The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Live Album Reissue (April 9, 2021)

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere!

An account I follow on Instagram (@fleetwoodmacnews) just announced that WEA is planning on reissuing the 1980 Live Album on April 9th, 2021. I can't find any articles about it anywhere else, but in case anyone was interested these were the details they leaked:

Remastered, deluxe edition box set including 2LPs, 3CDs and a 7" vinyl single (presumably Fireflies)

If it's true I'm super excited! I love the live album so improved sound quality would be amazing. Also the original CD release is only 2 CDs right? I wonder what will be on the third CD. Maybe some cut live tracks like The Chain, You Make Loving Fun, or Sisters of the Moon? Or maybe some live tracks from later albums that never made it to CD like Brown Eyes, Isn't it Midnight or Seven Wonders.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's an interesting choice to do a live album. I'm looking forward to this.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-09-2021, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’d throw the entire band under a bus for the opportunity to have an expanded or deluxe Live 1980 album.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

OMG this is too good to be true. An extra CD. OMG My mind races with the possibilities.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why are they reissuing Live 1980 when they just did a tour with a new lineup? I thought Lindsey was being redacted from their future releases.

They could've had a live album of the 2018 Tour with Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, and Free Fallin'.

Maybe the third disc is new recordings of FM classics with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Maybe the third disc is new recordings of FM classics with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell!
I seriously doubt they'd screw with the Rumours legacy on doing this.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why are they reissuing Live 1980 when they just did a tour with a new lineup? I thought Lindsey was being redacted from their future releases.

They could've had a live album of the 2018 Tour with Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, and Free Fallin'.

Oh no no no no no no don't give them ANY ideas!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Likewise. But would it be a total shock if they did pull something from that dumb 2018 tour? Not the cover song garbage, but would they include Stevie's blah take on Black Magic Woman, Tell Me All The Things You Do, or Hypnotized? I would certainly hope not and I think Mick would try hard to continue capitalizing off the Rumours 5 and not taint it.
Old 02-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Journey did it for their first album with their new lineup in 2008. Do you know who their boss was?
Old 02-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This will probably only be a 75-80 live comp, just like it always was. The extra disc will probably be full of the hits/standards that should have been on there instead of painfully long songs like O&O, NTF, and NGBA. Think About Me, YMLF, an early Tusk, and SHN would have been way better choices.

If they were to ever release any live stuff from the 18-19 tour, it would be on its own, maybe with that Neil-Stevie duet thrown in.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2021, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This will probably only be a 75-80 live comp, just like it always was. The extra disc will probably be full of the hits/standards that should have been on there instead of painfully long songs like O&O, NTF, and NGBA. Think About Me, YMLF, an early Tusk, and SHN would have been way better choices.

If they were to ever release any live stuff from the 18-19 tour, it would be on its own, maybe with that Neil-Stevie duet thrown in.
I would've liked another take of Fireflies if it exists.

By the Neil-Stevie duet, do you mean the Find Your Way Home one with Christine? I think if they were going to include something that they didn't do on that tour, it would be two newly recorded songs. Life Def Leppard did with MirrorBall.

If they did release an Live 2018-2019, that would be released 2023 earliest
Old 02-09-2021, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would be foolish to tack on a third disc of stuff from 2018 or even 2014. Talk about inviting folks to compare you to your glory days. “While the first two discs clearly highlights the band at the height of their success, the glossiness fades on disc three. It’s evident keys have been lowered for everyone and the ever present army of backing musicians is a stark contrast to the rest of the set”

I hope that third disc is all tusk era related tracks.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Third Disc

It will likely be tracks that were already included on the Tusk Super Deluxe release. The version of The Chain from Wembley is my favorite and would not surprise me if it were included.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Journey did it for their first album with their new lineup in 2008. Do you know who their boss was?
Yes, but Arnel is truly LOVED by many for his Cinderella story. I think he's an exception to the rule.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but Arnel is truly LOVED by many for his Cinderella story. I think he's an exception to the rule.
I almost had a chance to meet him at a Christmas party last December but then the Bay area went back into lockdown. I was going to request "Don't Stop Believing " at the karaoke machine.