The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard 'Without You' (the EP version) in a ladies clothes store here in Brisbane. I was totally blown away.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
Oh if only you knew the **** that went on at that place....haha 99s is a pretty decent place. You're lucky though, they never played any Stevie solo stuff at unos
haha...well that's the restaurant biz for yah...always nonsense and drama going on! I actually recently heard a HORRENDOUS version of Rhiannon at the Outback a few weeks ago. I can't even tell you who covered it...usually I use my Shazam app but it was so bad I refused. Anyone know of this garbage?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Ledgie

Wait I just searched for it on ITunes...pretty sure its by some chick or band named Res....horrendous.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
haha...well that's the restaurant biz for yah...always nonsense and drama going on!
Not to mention all the good natured sexual harassment lol!

Quote:
I actually recently heard a HORRENDOUS version of Rhiannon at the Outback a few weeks ago. I can't even tell you who covered it...usually I use my Shazam app but it was so bad I refused. Anyone know of this garbage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Wait I just searched for it on ITunes...pretty sure its by some chick or band named Res....horrendous.
It was probably off that Gawdawful tribute album. Honestly there were 2good songs on there: Haim's version of Hold Me, and Lee Ranaldo and J Mascis's Albatross effort. Had higher expectations for MGMT especially since they covered "Future Games" but was severely disappointed.

I usually don't cringe at covers...but when you take away a songs dignity and turn it into hipster mumbo jumbo...count me out. lol
Old 11-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Say You Will at my favorite Mexican restaurant! Very nice treat
I just heard SYW waltzing through Lowe's Department Store earlier tonight. I was a bit miffed when the over head loudspeaker was interrupted with the store operator announcing a phone call for the flooring department.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Ledgie

I was in a London Pizza Hut last weekend and just as we were walking out, Stop Draggin' My Heart Around by Stevie and Tom Petty came on. I'll just say that I did NOT want to leave.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In Rite Aid yesterday I heard Dreams then a few minutes later Got A Hold On Me.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was driving with my kids (teens) and on the classic rock station that we were listening to (I had to exercise my right as the driver to get it on that station), Dreams played. Yippee. When it was over, they changed the channel and Go Your Own Way was playing. Double Yippee. They were stunned.

Also, when i was a teenager, we always spent our whole summers at the lake. During the summer of 1977, whenever Go Your Own Way would come on the radio, the speakers which were aimed out the cottage window would get turned up full blast, and all the water skiiers would dance on the rock, in the boat or on the dock--all in the hot summer sun!! Blissful.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was just having a little Coronation Street marathon & I heard Little Lies playing in the pub in the background.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Ledgie

At the end of Tuesday's episode of NCIS Los Angeles there was a cover of "Landslide" which wasn't that bad.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
Was just having a little Coronation Street marathon & I heard Little Lies playing in the pub in the background.
The uk soaps seem to love the Mac, iv often heard rumors and TITN songs playing in the rovers and the Vic!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
The uk soaps seem to love the Mac, iv often heard rumors and TITN songs playing in the rovers and the Vic!
Now that you mention it, the Mac appeared on last night's episode of EastEnders. One of the characters was leaving Walford for good and as they were walking past the Vic, Go Your Own Way was playing. Well isn't that ironic?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally random reference in this song. Made me smile so much!

Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At 3.30 am last night, still wide awake & flicking through TV stations i think it was Landline on the ABC. the program was about a small timber cutting business in Tasmania Australia, the old guy explained his process of making Drum kits, starting with old hollow hardwood trees it was all pretty interesting. At the end of the program they showed the finished product, a beautifully crafted drum kit without mentioning their name but showed a full screen live shot of Fleetwood Mac.... So there ya go, we now know where Mick gets his drums from..
Old 01-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Ledgie

A friend of mine said he went into a framing shop to find a frame for a painting he acquired and the Mac was playing in there. He noticed that the two young girls (he estimated at being in their mid twenties) at the counter were REALLY grooving on it too!