The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2015, 08:31 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default Cats thread (& other pets)


I'm bored to death because here is 40 degrees (=104 F) and I want to have a positive thread for once, where we can talk about our pets with a personal preference for cats and maybe exchange advices and experiences among animal lovers.

So this is my female cat Perla; she's 15 years old but she's still kicking butts since, as you can see, she's stolen my fancy magenta jumper. I took her in when she was just 2 weeks old, born from the litter of the cat of my sisters's friend:

I also had another younger cat named Izzie that me and my family saved from a moat, but unfortunately she was half purebred and she died from a genetic illness three years ago. This is her (Sorry for the ****ty quality):

And right after Easter my beloved dog Black left us four months after being diagnosed with cancer. Thankfully, he left peacefully while sleeping due to his very old age though:
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Danielle's Avatar
Danielle Danielle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 594
Default

I'm glad your pets had a loving life before passing away. Perla is gorgeous!!!

I have 8 rescue cats, you can see them here.
__________________


Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:41 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default

Thank you!
Yes, Perla is pretty and she knows it!

You have such beauties! I think I have a crush on Frida

By the way you're pretty, you resemble Elizabeth Reaser.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Danielle's Avatar
Danielle Danielle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brazil
Posts: 594
Default

Thank you!

It warms my heart you have a crush on Frida. It's just that in Brazil, tortoiseshell cats are the least likely to get adopted. I volunteer at a shelter and sadly, these beauties are considered ugly.

I happen to think they are gorgeous, I mean, look at my Frida:

__________________


Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 07-03-2015 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2015, 10:10 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default

Really? And to think that tortoiseshell cats and their other variations like Calicos here are believed to bring good luck.
My neighbour has a long-haired black-Sienna tortoishell cat that I envy him greatly.
Seriously, Frida could be a cat model.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-03-2015 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2015, 10:59 AM
TheWILDheart TheWILDheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,297
Default

I have a long haired maine coon tabby called Gypsy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-07-2016, 01:57 PM
~*BellaDonna*~'s Avatar
~*BellaDonna*~ ~*BellaDonna*~ is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

I'm bored to death because here is 40 degrees (=104 F) and I want to have a positive thread for once, where we can talk about our pets with a personal preference for cats and maybe exchange advices and experiences among animal lovers.

So this is my female cat Perla; she's 15 years old but she's still kicking butts since, as you can see, she's stolen my fancy magenta jumper. I took her in when she was just 2 weeks old, born from the litter of the cat of my sisters's friend:

I also had another younger cat named Izzie that me and my family saved from a moat, but unfortunately she was half purebred and she died from a genetic illness three years ago. This is her (Sorry for the ****ty quality):

And right after Easter my beloved dog Black left us four months after being diagnosed with cancer. Thankfully, he left peacefully while sleeping due to his very old age though:
Your pets are adorable! I have a cat named Oliver and he is about 2 years old. He was a stray kitten that turned up in my front yard. I will look through my photos and see what I can dig up.
__________________
Worrying about today only takes away tomorrow's peace.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-07-2016, 02:10 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default

Yes, pictures of kittens are my favourites!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-14-2016, 02:08 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default

My cat's kidneys have stopped functioning. I don't know what to do or say, I was not prepared for this, has anyone already went through it?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Macfanforever's Avatar
Macfanforever Macfanforever is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wallyworld CT
Posts: 10,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
My cat's kidneys have stopped functioning. I don't know what to do or say, I was not prepared for this, has anyone already went through it?
I'm sorry to hear this.I hope the vet can treat it.My friends 6 year old Siamese cat had treatment for his problems going to the bathroom.The vet change his food to a special prescription cat food that cost my friend about US $3.00 bucks a can.He is doing great now.

My cat Buttons is doing fine.
__________________
Skip R........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-14-2016, 03:18 PM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm sorry to hear this.I hope the vet can treat it.My friends 6 year old Siamese cat had treatment for his problems going to the bathroom.The vet change his food to a special prescription cat food that cost my friend about US $3.00 bucks a can.He is doing great now.

My cat Buttons is doing fine.
Thanks. Yes, she has special food that costs 2 Euros at portions too, it's a bit of a shame. For a while she was doing fine but the vet told us to be prepared because she's old.
Your cat has a very cute name.

An italian weekly tv program that does investigative reports 2 or 3 months ago showed that a lot of the most famous brands of animal food actually has too high price for the contents (mainly alimentary discards), makes illegal and unnecessary experiments on animals and some actually could even be detrimental to animals on the long run because the food is "diluted" with other substances like clay.
Not to be alarmist, it's just that our animals eat almost only those things all of their lives, it's better to be attentive to what they eat and make them also eat some real food once in a while.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-25-2016, 06:25 PM
AlexD AlexD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 255
Default

What's the Ledge Coming To?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


BILLY BURNETTE Are You CD 2000 Rockabilly *fleetwood mac KENNY VAUGHAN New Seale picture

BILLY BURNETTE Are You CD 2000 Rockabilly *fleetwood mac KENNY VAUGHAN New Seale

$11.61



Billy Burnette Soldier Of Love sealed LP 1986 MCA Curb Records USA  picture

Billy Burnette Soldier Of Love sealed LP 1986 MCA Curb Records USA

$4.99



BILLY BURNETTE 7'' 45 SINGLE- I STILL REMEMBER HOW TO MISS YOU-NEW picture

BILLY BURNETTE 7'' 45 SINGLE- I STILL REMEMBER HOW TO MISS YOU-NEW

$4.00



Billy Burnette - Same 1980 USA Orig. Columbia Label Lyrics VG+/E picture

Billy Burnette - Same 1980 USA Orig. Columbia Label Lyrics VG+/E

$2.99



Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP picture

Billy Burnette ‎– Try Me(Vinyl, LP, Album)PROMO NEW SEALED,GOLD STAMP

$20.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved