User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2022, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In terms of her thinness, I thought she’d stayed thin until around late 1987.
I don’t mean to be crass, but I first saw Stevie gain weight at the Mulholland Tomorrow concert in September 1985, where she played a few songs with the Heartbreakers and Don Henley’s band. She was showing a little weight gain on her 1986 tour throughout, although I still think she looked marvelous—a dragon-lady with all that strange kohl around her eyes. She had an edge that year, despite looking a little less put-together. Her drummer, Rick, called her a dynamo in Modern Drummer.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-15-2022, 03:01 PM
cbBen
This message has been deleted by cbBen.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How is saying Chris had all the hits "taking aim" at her?
Old 12-15-2022, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
How is saying Chris had all the hits "taking aim" at her?
It was her negativity. I will find the interview on youtube and post it. Stevie was doing a radio interview promoting Street Angel. They brought up she had the only #1 song in Fleetwood Mac's catalog. She projected negativity as it was not special because Chris had the hits. She also ragged she would not do a video because she may have to downsize and live in a townhouse in her old age. Meanwhile she is worth well over 100 million in her old age. My point was pointed out in the earlier post. She was a negative Nancy at this time and ragged on everyone. How do you tell your fans not to buy your album. If it was not so silly its absurd. She was agonizing her career was over.
You never heard her interviews at this time?
How about this? Stevie was negative towards everyone at this time. Her comment towards Pat Benatar was not really a swipe either. But it was petty jealousy and anger.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This was when she was coming off Klonopin. In hindsight, she should have maybe chilled out for six months to a year.

I remember how she said Fleetwood Mac were scary and mean to her around that time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2022, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I did not know this. Wow. Sad. I remember her eyes in that video (on the closeups) and thinking she didn’t look well.

In terms of her thinness, I thought she’d stayed thin until around late 1987. This pic from early 87 shows her looking pretty slender. Maybe it’s just an illusion or a decent angle?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/80/47/fa/8...etwood-mac.jpg
Looks like she bulked up, here.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2022, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw her twice on the RAL tour. For the first show in Costa Mesa we were in the third row and I thought she looked rather alarmingly large compared to when I had her seen on The Wild Heart tour. I imagine some of it was caused by having to cut back on the cocaine Still it was an entertaining show though as it was pre -Klonopin.

Old 12-16-2022, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The pre RAL interview that is famous on youtube was filmed May 1985. She looks very thin and classic Stevie. Once she started the road parties during the RAL era is when she packed on the weight. She went to Australia with Bob and Tom, then hung out with Heart for a few shows, went into RAL rehearsals and then hit the road. By the end of the RAL tour she was very bloated. The Red Rocks video that is not reshot shows this. When she is holding the dove (1986) she is considerably heavier than she was one year earlier (1985). She lost some weight post Betty Ford and for Tango videos. Once the klonopin kicked in, the weight slowing starting coming back.
When Big Love was breaking on the radio, I heard a DJ say the grunts at the end of the song were Stevie trying to fit into her jeans.

Back to the Talk To Me video. The most annoying part of the video is not that she's wearing neon Madonna-esque gloves with holes in them. You dont even know she's wearing them until the end when some dumb director probably told her.....Stevie...show off your gloves.......start putting your hands in front of your face.
Even as a teen, it was nails down a chalk board to me. Oh look, Stevie is cool like Madonna too. Too bad she did not wear a "Boy Toy" belt buckle.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-16-2022 at 06:51 AM..
Old 12-16-2022, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was not yet a fan in 1994, but I do remember listening on my local classic rock radio station (probably as an introduction to their playing the track) to a snippet of an interview where Stevie says she wanted Bob Dylan to play harmonica on "Just Like A Woman" to make it "genuine." This was the very end of the era where classic rock radio would actually play new music from classic rock artists.
Old 12-16-2022, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When Big Love was breaking on the radio, I heard a DJ say the grunts at the end of the song were Stevie trying to fit into her jeans.
Ooh, when/if I retire this Christine sig, I think I've found my new one.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She had also moved into her mid-late thirties by RAL. Some of that weight gain may have been due to aging and her really getting her “woman’s body.”

Some also may have been due to relying more on alcohol than cocaine starting on the RAL tour.
Old 12-17-2022, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
She had also moved into her mid-late thirties by RAL. Some of that weight gain may have been due to aging and her really getting her “woman’s body.”

Some also may have been due to relying more on alcohol than cocaine starting on the RAL tour.
No doubt. She was drinking hard. She went on tour realizing she had a nose problem and coke problem. The change in her looks just before RAL was released and when it was almost over in Australia was shocking. I think she looked horrible when she was introducing I Cant Wait on Countdown in Australia and the RAL tour had not even begun yet.
But to be fair those mid 80s clothes she wore were hideous. That giant belt buckle and those giant silver cuff rings and that puff hair on top with her dark eye make up made her look worse. We all looked bad in the mid 80s looking back. Lindsey's hair and clothes in 1984 were not stellar either. Chris also looked like an old lady in her Got A Hold On Me video. Then she had so much make up on for Love Will Show Us How.
It was the decade of excess.
Old 12-17-2022, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It was her negativity. I will find the interview on youtube and post it. Stevie was doing a radio interview promoting Street Angel. They brought up she had the only #1 song in Fleetwood Mac's catalog. She projected negativity as it was not special because Chris had the hits. She also ragged she would not do a video because she may have to downsize and live in a townhouse in her old age. Meanwhile she is worth well over 100 million in her old age. My point was pointed out in the earlier post. She was a negative Nancy at this time and ragged on everyone. How do you tell your fans not to buy your album. If it was not so silly its absurd. She was agonizing her career was over.
You never heard her interviews at this time?
How about this? Stevie was negative towards everyone at this time. Her comment towards Pat Benatar was not really a swipe either. But it was petty jealousy and anger.
After the 90s, Stevie took shots at other artists: Miley Cyrus, Brittney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Lindsay Lohan...
That's where the 2009 Tour Title "Unleashed" came from
Old 12-18-2022, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
That's where the 2009 Tour Title "Unleashed" came from
Well, that's when she began chomping at Lindsey. Unleashed, indeed.
Old 12-18-2022, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, that's when she began chomping at Lindsey. Unleashed, indeed.
And he should have be un-done for critiquing Thrown Down. How demonic of him.