Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie writing her memoirs?

We all know Stevie likes to re-write history, and she's at it again. And she's recently been thinking about capturing her memories on tape, and it would take 4 different books to capture her life.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/stevie...ed-my-cocaine/

Stevie Nicks says she ‘saved’ herself from addiction: ‘I survived my cocaine’
By Samantha Ibrahim
August 18, 2021 7:18pm Updated

Sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll is a mantra Stevie Nicks used to live by — like many other musicians in the industry — but no longer.

The iconic singer opened up to Tim McGraw on his Apple Music Country show “Beyond the Influence Radio” on Wednesday about how she “saved” herself from her addiction issues.

Nicks, 73, said if she were to ever share her life story with fans, the Fleetwood Mac frontwoman would like to avoid sharing her experiences with drugs.

“I managed to save myself. I got through some pretty scary moments, but I saved me, nobody else saved me,” she told the country singer. “I survived me. I survived my cocaine. I survived by myself.”

“I checked myself into rehab. Nobody did that for me. I did it and that’s like with my whole life,” she continued. “So I would dance over those parts just to give the wisdom out to people.”

Nicks added that the concept of publishing her life story has taken her years to think about. If she ever did, she added, it would need to be chopped up into four different books.

“I think that what I would do first, and only lately have I thought this, I might sit down at some point across the kitchen table with some of my girlfriends who have been there for a lot of it and put on a tape recorder and just start talking from the very beginning,” she said.

In 1981, Nicks embarked on a solo career after joining Fleetwood Mac in 1975. “Fleetwood Mac was my team,” she explained to McGraw. “I had them and I felt safe. So I felt like, ‘I’m not trying to break up this band, I’m just trying to actually keep this band together.’ Because what’s going to keep this band together is me being able to make the odd solo album here and there when you guys are doing other things.”

Back in October, the “Edge of Seventeen” crooner told the Associated Press that the pandemic forced her to be homebound when she prefers to be singing live on the road.

“This pandemic is more than just a pandemic for me. This is stealing what I consider to be my last youthful years,” Nicks told the AP. “I don’t have just 10 years to hang around and wait for this thing to go away. I have places to go, people to sing for, another album to make. With every day that goes by, it’s like taking this time away from me. That I think is the hardest thing for me.”

“I have a lot of friends that are 60 and they’re going, ‘Oh I’m so old, I’m 60.’ I’m like, ‘You know what, the violins of the world are playing for you. You’re going to really appreciate 60 when you turn 72,’” she continued at the time. “I don’t feel like the whole world is really getting behind getting this to go away. I feel like people are just thinking it really is just magically going away. All it takes is a few people that don’t wear a mask to spread. Just let one person catch it from you and there it goes — it’s like the never-ending story. That worries me because I’m going, ‘Will it really be gone by the end of 2021?'”

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-19-2021 at 12:09 AM..
Old 08-19-2021, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
We all know Stevie likes to re-write history, and she's at it again. And she's recently been thinking about capturing her memories on tape, and it would take 4 different books to capture her life.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/stevie...ed-my-cocaine/

Stevie Nicks says she ‘saved’ herself from addiction: ‘I survived my cocaine’
By Samantha Ibrahim
August 18, 2021 7:18pm Updated

Sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll is a mantra Stevie Nicks used to live by — like many other musicians in the industry — but no longer.

The iconic singer opened up to Tim McGraw on his Apple Music Country show “Beyond the Influence Radio” on Wednesday about how she “saved” herself from her addiction issues.

Nicks, 73, said if she were to ever share her life story with fans, the Fleetwood Mac frontwoman would like to avoid sharing her experiences with drugs.

“I managed to save myself. I got through some pretty scary moments, but I saved me, nobody else saved me,” she told the country singer. “I survived me. I survived my cocaine. I survived by myself.”

“I checked myself into rehab. Nobody did that for me. I did it and that’s like with my whole life,” she continued. “So I would dance over those parts just to give the wisdom out to people.”

Nicks added that the concept of publishing her life story has taken her years to think about. If she ever did, she added, it would need to be chopped up into four different books.

“I think that what I would do first, and only lately have I thought this, I might sit down at some point across the kitchen table with some of my girlfriends who have been there for a lot of it and put on a tape recorder and just start talking from the very beginning,” she said.

In 1981, Nicks embarked on a solo career after joining Fleetwood Mac in 1975. “Fleetwood Mac was my team,” she explained to McGraw. “I had them and I felt safe. So I felt like, ‘I’m not trying to break up this band, I’m just trying to actually keep this band together.’ Because what’s going to keep this band together is me being able to make the odd solo album here and there when you guys are doing other things.”

Back in October, the “Edge of Seventeen” crooner told the Associated Press that the pandemic forced her to be homebound when she prefers to be singing live on the road.

“This pandemic is more than just a pandemic for me. This is stealing what I consider to be my last youthful years,” Nicks told the AP. “I don’t have just 10 years to hang around and wait for this thing to go away. I have places to go, people to sing for, another album to make. With every day that goes by, it’s like taking this time away from me. That I think is the hardest thing for me.”

“I have a lot of friends that are 60 and they’re going, ‘Oh I’m so old, I’m 60.’ I’m like, ‘You know what, the violins of the world are playing for you. You’re going to really appreciate 60 when you turn 72,’” she continued at the time. “I don’t feel like the whole world is really getting behind getting this to go away. I feel like people are just thinking it really is just magically going away. All it takes is a few people that don’t wear a mask to spread. Just let one person catch it from you and there it goes — it’s like the never-ending story. That worries me because I’m going, ‘Will it really be gone by the end of 2021?'”
You think she will leave out the hundreds oof men she slept with?
Old 08-19-2021, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
“I don’t have just 10 years to hang around and wait for this thing to go away. I have places to go, people to sing for, another album to make.”
I guess she must have to travel to all those apartments she was planning on dancing around in.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Is she high? Seriously.
"I checked myself into rehab. Nobody did that for me"

She is rewriting history. Her management forced her to go. She bailed on Betty Ford and did not even complete 30 days. She wrote a song called "Escape from Berlin" pretty much bashing the rehab center. When she got out, she took aim at everyone who tried to get her help and fired her management company.

She has even blamed her use of klonopin on other people. She has always stated her friends were so fearful she would relapse they sent her to a doctor.

I think she did about 5 lines before doing this interview.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Is she high? Seriously.
"I checked myself into rehab. Nobody did that for me"

She is rewriting history. Her management forced her to go. She bailed on Betty Ford and did not even complete 30 days. She wrote a song called "Escape from Berlin" pretty much bashing the rehab center. When she got out, she took aim at everyone who tried to get her help and fired her management company.

She has even blamed her use of klonopin on other people. She has always stated her friends were so fearful she would relapse they sent her to a doctor.

I think she did about 5 lines before doing this interview.
Yes, even Mick's first book she was forced:

Complicating matters slightly in the spring of 1987 was Stevie's admission to the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs to get her life under control. This was done through an "intervention" by friends, members of her family, and the management company. Stevie spent twenty-eight days in a successful treatment for alcohol problems, but she didn't like being coerced into entering this facility, and Frontline was fired shortly thereafter.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, even Mick's first book she was forced:

Complicating matters slightly in the spring of 1987 was Stevie's admission to the Betty Ford Center in Palm Springs to get her life under control. This was done through an "intervention" by friends, members of her family, and the management company. Stevie spent twenty-eight days in a successful treatment for alcohol problems, but she didn't like being coerced into entering this facility, and Frontline was fired shortly thereafter.
True but I don't need the book as a reminder. I remember it in real time. Notice it was 28 days. She was supposed to stay at least 30. I remember MTV clips like "Stevie runs away from rehab and is not talking to anyone". Indirectly this led to her klonopin addiction. Because she ditched rehab her friends and family became even more concerned thus requesting her see a doctor. When her tranquilizer addiction was full bloom no one dared say a word because of what happened the first time. Everyone was fired so they all became silent enablers.
Old 08-19-2021, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is just following the trend of history rewriting and facts don't matter. It works wonders for people with power and influence. Disappointing at this stage to see her try to pass off a total lie about her past and people swallow it up. So many people who stood by her so thoroughly thrown under the bus. Wonder how Sharona really feels?
Old 08-19-2021, 09:44 AM

Let me get this straight... $tevie Nicks lied to the public to make herself look better? This is unbelievable!!!
Old 08-19-2021, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her comments on keeping the Mac together fall flat also. She so lives in the past. I'm sure Tim was instructed to not ask her about Lindsey. Interesting interview though. I never knew she had a record deal out of high school.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She says her life story would have to be chopped up into Four books.

One: before Fleetwood Mac
Two: the Mac years
Three: solo career
And what ??

maybe ideas for the fourth book could be
The drug years..
How to sh*g anyone and everyone..
My cook book recipes..
How to build an ego.
How to handle HR problems in business..( how to fire staff)
Selective memory and how it works…
Etc etc etc
Old 08-19-2021, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's not a lie, if you believe it Jerry". - George $tevie Costanza

$he really is NUTS. It's like $he doesn't think that thousands of people know the truth, yet $he's going to sit there and lie through her teeth.

What a LOON. What a F*CKING LOON.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more things that raise eyebrows in her memoir.

She taught Lindsey how to play guitar
She played the piano opening riff to Hold Me
Old 08-19-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I really do believe that she needs to be assessed for some form of dementia at this point.

Old 08-19-2021, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
A recent Audible survey teased the idea of Stevie doing an audiobook as part of its Words+Music series. I’ve used Audible for a long time and usually when we get surveyed on something, it’s already in the works. I hope this is what Stevie is talking about!
Old 08-19-2021, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote: