The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-06-2022, 05:11 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,943
Default Turning LBCM into Fleetwood Mac and why it wouldnít work.

I had a thought about a simple way they could have made LBCM into a 14 song Fleetwood Mac album.

Sleeping Around the Corner
Feel About You
Miss Fantasy
In My World
Red Sun
Without You
Love is Here to Stay
-
Too Far Gone
Lay Down for Free
Not Make Believe
Game of Pretend
On With the Show
Sad Angel
Carnival Begin

However, beyond not wanting to make new music, I think Stevie doesnít want to perform new music. I think sheís committed to the vault thing. It suited her 24KG and Fleetwood Mac 2018 tours well. Given that Lindsey and Christine wanted to play the new songs, there would have been a major locking of horns at some point.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 06-06-2022, 08:09 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,500
Default

Are "Not Make Believe" and "Without You" the only two Stevie-penned songs you've included, or am I missing one? I assume there needs to be at least three Stevie-penned songs for it to have been viable as a BN-FM effort.

Also "Not Make Believe" was already recorded and released in 2003, so that seems an unlikely inclusion.

But I like the idea of replacing Extended Play with a full BN-FM album. And have it be recorded and released back in like 2008 or so for that matter (by Stevie making a more concerted effort to lure Chris out of retirement).
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-06-2022, 08:37 PM
bwboy's Avatar
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, beyond not wanting to make new music, I think Stevie doesnít want to perform new music. I think sheís committed to the vault thing. It suited her 24KG and Fleetwood Mac 2018 tours well. Given that Lindsey and Christine wanted to play the new songs, there would have been a major locking of horns at some point.
I donít think performing new songs would have been an issue. Stevie sang on the new songs when FM toured for the EP and Say You Will, and she sang new songs (to her, anyway) on the last FM tour. All Over Again, Black Magic Woman, and Donít Dream Itís Over were new songs for her. Singing the songs live isnít the problem for StevieÖ itís getting her to record the music in the studio thatís the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-2022, 04:42 AM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 7,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Are "Not Make Believe" and "Without You" the only two Stevie-penned songs you've included, or am I missing one? I assume there needs to be at least three Stevie-penned songs for it to have been viable as a BN-FM effort.

Also "Not Make Believe" was already recorded and released in 2003, so that seems an unlikely inclusion.
It would have been the 2003 recording, maybe with Christine dubbed on it.

The original idea was to add the two bonus tracks from the SYW Deluxe Edition and have “It Takes Time” and “Love Minus Zero/No Limit” as the ending songs of side one and two, respectively, when I came up with it, but it felt more like a band effort without them. They didn’t add anything to make it feel like a group effort.

The goal was to have Stevie in the mix on the album without having to involve her in the recording process. As for number of songs penned by someone, Lindsey only penned 2.5 songs on the white Fleetwood Mac album and Stevie only penned two songs on TITN.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.



THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-07-2022, 04:55 AM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie only penned two songs on TITN.
You wouldn't say that to Emmaline!


Sure, Christine would be a good inclusion on NMB, mixed in with Lindsey's backing vocals.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-07-2022, 06:21 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It suited her 24KG and Fleetwood Mac 2018 tours well.
What songs of hers from the vault did she sing in 2018?

I agree she doesn't want to sing new songs. She's not singing her most recent song, STTW, or any songs from her last album 24 Karat Gold on this year's tour.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-07-2022, 06:58 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,657
Default

I am having trouble grasping this concept. Buck/Vie was Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I would take issue with your point with Buck/Vie wanting to record new music and Stevie didnt want to. I take issue with it because its based on Stevie's false statement. She made excuses for not wanting to join Lindsey and the band in the studio. She records older songs because she probably does not write as much and her older songs may be better. Everything Stevie said during this time was false. Remember when she did not want to record with the Mac because new music did not sell? Yet she is recording In Your Dreams and 24K Gold in the same era.
Having said all that, I wish Stevie would have showed up and recorded with the Mac. Its crazy that you have to go all the way back to Mirage for a true cohesive studio album from these 5. But I am extremely pleased the band "played on" and recorded anyway. This decision eventually was the beginning of the end for the band. Stevie was no longer able to hold the band hostage. They should have called it Fleetwood Mac but already knew she was pissed they went on without her. Sure enough that was the final straw for her and she demanded Lindsey get fired. So I would have to disagree. The 4 sounded great on Buck/Vie and they should do it again. It works perfectly. Sorry Steve
No other band would do this. If the Eagles recorded an album without one member, its still the Eagles. Why would Fleetwood Mac be any different. Contrary to popular belief but Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-07-2022 at 08:00 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-07-2022, 06:07 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sure enough tContrary to popular belief but Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac.
OH my God!! YOU TAKE THAT BACK!! Her fans alone will come get ya.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-07-2022, 06:29 PM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

No other band would do this. If the Eagles recorded an album without one member, its still the Eagles. Why would Fleetwood Mac be any different. Contrary to popular belief but Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac.
I agree 100% it should have been titled Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey also could have added Christine to Miss Fantasy and Sad Angel and leave Without You as is and it could have been a 13 track album. Stevie ďis on itĒ
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-08-2022, 01:33 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 14,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am having trouble grasping this concept. Buck/Vie was Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I would take issue with your point with Buck/Vie wanting to record new music and Stevie didnt want to. I take issue with it because its based on Stevie's false statement. She made excuses for not wanting to join Lindsey and the band in the studio. She records older songs because she probably does not write as much and her older songs may be better. Everything Stevie said during this time was false. Remember when she did not want to record with the Mac because new music did not sell? Yet she is recording In Your Dreams and 24K Gold in the same era.
Having said all that, I wish Stevie would have showed up and recorded with the Mac. Its crazy that you have to go all the way back to Mirage for a true cohesive studio album from these 5. But I am extremely pleased the band "played on" and recorded anyway. This decision eventually was the beginning of the end for the band. Stevie was no longer able to hold the band hostage. They should have called it Fleetwood Mac but already knew she was pissed they went on without her. Sure enough that was the final straw for her and she demanded Lindsey get fired. So I would have to disagree. The 4 sounded great on Buck/Vie and they should do it again. It works perfectly. Sorry Steve
No other band would do this. If the Eagles recorded an album without one member, its still the Eagles. Why would Fleetwood Mac be any different. Contrary to popular belief but Stevie Nicks is NOT Fleetwood Mac.
You're usually a slight PIMA, but I agree with all of this. I'll expect differently from you tomorrow. It's too bad the world thinks that the Old Goat IS FM. We know differently, but it's futile trying to convince the world. BuckVie was my perfect ending to MY band.

BUT, The Eagles would never record without Don or Glenn(well, they have no choice now with Glenn). But their recipe has been the same forever. Don and Glenn split 80-90%, and Tim and Joe get 1-2 songs each. Face it, that's a recipe for their success. They're done, too. And who can blame any of them at this age?
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-08-2022, 06:43 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You're usually a slight PIMA, but I agree with all of this. I'll expect differently from you tomorrow. It's too bad the world thinks that the Old Goat IS FM. We know differently, but it's futile trying to convince the world. BuckVie was my perfect ending to MY band.

BUT, The Eagles would never record without Don or Glenn(well, they have no choice now with Glenn). But their recipe has been the same forever. Don and Glenn split 80-90%, and Tim and Joe get 1-2 songs each. Face it, that's a recipe for their success. They're done, too. And who can blame any of them at this age?
Hate the game, not the player.
Forgive me but I thought you were a big Eagles fan. The Eagles DID record without Felder. In 2007 the Eagles released Long Road Out Of Eden which Felder did not participate. The album debuted at #1 in the United States and knocked Brittany Spears out of the top notch.
I will take Eagles trivia for $1000 Alex.


True or False........you don't consider this music the Eagles? Are you equating Stevie Nicks with Don Felder? I think the chiffon is a bit too tight on your head. Loosen the knot.


Edit: Ok after I wrote this masterpiece, I realize now you mean Don Henley and not Don Felder However, the point is the same. The Eagles perform live without Felder and without Frey. The Mac clearly does not have the fan base the Eagles have because most people that go to their shows are there for Stevie. If Frey was still alive and he and Henley did a duo album together and toured and played all the Eagles hits, they would pack arenas. 2 singers of Fleetwood Mac record and tour together and play the Mac hits and cant even fill small theaters. Sad but true
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-08-2022 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-08-2022, 06:57 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Hate the game, not the player.
Forgive me but I thought you were a big Eagles fan. The Eagles DID record without Felder. In 2007 the Eagles released Long Road Out Of Eden which Felder did not participate. The album debuted at #1 in the United States and knocked Brittany Spears out of the top notch.
I will take Eagles trivia for $1000 Alex.


True or False........you don't consider this music the Eagles? Are you equating Stevie Nicks with Don Felder? I think the chiffon is a bit too tight on your head. Loosen the knot.


Edit: Ok after I wrote this masterpiece, I realize now you mean Don Henley and not Don Felder However, the point is the same. The Eagles perform live without Felder and without Frey. The Mac clearly does not have the fan base the Eagles have because most people that go to their shows are there for Stevie. If Frey was still alive and he and Henley did a duo album together and toured and played all the Eagles hits, they would pack arenas. 2 singers of Fleetwood Mac record and tour together and play the Mac hits and cant even fill small theaters. Sad but true
Henley actually did theaters and smaller amphitheaters on his most recent solo tours. He did an arena for his 70th birthday but it was advertised as Don and Friends (Stevie showed up)

I think on Frey's last solo tour, he did theaters as well.

It's the Eagles name but also Don being in the band. Frey's deceased but Eagles still play four nights at Madison Square Garden. I don't believe it's mainly Vince Gill fans buying the tickets.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-08-2022, 07:05 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Henley actually did theaters and smaller amphitheaters on his most recent solo tours. He did an arena for his 70th birthday but it was advertised as Don and Friends (Stevie showed up)

I think on Frey's last solo tour, he did theaters as well.

It's the Eagles name but also Don being in the band. Frey's deceased but Eagles still play four nights at Madison Square Garden. I don't believe it's mainly Vince Gill fans buying the tickets.
Yes it is the Eagles name. Do you think the Fleetwood Mac name minus Stevie would pack the arenas like the Eagles? Even the band knows it would not happen thus bending at the will of Stevie. Do you really think Henely and Frey touring together would play to small theaters? It was not a fair analogy to divide their solo careers since I was talking about the Buck/Vie project.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-08-2022 at 07:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-08-2022, 10:12 AM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes it is the Eagles name. Do you think the Fleetwood Mac name minus Stevie would pack the arenas like the Eagles? Even the band knows it would not happen thus bending at the will of Stevie. Do you really think Henely and Frey touring together would play to small theaters? It was not a fair analogy to divide their solo careers since I was talking about the Buck/Vie project.
Eagles as a brand is for sure the selling point, but it only works still because Don Henley is there. A Henley/Frey tour would maybe sell out the sheds but no way they're selling out MSG or The Forum for multiple nights without EAGLES on the marquee.

As for Buckingham McVie - it was/is a Fleetwood Mac album. You make it one officially by literally changing the cover and the name of the artist. They should never have allowed Nicks refusing to take part as the reason for releasing it under the Buckingham McVie moniker. It was never going to sell a lot anyway whether it had FM or BM as the name, nor if Stevie participated or not. They went along with their BS story about releasing this duet album and that they never intended it to be Fleetwood Mac (despite it being recorded by 4/5 members of the band) to appease Stephanie and at the end of the day, she still was pissed and got Lindsey fired shortly thereafter anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-08-2022, 10:26 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Eagles as a brand is for sure the selling point, but it only works still because Don Henley is there. A Henley/Frey tour would maybe sell out the sheds but no way they're selling out MSG or The Forum for multiple nights without EAGLES on the marquee.

As for Buckingham McVie - it was/is a Fleetwood Mac album. You make it one officially by literally changing the cover and the name of the artist. They should never have allowed Nicks refusing to take part as the reason for releasing it under the Buckingham McVie moniker. It was never going to sell a lot anyway whether it had FM or BM as the name, nor if Stevie participated or not. They went along with their BS story about releasing this duet album and that they never intended it to be Fleetwood Mac (despite it being recorded by 4/5 members of the band) to appease Stephanie and at the end of the day, she still was pissed and got Lindsey fired shortly thereafter anyway.
Unless, and I think she and her mgmt. own enough of FMAC to call the shots. So there's that.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Mick Fleetwood : The Visitor CD picture

Mick Fleetwood : The Visitor CD

$14.86



Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$22.41



Mick Fleetwood & Stevie Nicks (2) Photo's #3 picture

Mick Fleetwood & Stevie Nicks (2) Photo's #3

$3.00



The Mick Fleetwood Story: Two Sticks And A Drum (DVD, 2002) picture

The Mick Fleetwood Story: Two Sticks And A Drum (DVD, 2002)

$7.19



My Twenty-Five Years in Fleetwood Mac - 9781562829360, Mick Fleetwood, hardcover picture

My Twenty-Five Years in Fleetwood Mac - 9781562829360, Mick Fleetwood, hardcover

$5.77




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved