User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sit Your @ss Down.

What seating do you prefer?

In a movie theater, I like to sit in the middle.

At a play, I like the aisle.

In a classroom or lecture, I like the back - hate having people behind me - my last initial is at the end of the alphabet, so I guess that started early when teachers would seat us alphabetically.

On a plane, as we've discussed, I like an aisle seat near the front.

In a restaurant, I like a corner, or by a window. Never near the kitchen or waiting area. I can do booths as long as they're comfortable - some booth seats make you sink & the table is up high.

Incidentally, anybody else grow up with the family station wagon, riding in the back-back?

Where do you plant yourselves?

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm...never thought about that one...

In a classroom, either up front or near the front....otherwise I'm prone to not pay attention at all...being up front makes me a little more aware of what I need to be doing.
--Also, I like to sit in the same place every time haha...I was one of those people...I had "my" seat in all my classes...and would get there early to make sure I got it...a little obsessive but hey...that's me...

In a theater (movie) I like the middle....

In a theater (play space) I like middle as near the stage as possible...

IN a plane - it's gotta be window....

In a restaurant...anywhere as long as it's not by a bathroom, the kitchen, or a screaming child.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In the movies, I have to be sitting in the middle and usually, if possible, i'll sit toward the back because I hate people putting their feet on the back of my seat.

At a play/musical, the aisle is the best but being in the center section doesn't bother me. When I was younger, we went to see The Nutcracker. We were in a balcony by ourselves and a pole obstructed our views. I ended up falling asleep. Had we been sitting elsewhere, maybe I would have found it more interesting.

In a classroom it depending on the subject, I like to sit in the front or all the way in the back. In college during all of my English courses, i'd sit in the front. In my Science/Math courses, I sat way in the back. There were a few professors that had assigned seating so I ended up toward the back.

On a plane I HAVE to be sitting in the aisle seat. I hate the center seat and I don't like the window seat at all.

In a restaurant the window is the best spot. Definately not near the kitchen or around where people are waiting, watching you eat.

When I was little, my mom had a blue Firebird and my dad had a truck. Then they got rid of the Firebird and purchased an SUV (i think they started that trend around here ). In the SUV, I used to sit in the back sometimes for no apparent reason and when my mom had the Firebird, she used to stick me in the back but sometimes i'd sit up front.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Hmmmm....

In a movie theater-In the back section near the exit sign, So I can avoid the rush of humanity to the restroom to upchunk my lunch after learning I wasted $8.50 for a movie that utterly sucked so bad it will be released on DVD the following week.

At a play-Don't do plays anymore...Last time I did I was on stage, 'Nuff said

In a classroom or lecture-In the back of the room so I can wear my Walkman and pretend that I am paying attention. Btw, It worked daily from 9th grade through college...And all I had to show was an "A-" grade average.

On a plane-Don't fly...If I EVER did decide to fly, I want a seat on a plane that won't unexpectedly stop into a housing development, A corn field or short of the runway.

In a restaurant-Near a window...

Anybody else grow up with the family station wagon, riding in the back-back?

Sure, Been thrown through the rear window glass of a station wagon during a fatality auto accident...Thus why I will NEVER own a station-wagon.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In a movie, the back!
In a Play, Tworards the front and center
In a classroom, All teh way in the back
In a plane, Window seat thaat the wing dosent obstruct my veiw
Old 07-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Movie -- middle
Play -- center stage, enough rows back to see the whole stage
Classroom -- Usually middle rows, toward the back. We had assigned seating, though. Most of my classes now are seminars so we are seated around a table.
Plane -- Window, closer to the front
Restaurant -- By a window or outer wall
Old 07-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Hmm...never thought about that one...

In a classroom, either up front or near the front....otherwise I'm prone to not pay attention at all...being up front makes me a little more aware of what I need to be doing.
--Also, I like to sit in the same place every time haha...I was one of those people...I had "my" seat in all my classes...and would get there early to make sure I got it...a little obsessive but hey...that's me...
I know your type.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
In the movies, I have to be sitting in the middle and usually, if possible, i'll sit toward the back because I hate people putting their feet on the back of my seat.

At a play/musical, the aisle is the best but being in the center section doesn't bother me. When I was younger, we went to see The Nutcracker. We were in a balcony by ourselves and a pole obstructed our views. I ended up falling asleep. Had we been sitting elsewhere, maybe I would have found it more interesting.

In a classroom it depending on the subject, I like to sit in the front or all the way in the back. In college during all of my English courses, i'd sit in the front. In my Science/Math courses, I sat way in the back. There were a few professors that had assigned seating so I ended up toward the back.

On a plane I HAVE to be sitting in the aisle seat. I hate the center seat and I don't like the window seat at all.

In a restaurant the window is the best spot. Definately not near the kitchen or around where people are waiting, watching you eat.

When I was little, my mom had a blue Firebird and my dad had a truck. Then they got rid of the Firebird and purchased an SUV (i think they started that trend around here ). In the SUV, I used to sit in the back sometimes for no apparent reason and when my mom had the Firebird, she used to stick me in the back but sometimes i'd sit up front.
Wow, I've never heard of assigned seating in college (undergraduate). But I went to a small school.

SUV? You're waaay to young to know the back-back.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life

In a classroom or lecture-In the back of the room so I can wear my Walkman and pretend that I am paying attention. Btw, It worked daily from 9th grade through college...And all I had to show was an "A-" grade average.
Yeah, but in Oklahoma.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
In a plane, Window seat thaat the wing dosent obstruct my veiw
And I bet you're the last person who's able to get off the plane because of that.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Movie -- middle
Play -- center stage, enough rows back to see the whole stage
Classroom -- Usually middle rows, toward the back. We had assigned seating, though. Most of my classes now are seminars so we are seated around a table.
Plane -- Window, closer to the front
Restaurant -- By a window or outer wall
Seminars are the best classes. What are you taking?

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Seminars are the best classes. What are you taking?

- Jake
This semester I'll be in Communication Theory, Qualatative Research Methods, and Theories of Student Development.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
This semester I'll be in Communication Theory, Qualatative Research Methods, and Theories of Student Development.
Can't say any of them particularly grabs me. Maybe the last one. Hope the seminar component makes them interesting.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2004, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, I've never heard of assigned seating in college (undergraduate). But I went to a small school.

SUV? You're waaay to young to know the back-back.

- Jake
It was my Lit professor and my oral communications professor. They wanted to remember everyones name.

Growing up, my best friends family had a station wagon. She had 3 sisters and the dog was always going with them everywhere. We always got stuck in the back-back because we didn't want to sit with the babies or her older sister so yesss...i am familar with the back-back.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can't say any of them particularly grabs me. Maybe the last one. Hope the seminar component makes them interesting.

- Jake
Comm Theory is required for my degree. I suffered through Quantitative Methods last spring, so I decided to take Qualitative, which is what I'm more interested in. I'm looking forward to the student development class.