the fact is that Bob was a pro rata share member of Fleetwood Mac and no one should have been able to keep him out of the HOF> He earned it! and he deserved to be in it. And that wrong still needs to be righted. I have to do that for Bob!

Also, I would like to say that this is the first time I have ever posted on this site. and I am very irritated. Bob never exaggerated anything, in fact he underplayed everything. Bob and I know the truth, 90% of which I can't talk about because of a gag order. So anything we have to say is the truth and nothing but the truth. I don't like him being put down for what he rightfully should have had and deserves. I hope you understand this battle. It may be 15 years after the fact, but it is never too late to right a wrong. He cared very much about the RRhOF and should have been inducted. He was very hurt because of a very vindictive move on someone's part that should have never happened. You should all understand that this is something he earned and deserves no matter how much time has passed. It is the one thing I will fight to right for him. He was a very important member of Fleetwood Mac and should be treated as such. He wrote and sang 1/2 of the songs on five albums, and played guitar on all of them, and did move them to their success in the US. No one can change that fact.

Wendy Welch
( Bob's wife Forever) and his sole heir, beneficiary, and administrator of his estate. By the way I inherited his facebook page and own it. and always presented my self as Wendy and never impersonated Bob, as someone claimed i did.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy, first of all I wish to offer my condolences on your husband's passing. Thank you for posting here. It's fitting that your post is #110 as I support your efforts 110%. Bob was definitely an integral part of FM and deserves all the credit and respect which he is due. Until the day he is finally inducted in the RRHOF, this will remain a glaring and shameful omission.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Christine did keep Bob Welch out of the HOF. and Mick couldn't turn her down.
How could that have happened, Wendy? And where was John? I guess Stevie and Lindsey had no real voice in this matter....

Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

According to a conversation I had with Mich Reynolds back in 1998 at the Splinter Group show in Cleveland, Peter didn't even know about it until the day of the ceremony.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
According to a conversation I had with Mich Reynolds back in 1998 at the Splinter Group show in Cleveland, Peter didn't even know about it until the day of the ceremony.
Well I never thought it was Peter anyway. Just trying to rule out the possibilities.

In my mind, it has to be either Chris or Lindsey. I suspect the former, but hope it's the latter.