User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default prayers needed~

a former co-wrker & dear friend of mine has/had a daughter who went missing in november~ for 6 months we have hoped & prayed for her safe return, tho deep inside fearing the worst~ well human remains were found last week about 5 miles from where amber harris ( the poor girls name) was last seen getting off of her school bus~ today it was confirmed that the poor soul's remains were that of my friend melissa's daughter, she was just 12 yrs old~ this is a wonderfully close & special family & tho none of you may know her, just a few quick seconds to send out a prayer for her family & that the police find out who did this soon would be so appreciated~ this is so tragic~ & seriously is breaking my heart, i can hardly type this~ i have already been ill over this & can't imagine how amber's parents are feeling, i hope to go see them this evening after the news crews leave their home~ they have been very hopeful~

amber harris
may your beautiful soul forever rest in peace
you will be missed dearly
but let it be known that knowing you are watching over us does give us comfort ~

here is her story:

http://www.ketv.com/news/9208830/detail.html

Remains In Park Belong To Amber Harris
Hummel Park Body Is That Of Missing 12-Year-Old
OMAHA, Neb. -- Human remains found Thursday night in Omaha's Hummel Park appear to be that of a missing 12-year-old girl.

Amber Harris disappeared in November. Investigators visited the Harris family last Friday afternoon, and the family said they'd been told the remains were Amber's.

Omaha Police Chief Thomas Warren said DNA results showed that the remains were Amber's. He said the case is now considered a homicide. Warren said there was no immediate indication of the cause of death, and it isn't clear how long the body had been in the park. Warren said there are no suspects identified, but the department is working on a number of tips.

Police said officers went to the park on May 11 at about 8:45 p.m. when someone reported finding the remains. Melissa Harris, mother of Amber Harris, told KETV NewsWatch 7 that Omaha police contacted her to let her know about human remains shortly after they were discovered, and before police could even determine whether the remains belonged to a man or woman, adult or child.

The park is north of Interstate 680 along the Missouri River. Police officers taped off the park all day on Friday, and the only way to see what was going on in the investigation was from the air.

Search For Amber Has Been Intensive

Amber Harris disappeared Nov. 29 and was last seen near Florence Boulevard and Pinkney Street as she got off her school bus. Harris's backpack was found in March near 22nd and Lake streets. An anonymous tipster told police where to find the bag. Harris's mother, Melissa, said the bag belongs to her daughter, and it had some clothes and a physical education notebook in it.

The bag was delivered to the Omaha crime lab, but no information was ever released by police since it was found. Police said the discovery of the bag made Amber's missing status that of an endangered missing child, changed from runaway.

The picture of the missing Omaha girl has been within plain sight of thousands of interstate travelers for a couple of months. Lamar Advertising unveiled a billboard earlier this month that shows a picture of Harris. The billboard is just off the Leavenworth Street exit of Interstate 480 northbound. It displays the missing 12-year-old's name and police contact information in bold letters against a neon green background.

Another billboard was unveiled near 24th and Cuming streets.

The search went nationwide when CBS's crime drama "Without a Trace" featured Harris's case on its Web site and during the prime-time drama.

Omaha's police chief sought during a news conference in December to defend the department's handling of the case of the missing girl. Police Chief Thomas Warren said his officers worked through the night of Nov. 29 after the department was first told that Amber Harris did not make it home after she was seen getting off her school bus.

The police chief listed a day-by-day analysis of what his department had done to try to locate the girl. Warren said his officers went to 3210 N. 16th St. on a report of a missing juvenile after 7 p.m. on Nov. 29. The child's mother, Melissa Harris, told officers that she last saw her daughter get on her school bus at 6 a.m. on Nov. 29.

Warren said officers talked to the Harris family and others who were on the same Laidlaw bus that Amber Harris boarded after school that day. One of the bus riders told officers that Harris may have asked to get off near Miller Park on that day.

Warren said his officers covered the area around Miller Park and between there and Harris' home. The night the 12-year-old disappeared, Warren said, a K-9 unit was not used to track the girl. They worked through the night, and continued to interview the family and other bus riders.

The media was not notified that the girl was missing until the evening of Nov. 30. At that time, a photo of the girl and the phone numbers for Omaha police were released to the public asking for help to find the girl.

"We had no indication (initially) that there was any foul play involved," Warren said in December. "We investigate these matters from all possible perspectives -- from worst-case scenario, if there may have been an abduction, to the individual running away voluntarily. At the time of the initial radio call, we didn't have any indication that this was anything other than a runaway. But as the time elapsed, you have concern that there's a missing 12-year-old."

Investigators said Harris was dropped off at Lothrop Street and Florence Boulevard and was seen headed east on Lothrop toward her home.

Warren said his department has expended considerable resources in the hunt for Harris, including many officer hours, the use of the department's helicopter and use of the FBI for help.

Michael Harris, Amber's father, said in December that he and his wife took polygraph tests in an effort to cooperate with police in any way they can. Police confirmed that the Harris family has been very cooperative, and are considered victims in this case.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

RIP

I'm so sorry for their terrible loss.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh how terrible- I will keep her in my thoughts. xo
Old 05-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My God. Words always seem pitiful at a time like this....

I tried to compose words of condolence, but they seemed too trite. I think I would help more by sending pink clouds of Love and some White Light to your friends.

A big virtual HUG to you for your efforts to support the family. Be there for each other. Im here for you too.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is so unimaginable....I'm so sorry to hear of this loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, how that hurts my heart. I'll be praying for her family. I am so sorry to hear of this.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a granddaughter who is 10 and rides the bus to and from school. Last week I was told she didn't get on the bus one day and skipped school with a "friend."

I will definitely say a prayer for the grieving family.

Laura
Old 05-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will def. say a prayer. This is sooo horribly sad. What kind of world are we living in?!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jill, that's terrible! Here's a prayer for the family from me.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jill, I can not begin to imagine how you must feel. I am so sorry that this happened to Amber and that the family has been handed this kind of pain. I am thankful that they have friends such as yourself that are there for them. You are a good friend and it shows. Take care. My thoughts are with you, Amber, and her family and friends.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sure as hell hope they catch who did this!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i just wanna take a minute to thank everyone who posted well wishes & prayers to this thread & to everyone who didn't, but might have taken a moment to think of this poor child & her completely devestated family~ amber will be laid to rest today in a very public memorial service~ mark klaas (father of polly klaas who was also abducted & murdered at the age of 12 & founder of klaas kids) will be in attendance & has been here for the past week lending the family support & all over law enforcement for their lack of an investigation when amber went missing~ also "america's most wanted" will be airing amber's story this saturday on their show~ i will be attending the service & just wanted to thank all you ledgies for the "love" here~
bless all of you!!! ~
Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6
i just wanna take a minute to thank everyone who posted well wishes & prayers to this thread & to everyone who didn't, but might have taken a moment to think of this poor child & her completely devestated family~ amber will be laid to rest today in a very public memorial service~ mark klaas (father of polly klaas who was also abducted & murdered at the age of 12 & founder of klaas kids) will be in attendance & has been here for the past week lending the family support & all over law enforcement for their lack of an investigation when amber went missing~ also "america's most wanted" will be airing amber's story this saturday on their show~ i will be attending the service & just wanted to thank all you ledgies for the "love" here~
bless all of you!!! ~
No problem! Like I said, I jsut hope they catch the SOB!