User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2022, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If Stevie ever felt he was stepping on her musically in concert, she should have put more intensity into her performance. That's what they both used to do in the old days -- try to batter the hell out of each other with passionate arena rock showmanship -- and it made for a memorable show, especially if you were within twenty or thirty rows of the stage. (That's why they used to call Christine the eye of the hurricane.) The jiu jitsu started on "Monday Morning" and spiked and troughed through a two-hour set. The hand-holding cutesiness of "Angel" on the St. Louis film was early in the tour and did not last -- that song and others (like "World Turning" and "Go Your Own Way") developed into a Buckingham vs. Nicks fight for stage supremacy, whether through instrumental or vocal means. None of this "He's playing too loud" griping. When he turned it up, she turned it up. You guys have all seen "The Chain" from the 1982 LA gig. There were great patches like that at literally every show. I've always said that what everybody lauded as a one-off of emotional energy was happening all the time, actually. (You should have seen the Irvine Meadows show three days before that. LA was just like second and third takes.) It was thrilling back then because they really put it all into Fleetwood Mac. The band members were still tight enough to go outrageously over the top.
And it was inspiration through competition. It only began to bother Stevie when she couldn’t keep up any longer, when aches and pains left her unable to do what had been so effortless in her youth. Jump a foot off the ground in platforms, scream without fear of hurting her vocal chords, pound the stage without a break, etc. That’s when she began to tell herself and her fans that Lindsey was monopolizing the stage. Lindsay did what he had always done. The problem was, he didn’t voluntarily take it down a notch because she was FORCED to take it down the match. So that made him unbearable.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That’s when she began to tell herself and her fans that Lindsey was monopolizing the stage. Lindsay did what he had always done
I never once heard her complain that LB monopolized the stage. It's Lindsey, BTW. (Haha. Gotcha)
Old 02-06-2022, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I never once heard her complain that LB monopolized the stage. It's Lindsey, BTW. (Haha. Gotcha)
I can’t find the whirling dervish quote, but that’s where she talked about him running around the stage and said she couldn’t compete with that. Was she complaining? You could say not, but her fans complained bitterly. He was trying to upstage her, they insisted . No, her own past upstaged her.

I don’t argue with Siri or autocorrect about the spelling of that man’s name. As I have said many times, I don’t even fight often about the spelling of my own name, I don’t care about his and I question Rutheda’s choices.

When I was on my desktop computer years ago, I was a spelling pro. Now, I am on my iPad and whatever happens happens.
Old 02-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can’t find the whirling dervish quote, but that’s where she talked about him running around the stage and said she couldn’t compete with that. Was she complaining? You could say not, but her fans complained bitterly. He was trying to upstage her, they insisted . No, her own past upstaged her.

I don’t argue with Siri or autocorrect about the spelling of that man’s name. As I have said many times, I don’t even fight often about the spelling of my own name, I don’t care about his and I question Rutheda’s choices.

When I was on my desktop computer years ago, I was a spelling pro. Now, I am on my iPad and whatever happens happens.
I actually fretted a bit you might send me to Ledgie jail for writing that. I still use a desktop. I like my large screen and I have always been the grammar police. And you know I'm not like most Stevie fans. I actually have a sense of humor.
Old 02-06-2022, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I actually fretted a bit you might send me to Ledgie jail for writing that. I still use a desktop. I like my large screen and I have always been the grammar police. And you know I'm not like most Stevie fans. I actually have a sense of humor.
I appreciate every point in this post. I hate posting on my phone, because mistakes are inevitable when doing so.
And I too am a member of the grammar police. I TRY to keep my badge put away, but I'm secretly judging... oh yes....I am.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I use the speaker to dictate and sometimes, I am not kidding, the words change just as you hit SEND.

It will have the correct phrase and then, just as I hit send, it converts it to something no human would ever say.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I use the speaker to dictate and sometimes, I am not kidding, the words change just as you hit SEND.

It will have the correct phrase and then, just as I hit send, it converts it to something no human would ever say.
Voice to text(which I use half of the time) ALWAYS gets at least one word wrong. Butt(pun) I'm so anal, I HAVE to proofread and fix it before hitting send. If I'm driving and voice to texting a friend, I will ALWAYS preface my texts with, "I'm driving, so please forgive the voice to texts mistakes".
Old 02-08-2022, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! I'm listening to The Dance right now, but I made a playlist including Oh Daddy and Second Hand News from a radio broadcast. It sounds really good! It's hard for me to know that most of the parts were recorded at the studio. The songs which were broadcasted on radio were also pre-recorded too?? I feel no difference!!
I definitely would say that, if a deluxe edition includes ALL the songs which were played but not released with any version of the album, FM and Warner can count with my vote. Definitely!
Everytime I hear the entire album, it sounds really fresh for me.
Old 02-08-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi! I'm listening to The Dance right now, but I made a playlist including Oh Daddy and Second Hand News from a radio broadcast. It sounds really good! It's hard for me to know that most of the parts were recorded at the studio. The songs which were broadcasted on radio were also pre-recorded too?? I feel no difference!!
I definitely would say that, if a deluxe edition includes ALL the songs which were played but not released with any version of the album, FM and Warner can count with my vote. Definitely!
I forgot about the radio broadcast. I had listened to that one a few times.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In fact, ordering some files on my PC, I found them and included on The Dance folder. Was good to hear something closer to the complete setlist they used to do on that tour, of course knowing that they had some exceptions on some dates! Even Oh Daddy, which is not a favourite of mine, sounds pretty cool with a "1997" sound!
Old 02-08-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
In fact, ordering some files on my PC, I found them and included on The Dance folder. Was good to hear something closer to the complete setlist they used to do on that tour, of course knowing that they had some exceptions on some dates! Even Oh Daddy, which is not a favourite of mine, sounds pretty cool with a "1997" sound!
Honestly, after hearing the Dance version, I fell in love with the song, (again).
Old 02-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi! I'm listening to The Dance right now, but I made a playlist including Oh Daddy and Second Hand News from a radio broadcast. It sounds really good! It's hard for me to know that most of the parts were recorded at the studio.
I would say that most of what we’re hearing on the album comes from the live Burbank performances. Of course, the band polished the mixes in production and then mastered everything carefully, but this idea that the majority of the live album is from post-production cannot be true.

Quote:
The songs which were broadcasted on radio were also pre-recorded too??
I don’t think so. The Westwood One radio broadcast might have had some post-production done, but the majority is a recorded concert as heard at Irvine Meadows on the tour.

I think other people go overboard with their claims that such-and-such is all post-production. If Fleetwood Mac had done as much post-production on the 1980 LIVE album as some people say, it would have taken the band another six months to get the album out.

Quote:
If they could just round up all the stray songs, that would be a great start. I remember that “Gold Dust Woman” was on a CD single or something else, as were a few others. Add “Go Insane,” “Gold Dust Woman,” and anything else that appears on the DVD but was left off the album in 1997. If they want to stick some tour performances in, go for it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2022, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I would say that most of what we’re hearing on the album comes from the live Burbank performances. Of course, the band polished the mixes in production and then mastered everything carefully, but this idea that the majority of the live album is from post-production cannot be true.

I don’t think so. The Westwood One radio broadcast might have had some post-production done, but the majority is a recorded concert as heard at Irvine Meadows on the tour.

I think other people go overboard with their claims that such-and-such is all post-production. If Fleetwood Mac had done as much post-production on the 1980 LIVE album as some people say, it would have taken the band another six months to get the album out.

If they could just round up all the stray songs, that would be a great start. I remember that “Gold Dust Woman” was on a CD single or something else, as were a few others. Add “Go Insane,” “Gold Dust Woman,” and anything else that appears on the DVD but was left off the album in 1997. If they want to stick some tour performances in, go for it.
I'm throwing the BS FLAG. From Mirage forward, everything was overdubbed. At least as far as guitar solos. There's a reason the solos are always a "side shot".
Old 02-09-2022, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm throwing the BS FLAG. From Mirage forward, everything was overdubbed. At least as far as guitar solos. There's a reason the solos are always a "side shot".
Elementary, my dear Watson

Circumstantial evidence but Lindsey's guitar licks on You Make Loving Fun are insane on Mirage. Its perfection just like the album and I have never heard him duplicate that again live. Maybe its age. Maybe its overdubbed or maybe its Memorex
Old 02-09-2022, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good points those you wrote!
It's hard to find live albums not overdubbed, except if they were recorded in a very particular way. Live sounds more "natural" than The Dance, even knowing Live was recorded in stadiums and The Dance in a smaller place...
I have some examples, but the things overdubbed of course don't make the 100% of the final product...maybe a guitar, maybe a keyboard!
I was SO sure that there's Lindsey's backing vocals on My Little Demon. Listening to it yesterday, I repeated the chorus and the voice behind his wasn't Stevie's, wasn't Sharon's, wasn't Chris'...
If not the instruments, voices are something almost always modified!