Old 01-26-2023, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This moves me in beautiful ways!
Old 01-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s crap. Along with Only Over You. Let’s not pretend any of the three Rumours era writers didn’t have their share of filler.
Christine had the least by far of the three.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2023, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
But he wasn’t. He’d absolutely kiss the ring if they’d let him back in the band.

Part of me totally expects them to exploit Christine’s passing as a “springboard” to another SYW lineup tour. It’ll be another “profound healing experience” that will “tie up loose ends left dangling after our parting of ways.”
As long as Mick draws breath this is a real possiblity. The old shyster is probably running out of $$ even now .His pattern for the last 40 years has been to squander fortunes and then milk the Fleetwood Mac teat to get back on his feet. Why would anything change now? The only wild card to prevent it from happening is Stevie's stated refusal to ever share a stage with Lindsey again. Hopefully she is resolute in her declaration.

Old 01-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It's laughable how you chime in with some perceived authority to declare which of Lindsey's songs are "filler", while giving the rest of the band a free pass...including Stevie..AGAIN.
It’s laughable that you think anyone would seek out “Family Man” and “You and I, pt. II” and think “yeah, THAT’S what I’m talking about!” Is that the hill you really want to die on?

Stevie doesn’t claim to be a creative visionary and has said something to the effect that she let the band down. She knows her Tango songs sucked and that everyone else does, too. I’m not giving her a pass. We’ve beaten that horse to death over twenty years ago.

Incidentally, between the Inauguration and In the Meantime threads revisiting the 90-95 years, I remember being giddy that Stevie was out and Bekka was in (having become a big fan in 1992 with the Zoo).

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-26-2023 at 04:11 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s laughable that you think anyone would seek out “Family Man” and “You and I, pt. II” and think “yeah, THAT’S what I’m talking about!” Is that the hill you really want to die on?

Stevie doesn’t claim to be a creative visionary and has said something to the effect that she let the band down. She knows her Tango songs sucked and that everyone else does, too. I’m not giving her a pass. We’ve beaten that horse to death over twenty years ago.

Incidentally, between the Inauguration and In the Meantime threads revisiting the 90-95 years, I remember being giddy that Stevie was out and Bekka was in (having become a big fan in 1992 with the Zoo).
What are you talking about!? I never called out Family Man or You and I as my hill to die on. I never even mentioned those songs. I only mentioned When I See You Again as a song I think everyone here agrees, never quite met it's full potential. One could argue it's one of the larger weak spots on the album. That said, I'd rather listen to Family Man.

My entire point was, you have an opinion just like everyone else. You can think whatever song you want is "filler" but it certainly isn't a fact the way you present it to be.

I might think everything between Behind The Mask and Time sounds like generic Wilson Phillips FM radio, but I'm not out here declaring it's "filler" and acting like everyone else doesn't have a clue.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-26-2023 at 04:46 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
It’s crap. Along with Only Over You. Let’s not pretend any of the three Rumours era writers didn’t have their share of filler.
Aw, I like Mystified. It’s probably the weakest of her songs from the 1987-1993 period, but I still enjoy it. It’s pretty and pleasant. And Stevie sounds so good singing backup. Oh wait, she’s not on this song? Oh well, it’s still a pretty song. And SO much better than a when I See You Again or Family Man, two songs I actively dislike. I mean, they are so annoying to me. Mystified is just… there.

Fine, I’ll say it- I’m Mystified how anyone could like Family Man or WiSYA more than Mystified!
Old 01-26-2023, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are you talking about!? I never called out Family Man or You and I as my hill to die on. I never even mentioned those songs. I only mentioned When I See You Again as a song I think everyone here agrees, never quite met it's full potential. One could argue it's one of the larger weak spots on the album. That said, I'd rather listen to Family Man.

My entire point was, you have an opinion just like everyone else. You can think whatever song you want is "filler" but it certainly isn't a fact the way you present it to be.

I might think everything between Behind The Mask and Time sounds like generic Wilson Phillips FM radio, but I'm not out here declaring it's "filler" and acting like everyone else doesn't have a clue.
You did say the others couldn’t have finished Mirage or Tango without him. I was just looking at his contributions to those albums.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2023, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I mean, you have to appreciate the humor of Lindsey demanding more creative control of the recording process, they give it to him, he takes considerably more time tweaking and adding extraneous parts while boxing them out, and then bitches about how they were just partying. Like, what the hell else were they going to do while sitting around for days on end?!? The longest project I was ever involved with in the studio was nine days. The overdubs were brutal. Luckily, there was a lot of alcohol.

WYWH is a masterpiece compared to the other schlock you mentioned. I would have loved a live version. At least the piano intro lived on with Silver Springs.

And, yet, Christine, who also showed up, didn’t have any filler. Even “Mystified” has a charming, clever retro vibe.

And, that’s maybe the perfect snapshot of the crux. The creative visionary said he had 60 songs ready to record and he went with “Family Man” and “You & I, pt. II.”

ETA: And then he disappeared for five years, making fewer public appearances than Punxsutawney Phil.
I can only imagine the hatred Lindsey would have endured back in 1987 when he left FM, not to mention the accusations of being dried up because of the lack of material being released afterward. Maybe he just needed a break, but I suspect others wouldn’t have been so kind.

Tango is usually hailed as being good because of Lindsey’s work and production, to which I say, then what about When I See You Again and Family Man? Call Big Love, Little Lies, Everywhere, Seven Wonders, and Isn’t It Midnight excellent (which I do) but then throw in WISYA, FM, and maybe even Welcome to the Room (which I think usually gets a pass because once we learned it was about her stint in rehab, it kind of made sense), and Lindsey should get as much blame as he gets credit.

Something I have always wondered about, ever since I read someone’s firsthand account of being at the MTV taping of the Dance, was how the intro to Wish You Were Here is pretty much lifted from Silver Springs. I remember the guy wrote he and his friend thought they were going to perform WYWH when they started the opening riff and were shocked when Stevie started singing SS. I mean, was it unintentional on Christine’s part, or a subconscious swipe? Was Christine inspired by SS? I actually think it’s cool, that they sound so much alike at first, just wondering how that might have came to be.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Christine had the least by far of the three.
Exactly. She had NO filler IMHO.
Only Over You and Wish You Were Here are great songs!
Old 01-26-2023, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Exactly. She had NO filler IMHO.
Only Over You and Wish You Were Here are great songs!
The only embarrassing song she did was “Ricky,” but why be judgy about a b-side? (And, it’s still better than the songs Stevie wrote for TITN.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2023, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
The only embarrassing song she did was “Ricky,” but why be judgy about a b-side? (And, it’s still better than the songs Stevie wrote for TITN.)
If Ricky and One More Lonely Night are your worst songs, she brought her A game every time!
Seriously. She had no bad songs. They all had meaning, a good melody, great lyrics and full of love.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I can only imagine the hatred Lindsey would have endured back in 1987 when he left FM, not to mention the accusations of being dried up because of the lack of material being released afterward. Maybe he just needed a break, but I suspect others wouldn’t have been so kind.

Tango is usually hailed as being good because of Lindsey’s work and production, to which I say, then what about When I See You Again and Family Man? Call Big Love, Little Lies, Everywhere, Seven Wonders, and Isn’t It Midnight excellent (which I do) but then throw in WISYA, FM, and maybe even Welcome to the Room (which I think usually gets a pass because once we learned it was about her stint in rehab, it kind of made sense), and Lindsey should get as much blame as he gets credit.

Something I have always wondered about, ever since I read someone’s firsthand account of being at the MTV taping of the Dance, was how the intro to Wish You Were Here is pretty much lifted from Silver Springs. I remember the guy wrote he and his friend thought they were going to perform WYWH when they started the opening riff and were shocked when Stevie started singing SS. I mean, was it unintentional on Christine’s part, or a subconscious swipe? Was Christine inspired by SS? I actually think it’s cool, that they sound so much alike at first, just wondering how that might have came to be.
Ya’ll need to make up your mind. One minute we’re bashing Lindsey for being demanding in the studio and now we’re pointing the finger because he couldn’t save WISYA. Oh how could I forget, he’s also responsible for the band fracturing. Hmm k.
Old 01-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey did step away for several years to make OOTC. Stevie did the same and emerged with Street Angel!
Old 01-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ya’ll need to make up your mind. One minute we’re bashing Lindsey for being demanding in the studio and now we’re pointing the finger because he couldn’t save WISYA. Oh how could I forget, he’s also responsible for the band fracturing. Hmm k.
I don’t blame Lindsey for being demanding. I do blame him for not letting the band play on all of his songs on Tusk and Tango, though. Who else would I blame? But I’m not mad about it and besides, they let him do it. Not sure what you mean about Lindsey fracturing the band, but he did quit in 1987, so that would certainly count as fracturing the band to me.
Old 01-26-2023, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love When I See You Again. When I hear The Second Time, I feel so depressed!