Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2022, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Unless, and I think she and her mgmt. own enough of FMAC to call the shots. So there's that.
Gosh I want Lindsey to write a book someday so much. I know Mick or Chris would never dare reveal Stevie's tour proceeds cut and when it started. We know during Tango it existed but I want to know if the Mirage tour was not evenly split 5 ways. She was contractually obligated to record Mirage with the band. But the tour may have been the time Irving demanded a higher percentage since she was a big solo star.
I need to know these details please. The band was not getting along during Mirage. We hear stories how they all took separate limos to shoot the Hold Me video and no one really spoke to each other and was drunk and high all day.
I wish Lindsey would write a book. His Tango stories would be so juicy
Old 06-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes it is the Eagles name. Do you think the Fleetwood Mac name minus Stevie would pack the arenas like the Eagles? Even the band knows it would not happen thus bending at the will of Stevie. Do you really think Henely and Frey touring together would play to small theaters? It was not a fair analogy to divide their solo careers since I was talking about the Buck/Vie project.
I think a Henley and Frey tour would do summer amphitheaters. Henley plays the places Christine and Lindsey played as a duo and sells them out.
But I also think if Don and Glenn did a tour, they'd have called it Eagles even without Timothy and Joe
Old 06-08-2022, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hate the game, not the player.
Forgive me but I thought you were a big Eagles fan. The Eagles DID record without Felder. In 2007 the Eagles released Long Road Out Of Eden which Felder did not participate. The album debuted at #1 in the United States and knocked Brittany Spears out of the top notch.
I will take Eagles trivia for $1000 Alex.

True or False........you don't consider this music the Eagles? Are you equating Stevie Nicks with Don Felder? I think the chiffon is a bit too tight on your head. Loosen the knot.

Edit: Ok after I wrote this masterpiece, I realize now you mean Don Henley and not Don Felder However, the point is the same. The Eagles perform live without Felder and without Frey. The Mac clearly does not have the fan base the Eagles have because most people that go to their shows are there for Stevie. If Frey was still alive and he and Henley did a duo album together and toured and played all the Eagles hits, they would pack arenas. 2 singers of Fleetwood Mac record and tour together and play the Mac hits and cant even fill small theaters. Sad but true
Of COURSE I meant Henley, not Felder. Are you blond? And yes, I'm a huge Eagles fan.

LROOE is a pretty good album, but it suffers the same problem that SYW does. It's TOO F*CKING LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG. What is it with these geezers wanting to put out the longest album possible. Whatever happened to self editing? "LET'S PICK THE BEST 10 SONGS, AND GO WITH THAT!", said no geezer ever....

Hey, I was front row for BuckVie in Nashville. I can't help other people's lack of taste, and their preference for goat sounds.

I would never equate Don FELDER with $tevie. Don has TALENT. Lots of talent. I've always preferred him to Joe. His solos are infinitely more interesting.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Of COURSE I meant Henley, not Felder. Are you blond? And yes, I'm a huge Eagles fan.

LROOE is a pretty good album, but it suffers the same problem that SYW does. It's TOO F*CKING LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG. What is it with these geezers wanting to put out the longest album possible. Whatever happened to self editing? "LET'S PICK THE BEST 10 SONGS, AND GO WITH THAT!", said no geezer ever....

Hey, I was front row for BuckVie in Nashville. I can't help other people's lack of taste, and their preference for goat sounds.

I would never equate Don FELDER with $tevie. Don has TALENT. Lots of talent. I've always preferred him to Joe. His solos are infinitely more interesting.
Color me (Sable on) blonde

https://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/po...tevie-to-do-my

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-08-2022 at 02:02 PM..
Old 06-08-2022, 01:09 PM
Macfan4life
This message has been deleted by Macfan4life.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Nailed it - LROOE is like double the size it should be. It’s got way too much crappy fluff on it. The good stuff is really good though!

For his contribution to Hotel California alone, Felder should still be in Eagles. What I like about Frey and Henley is how they own their a-holeness. Imagine Stevie being involved in a Mac documentary like History of the Eagles and not mincing words about how she got Lindsey fired. And then allowing Lindsey to have his say in the same documentary. She would never because she has to always be portrayed as the victim. Glen and Don had zero fu**s to give if anyone thinks they’re jerks.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Unless, and I think she and her mgmt. own enough of FMAC to call the shots. So there's that.
Didn’t it kind of come out in Lindsey’s lawsuit that band “ownership” was never really firmed up? I know there were tour splits but who actually owns the band? I’d have to assume Mick and John would be able to truly claim half share ownership unless something was ever written to give shares to Chris or anyone else. Stevie still clearly calls the shots and has the influence but technically does she actually “own” anything?
Old 06-08-2022, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gosh I want Lindsey to write a book someday so much. I know Mick or Chris would never dare reveal Stevie's tour proceeds cut and when it started. We know during Tango it existed but I want to know if the Mirage tour was not evenly split 5 ways. She was contractually obligated to record Mirage with the band. But the tour may have been the time Irving demanded a higher percentage since she was a big solo star.
I need to know these details please. The band was not getting along during Mirage. We hear stories how they all took separate limos to shoot the Hold Me video and no one really spoke to each other and was drunk and high all day.
I wish Lindsey would write a book. His Tango stories would be so juicy
Would he ever? He’d have to give up his romantic notion of some regrouping to close out the work of art they built or whatever crap he’s spewing lately. A tell all would be a real gem. I always get the impression that Lindsey’s memory of specific events is likely much better than the others. It would also be full of big words and wordy passages about the cycles and demons and artistic integrity. But if you can cut through the Lindseyness his stories would be incredible.

On the contrary, a Stevie autobiography would be full of such inaccuracies that you couldn’t trust any of it. John wouldn’t care to do a book. Chris’s book would be like “i wrote love songs. I hated touring. I have a house. Piss off.” And we know what Mick does.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Nailed it - LROOE is like double the size it should be. It’s got way too much crappy fluff on it. The good stuff is really good though!

For his contribution to Hotel California alone, Felder should still be in Eagles. What I like about Frey and Henley is how they own their a-holeness. Imagine Stevie being involved in a Mac documentary like History of the Eagles and not mincing words about how she got Lindsey fired. And then allowing Lindsey to have his say in the same documentary. She would never because she has to always be portrayed as the victim. Glen and Don had zero fu**s to give if anyone thinks they’re jerks.
Absolutely he should still be in the Eagles. Just like Lindsey should be in FM. You CAN'T fire an integral member of the band,unless you're just a crazy, self absorbed b*tch.

I've become a much bigger Eagles fan over the past few years, and I've always tried to figure out who's the bigger As*hole, Don or Glenn? I've watched History of the Eagles a million times now. Don is pompous, but in most of the old footage, Glenn is just a first class PRICK. NOT LIKEABLE AT ALL. ~My personal take~ of it all is that Glenn was VERY jealous that Don became the STAR of the Eagles.....HIS band, and he never learned to deal with it. Glenn mellowed out in the later years, but I'd like to slug him in all of the old videos.
Old 06-08-2022, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Didn’t it kind of come out in Lindsey’s lawsuit that band “ownership” was never really firmed up? I know there were tour splits but who actually owns the band? I’d have to assume Mick and John would be able to truly claim half share ownership unless something was ever written to give shares to Chris or anyone else. Stevie still clearly calls the shots and has the influence but technically does she actually “own” anything?
The Eagles were all for one, and one for all, until Joe and Timothy came along. They were never full partners. Felder was the last full partner(thus causing his eventual firing - because he was demanding HIS SHARE[which he was legally due] of merch and the like). When Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left the band, they decided that 'all for one' wasn't a good scenario any longer, although I believe touring revenue was still split evenly...

Then when they reunited in 1994, Don and Glenn wanted the lion's share of the money. I've not read Felder's book for at least a decade now, but I think they cut the other 3 guys from 20% to 10%.

I DOUBT that FM was ever divided up, but who knows. EVERYONE knows now, that if $tevie ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. All $he has to do is say $he's not touring unless $he gets whatever percent, and they HAVE to do it, if they wanna put the asses in the seats. Satan, I mean Irving, makes her demands happen.
Old 06-09-2022, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I agree 100% it should have been titled Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey also could have added Christine to Miss Fantasy and Sad Angel and leave Without You as is and it could have been a 13 track album. Stevie “is on it”
Now that I'm thinking about it...the possibility of Christine singing a verse of Without You could of been fantastic. Her voice also could of softened the overall vocals on that track.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Absolutely he should still be in the Eagles. Just like Lindsey should be in FM. You CAN'T fire an integral member of the band,unless you're just a crazy, self absorbed b*tch.

I've become a much bigger Eagles fan over the past few years, and I've always tried to figure out who's the bigger As*hole, Don or Glenn? I've watched History of the Eagles a million times now. Don is pompous, but in most of the old footage, Glenn is just a first class PRICK. NOT LIKEABLE AT ALL. ~My personal take~ of it all is that Glenn was VERY jealous that Don became the STAR of the Eagles.....HIS band, and he never learned to deal with it. Glenn mellowed out in the later years, but I'd like to slug him in all of the old videos.
I think your assessment is spot on. Don is just a surly guy in general. Glenn was a complete prick. Even that famous threat/fight on stage with Felder at their last show in 1980, he comes off as such a complete bully/jerk. The swing of the pendulum from Glenn to Don as the 'voice of the band' is why they can still go on with just Don as an original member. I honestly don't know if it would work as well with someone being pulled in to replace Henley's vocals. His voice is too unique and too big a part of many of their main songs.

I did laugh during the documentary about the reunion in 1994 where Don and Glenn both stated they had the main solo careers that sustained interest in the band for 14 years. That's true to a point...but Don's solo career was a LOT more successful than Glenn's. Either way, they f'd over Don Felder. They had a contract to evenly split things. It was the band's way since inception and it was a garbage thing to do after all of those years.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think your assessment is spot on. Don is just a surly guy in general. Glenn was a complete prick. Even that famous threat/fight on stage with Felder at their last show in 1980, he comes off as such a complete bully/jerk. The swing of the pendulum from Glenn to Don as the 'voice of the band' is why they can still go on with just Don as an original member. I honestly don't know if it would work as well with someone being pulled in to replace Henley's vocals. His voice is too unique and too big a part of many of their main songs.

I did laugh during the documentary about the reunion in 1994 where Don and Glenn both stated they had the main solo careers that sustained interest in the band for 14 years. That's true to a point...but Don's solo career was a LOT more successful than Glenn's. Either way, they f'd over Don Felder. They had a contract to evenly split things. It was the band's way since inception and it was a garbage thing to do after all of those years.
IMO, ANY decent singer can sing Glenn's songs. His voice wasn't that unique. Don however, is irreplaceable. Can you imagine anyone else singing Witchy Woman? It just wouldn't work. When Don is done, it's the end of the Eagles.

And you're right, Henley's solo career was twice as successful as Glenn's.
The Heat Is On? Smuggler's Blues? CHEESEBALL CITY.

Sunset Grill? A.R.T.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IMO, ANY decent singer can sing Glenn's songs. His voice wasn't that unique. Don however, is irreplaceable. Can you imagine anyone else singing Witchy Woman? It just wouldn't work. When Don is done, it's the end of the Eagles.

And you're right, Henley's solo career was twice as successful as Glenn's.
The Heat Is On? Smuggler's Blues? CHEESEBALL CITY.

Sunset Grill? A.R.T.
Has Henley written a hit song without a co-writer?
I feel like it's either been Hornsby, Danny K, or Campbell
Old 06-09-2022, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Has Henley written a hit song without a co-writer?
I feel like it's either been Hornsby, Danny K, or Campbell
Don has written or co-written so many good ones: Sunset Grill, Dirty Laundry, The Boys of Summer, The End of the Innocence, The Heart of the Matter. Glenn wrote one song I really loved — The One You Love — which he sang at the Fleetwood Mac concert in Laguna.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2022, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Don has written or co-written so many good ones: Sunset Grill, Dirty Laundry, The Boys of Summer, The End of the Innocence, The Heart of the Matter. Glenn wrote one song I really loved — The One You Love — which he sang at the Fleetwood Mac concert in Laguna.
New York Minute, Taking You Home, Everything is Different Now, That Old Flame, Last Worthless Evening.

Glenn had it really big with You Belong to the City on the Miami Vice soundtrack. Eagles did it in their live shows. They used to do a lot of solo stuff but now the solo stuff is Joe's songs.