User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Does this surprise anyone? The NY Post is anti NY Times. Everything the Times says, the Post automatically says the opposite. The Post is also famous for going after celebrities in negative ways. When Lindsey called Stevie and the band members Trump and the rest of the republicans.....that was the cue to the Post to go after Buckingham. Its just the sad reality. Howard Stern had Trump on his show more than anything. They even hung out together. Trump asked Stern to introduce him at the GOP convention and Stern declined and voted for Hillary and attacked Trump for his Covid response. The Post started writing hit pieces against Stern weekly. Its all so Jr High. Just remember the Post is a tabloid and not real news. If Lindsey praised Trump in some way, they would have bashed Stevie. Its pathetic the way this world works these days.
Thank you for doing that! I have seen that unauthorized biography cited in more than one article of late. Drives me nuts! I suppose they are going for clicks though, and in this day and age, it seems an article like this will get them. I don’t think the NYT is quite the reputable source it was once considered to be though. I have suspected it would only be a matter of time before they tried to me-too LB. Doesn’t seem like this will be a successful effort though. The article is too hectic and amateurish, was my thought after reading it a few days ago.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-13-2021 at 11:05 PM..
Old 09-14-2021, 11:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Let's not also forget that Stevie has a powerful publicist who could easily plant stories in the NY Post -- it's not that hard to do. Same with Irving Azoff. It seems to me that the NY Post could easily have been tipped by someone wanting a nasty article about Lindsey to come out. The fact that Vanessa Carlton has tweeted about these allegations on multiple occasions makes me believe this is coming from Stevie's camp.

As for the facts -- Lindsey's history is problematic. There are multiple accounts of physically violent incidents with women that have been recounted by multiple people close to the band, and for me there's enough there to believe that it happened. By all accounts he has done the work to change himself and is not drinking/drugging as was the case when the violent incidents allegedly. I have not heard any account of whether this conduct occurred between him and Stevie that has convinced me, but she has a right not to want to work with him for this reason, any reason or no reason at all. However, to the extent that she and/or her camp are using these allegations to take him down to save her reputation though, it strikes me as especially nasty. Sadly, this stuff is alway going to be somewhat of a ticking time bomb for Lindsey, so one wonders if the intent is to try to get him to back off by scaring him.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Let's not also forget that Stevie has a powerful publicist who could easily plant stories in the NY Post -- it's not that hard to do. Same with Irving Azoff. It seems to me that the NY Post could easily have been tipped by someone wanting a nasty article about Lindsey to come out. The fact that Vanessa Carlton has tweeted about these allegations on multiple occasions makes me believe this is coming from Stevie's camp.

As for the facts -- Lindsey's history is problematic. There are multiple accounts of physically violent incidents with women that have been recounted by multiple people close to the band, and for me there's enough there to believe that it happened. By all accounts he has done the work to change himself and is not drinking/drugging as was the case when the violent incidents allegedly. I have not heard any account of whether this conduct occurred between him and Stevie that has convinced me, but she has a right not to want to work with him for this reason, any reason or no reason at all. However, to the extent that she and/or her camp are using these allegations to take him down to save her reputation though, it strikes me as especially nasty. Sadly, this stuff is alway going to be somewhat of a ticking time bomb for Lindsey, so one wonders if the intent is to try to get him to back off by scaring him.
Agree.

She said in her statement that the Music Cares event was "exceedingly difficult" interaction with him... wtf does that even mean? It's so vague that it's useless.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

oddly enough, they've got their arms wrapped around each other here.

https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/ne...?adppopup=true
Old 09-14-2021, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
oddly enough, they've got their arms wrapped around each other here.

https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/ne...?adppopup=true
more accurately, her arms wrapped around his.
His arms are to himself with his hands clasped in front of him. This is all her.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
His arms are to himself with his hands clasped in front of him. This is all her.
But she's a VICTIM of this mean, mean man!

She owes him everything. Without him, she'd be some retired waitress, living on $700/ month social security.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to Stevie worshippers, she can't be taken seriously here because it's performance.
It's Lindsey's fault for having his arm in between her wrists.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still want to know WTF happened at music cares. In that recent podcast he still didn’t reveal all that happened. The smirking issue is well known and early reports stated there was an issue about what song they were going to walk out to. I’d wish he would clear the air and tell all the details.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still want to know WTF happened at music cares. In that recent podcast he still didn’t reveal all that happened. The smirking issue is well known and early reports stated there was an issue about what song they were going to walk out to. I’d wish he would clear the air and tell all the details.
The breaking point was probably reached backstage off camera.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
The breaking point was probably reached backstage off camera.
yes, off stage.

But it would be interesting to know what it was... in her statement she described it as an "exceedingly difficult time with Lindsey at Music Cares"

I mean, I think we would all not be surprised at them having a "difficult" time with each other anywhere....but "exceedingly" so??
Old 09-14-2021, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Makes me wonder if it had to do with Harry Styles performing with them and neither Lindsey or Stevie want to drag him into it. Who knows.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Makes me wonder if it had to do with Harry Styles performing with them and neither Lindsey or Stevie want to drag him into it. Who knows.
I always thought that was a weird thing to do having him on stage with them and clearly it screams of Stevie.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We know Harry is managed by Irving, so it makes me wonder how much of the Harry Styles inclusion was decided by Irving and Stevie and not so much the rest of the band.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We know Harry is managed by Irving, so it makes me wonder how much of the Harry Styles inclusion was decided by Irving and Stevie and not so much the rest of the band.
Same with Vanessa Carlton. At some point they had the same manager and they used Stevie to give Vanessa higher visibility and used Vanessa to give Stevie more cred or whatever with a younger demographic.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Same with Vanessa Carlton. At some point they had the same manager and they used Stevie to give Vanessa higher visibility and used Vanessa to give Stevie more cred or whatever with a younger demographic.
Serious question - was Vanessa Carlton ever someone who would’ve helped give cred with the younger crowd to an aging rock star like Nicks? I mean seriously, her star level was never great was it? I speak as someone exactly Vanessa’s age. I asked before if her 15 minutes weren’t up already but I’d really have to challenge if she ever had it in the first place. Her songs are largely generic forgettable junk IMO.