Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy birthday wishes for skcin

I hope you have the best of days and the greatest year yet, Paula!

One of the finest members. Always generous with show review/recaps and photos. Always polite and kind.

Cheers!
Old 04-21-2021, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm VERY doubtful she'll ever she this. I've not seen her here for YEEEAAARRRSSS now.

There was an old school Ledge class that left here around 2007(the great Ledge implosion of 2007). I left too in 2007, and eventually came back. Most didn't.

Actually, I just looked. She last posted 5 years ago.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm VERY doubtful she'll ever she this. I've not seen her here for YEEEAAARRRSSS now.

There was an old school Ledge class that left here around 2007(the great Ledge implosion of 2007). I left too in 2007, and eventually came back. Most didn't.

Actually, I just looked. She last posted 5 years ago.
How long ago was it that we had to pay a membership or dues here? I think it was $5 or $6.

Well thanks for the encouragement... I'll be sure to make a thread for your birthday

Gift card to the used media store to buy out all the SYW and BTM copies!
Old 04-21-2021, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
How long ago was it that we had to pay a membership or dues here? I think it was $5 or $6.

Well thanks for the encouragement... I'll be sure to make a thread for your birthday

Gift card to the used media store to buy out all the SYW and BTM copies!
I've been here for 18 years, and there's not been a required membership fee since then. I actually lurked here for two years previous to that, but I thought people were too MEAN for me to join. Then I learned, "when in Rome"....

It seemed as though you were knocking on her door, waiting for her to come to the door and answer. I'm trying to save you tears of sadness.

Speaking of tears of sadness, which is the bigger turd, SYW or BTM? Or Time? I actually think Time is the best of the three, followed by BTM, with SYW bringing up the rear end. Because...

A FM album without Christine blows goats!

No, not that one!
Old 04-21-2021, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been here for 18 years, and there's not been a required membership fee since then. I actually lurked here for two years previous to that, but I thought people were too MEAN for me to join. Then I learned, "when in Rome"....

It seemed as though you were knocking on her door, waiting for her to come to the door and answer. I'm trying to save you tears of sadness.

Speaking of tears of sadness, which is the bigger turd, SYW or BTM? Or Time? I actually think Time is the best of the three, followed by BTM, with SYW bringing up the rear end. Because...

A FM album without Christine blows goats!

No, not that one!
Wow, I don't know why I recalled paying a small charge one time. That may've been another board.

I lurked during SYW years. Then finally enrolled during your dear $tevie's Gold Dust Tour.

You may remember the Lucky Charms Shirt from that tour
Old 04-21-2021, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, I don't know why I recalled paying a small charge one time. That may've been another board.

I lurked during SYW years. Then finally enrolled during your dear $tevie's Gold Dust Tour.

You may remember the Lucky Charms Shirt from that tour
There has always been "supporting Ledgie" status here, but it was never required, as far as I know.

I guess I was just MUCH more shy back then, because I was afraid I couldn't hack it here, because it was very much more so clique-y back then(this was pre facebook times - so this was our FB. The Chit Chat forum was on fire back then). After the implosion, there were several other private boards that began, and I was on a couple of those for a few years. They eventually got SO MEAN(the boards existed for degrading members here- in private there), that I left and came back here. It was funny for a while, until it wasn't...

Hmm, $tevie Gold Dust Tour? Never heard of it!

Wild Heart is the only $tevie tour I ever saw. $he could still sing back then.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There has always been "supporting Ledgie" status here, but it was never required, as far as I know.

I guess I was just MUCH more shy back then, because I was afraid I couldn't hack it here, because it was very much more so clique-y back then(this was pre facebook times - so this was our FB. The Chit Chat forum was on fire back then). After the implosion, there were several other private boards that began, and I was on a couple of those for a few years. They eventually got SO MEAN(the boards existed for degrading members here- in private there), that I left and came back here. It was funny for a while, until it wasn't...
I was on sevenwondersonline, I think. Maybe there was another one... bn.net?

TL is the last one standing, right?
Old 04-21-2021, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was on sevenwondersonline, I think. Maybe there was another one... bn.net?

TL is the last one standing, right?
I was on Seven Wonders, too. It was awful though. If you said anything bad about $tevie, THEY BANNED YOU.

They asked me to be a mod!!!! I passed!

Seven Wonders began because the Ledge went down for several days(some tech issue). There was tons of pre FB traffic here back then, and people were freaking out with withdrawals, so someone started SW.

The other boards(that I was on) were private message boards. Invitation only. Mostly disgruntled former Ledgies. Maybe 30 members on each one. One followed the other because a mole was discovered in the first one, who was sharing our posts with outsiders. So that board was closed, and the second one started.