The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2022, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t hate “Oh Daddy,” but it’s hardly one of her seven best songs. I wouldn’t even say it’s one of her ten best songs from the Rumours era. Either “Everywhere” or “Hold Me” should have been on the list at a minimum. Even “Isn’t It Midnight” would have been a better album track for the list.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-14-2022, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie even said that Oh Daddy is her favorite Chris track (take note bwboy). It makes me put on my Oh Daddy shawl and spin around the room.
In all seriousness, I could swear someone here once said that Stevie said in a fan interview that her favorite Christine song was You Make Loving Fun. Of course she could have said both things in the past.
Old 07-14-2022, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all seriousness, I could swear someone here once said that Stevie said in a fan interview that her favorite Christine song was You Make Loving Fun. Of course she could have said both things in the past.
On more than one occasion, she has definitely said “Oh Daddy” is her favorite. In one interview, she emphatically claims it has always been her favorite.

On a related note, both Christine and Stevie credit Stevie with the line: “and I can’t walk away from you baby if I tried.” Sadly, the line is ungrammatical. Alternatives would be: “and I couldn’t walk away from you, baby if I tried” (which is rhythmically off) or “and I can’t walk away from you, even though I’ve tried” (which is a bit prosy).

If you listen to the Rumours deluxe, an early version of “Oh Daddy” has Christine’s original, less memorable but fully grammatical line. (I can’t recall it in full right now, but it ends with “through the night.”).
Old 07-14-2022, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Well, okay, sure. A room sounds fun.

But I didn’t know I had apologized for anything. I mean I can if someone wants me to. I’m accommodating.
A few glasses of wine, and I'm always....accommodating.
Old 07-14-2022, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just like the country is divided into red and blue states. There are Oh Daddy states and non-Oh Daddy states. I want to live in an Oh Daddy state.

I can sympathize with those in the non-Oh Daddy states. I used to live there many years ago. I just moved up and now have a movie star view.
Its never too late to rediscover old songs. I used to not like Only Over You either. I cherish that song now.
You're quite full of yourself. Have I ever told you that?
Old 07-14-2022, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh go hug a goat!
I'm allergic to penicillin, so that might be a bad idea, on a goat with that many miles.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-15-2022 at 07:29 AM..
Old 07-15-2022, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Stevie was asked point blank on the MTV show fanatic her favorite Lindsey and Christine songs. She said Oh Daddy because it was so "magical, mystical Tibet kind of thing" I get what she is saying and likes it for the reason that I do....the music. The singing and lyrics are somber and I notice for the most part her somber songs often get left out of consideration because people are so used to her peppy love songs.
Stevie was caught off guard by the question and could not name a favorite Lindsey song and looked confused. The interviewer (fan) then threw her a lifeline and offered maybe Stephanie and then Stevie said that was her favorite Lindsey song

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-15-2022 at 05:22 AM..
Old 07-15-2022, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're quite full of yourself. Have I ever told you that?
You and Mike Pence are free to go live in an non-Oh Daddy state and leave the rest of us REAL fans alone.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie was asked point blank on the MTV show fanatic her favorite Lindsey and Christine songs. She said Oh Daddy because it was so "magical, mystical Tibet kind of thing" I get what she is saying and likes it for the reason that I do....the music. The singing and lyrics are somber and I notice for the most part her somber songs often get left out of consideration because people are so used to her peppy love songs.
Stevie was caught off guard by the question and could not name a favorite Lindsey song and looked confused. The interviewer (fan) then threw her a lifeline and offered maybe Stephanie and then Stevie said that was her favorite Lindsey song
Thanks for the correction. I’m sure you’re right and I misremembered what was written. Perhaps I was in denial lol. Still, that was a cool question. I’d be curious to find out which songs John and Mick like and dislike to perform live.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I’m sure you’re right and I misremembered what was written. Perhaps I was in denial lol. Still, that was a cool question. I’d be curious to find out which songs John and Mick like and dislike to perform live.
This is cut and pasted from the NicksFix transcribed from the Fanatic episode:

Elena: Um, if you had to pick a favorite song by Christine and one by Lindsey, which ones would you pick and why?

Stevie: Um. Christine. My favorite song of Christine's is a song called "Oh Daddy". That was written about Mick, when he was going through his divorce with his children and everything, and it was very, kind of a sad, sad time, you know. And that song to me is very Chinese-Tibetan... You know. It has all that ah, kind of mystic thing. And I think that the melody is the most beautiful, that she's written. And I also love doing that on stage. Um, for Lindsey, my favorite song...(big sigh) well I'm kinda, I'm gonna have to think about this one for a minute.

Elena: That's O.K. (laughs)
Old 07-15-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
This is cut and pasted from the NicksFix transcribed from the Fanatic episode:

Elena: Um, if you had to pick a favorite song by Christine and one by Lindsey, which ones would you pick and why?

Stevie: Um. Christine. My favorite song of Christine's is a song called "Oh Daddy". That was written about Mick, when he was going through his divorce with his children and everything, and it was very, kind of a sad, sad time, you know. And that song to me is very Chinese-Tibetan... You know. It has all that ah, kind of mystic thing. And I think that the melody is the most beautiful, that she's written. And I also love doing that on stage. Um, for Lindsey, my favorite song...(big sigh) well I'm kinda, I'm gonna have to think about this one for a minute.

Elena: That's O.K. (laughs)
When was this interview?
Old 07-15-2022, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You and Mike Pence are free to go live in an non-Oh Daddy state and leave the rest of us REAL fans alone.
You leave me and Mike alone...our love is REAL!!!!

Old 07-15-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You leave me and Mike alone...our love is REAL!!!!

And they charge more and more and more to see bulls*it.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When was this interview?
1998 during the Enchanted tour. The Fanatic interview that was posted online but now only the transcript I could find on the NicksFix. Remember the lesbian who was kicked out of her house and bought Stevie records to survive and Stevie just stared at her like a deer caught in the headlights and never comforted her. She asked a few good questions like what her favorite Chris and Lindsey songs are and what the Mac felt about doing her solo songs in their set.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie: “Um, for Lindsey, my favorite song… (big sigh) I’m gonna have to think about that one for a minute. Oh I know- I’m torn between Come and Not That Funny!”

Just kidding, I know Come was recorded long after 1998.