User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
& this isn't an invasion of their privacy? no woman wants the world to know something like that. not to mention it's a huge cut to them. i know few details about cheri except that there was a car accident when lb was drunk & cheri was messed up. & i read although i couldn't cite the source that cheri was given money if she never talked publicly. someone please correct me if i'm wrong. i love, admire & respect lb but can't look at him as a victim in all this when it's clear he's talked about former gfs in a not-so-redeeming light. anne heche? come? come on.
I think it's part of the possibilities when you date a rock star .... your affair may just be written about in a book or a song some day. And same goes when you date a non-rock star, I am sure we've all trashed our exes and they've trashed us in one way or another. It's just not read or heard by as many people .....
Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I haven't actually read the book yet, but I hear there's a part where Carol talks about Stevie's dog ingesting cocaine and running around in circles.

Now, I know she wants us to find that deathly serious, but let's face it, the potential for a future Fleetwood Mac comedy just rose exponentially.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I haven't actually read the book yet, but I hear there's a part where Carol talks about Stevie's dog ingesting cocaine and running around in circles.

Now, I know she wants us to find that deathly serious, but let's face it, the potential for a future Fleetwood Mac comedy just rose exponentially.
LMAO
i know its not supposed to be funny, but that reminded me of chickens running around headless....

it really makes one wonder how the dog could have gotten the cocaine

oh, and yeah, i think they should make a FM comedy...id go see it..
Old 07-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Lindsey wasn't that upset about his breakup with STevie?? Is that why he STILL claims to not have closure? Those Tusk songs sound sort of bitter to me...........

Something doesn't add up Miss Carol Ann.

Mine shipped out on the 26th. I was coerced into buying this trash.
I don't take it so black and white. Yeah, Lindsey was likely upset -- but not over his break up with Stevie; they were both probably ready to move on at that point...their relationship was doomed. What he was mostly upset about was the fact that he couldn't get away from her (the spectar) -- he still had to work with her.

Think about that: how would you feel if you wanted to/had to remove yourself and breakaway from someone, yet the circumstances of your professional relationship together made that impossible? Wouldn't you feel a little frustrated...or "upset"?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-01-2007 at 11:18 AM..
Old 07-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Think about that: how would you feel if you wanted to/had to remove yourself and breakaway from someone, yet the circumstances of your professional relationship together made that impossible? Wouldn't you feel a little frustrated...or "upset"?
Agreed. It almost seems like an impossible task. I would never ever want to work with an ex!!!! eek!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

I got my copy yesterday and am up to the 5th chapter. She paints herself as a young kid from the mid-west who goes to "hollywood" to see the world. One interesting thing from the book is that she got to listen to Rumours before it came out. Lindsey wanted her opinion. A fresh perspective. He thought Gold Dust Woman needed something and got a plate of glass that they took out into the parking lot where Mick smashed it. They recorded it and that was the beginning of the song. I'd heard about the glass but I've never really heard it in the song. I'll have to really listen next time. I think she has written a good tell-all so far. No one is portrayed unfairly but I don't think she showed Stevie in a good light. She claims the first conversation she had with Stevie was when Stevie came over to her and said they shared the same birthday and she asked if Carol liked to wear black. When Carol said yes, she thinks all blonds look good in black, Stevie said that must be why Lindsey is with you, your like me. That's cold!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody View Post
She claims the first conversation she had with Stevie was when Stevie came over to her and said they shared the same birthday and she asked if Carol liked to wear black. When Carol said yes, she thinks all blonds look good in black, Stevie said that must be why Lindsey is with you, your like me.
Well, duh.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Well, duh.

All these coincidences...

Old 07-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she showed Stevie in a good light. She claims the first conversation she had with Stevie was when Stevie came over to her and said they shared the same birthday and she asked if Carol liked to wear black. When Carol said yes, she thinks all blonds look good in black, Stevie said that must be why Lindsey is with you, your like me. That's cold!!![/QUOTE]

On one of the other boards I've read that some of the guys who worked with the band said that although Stevie was outwardly nice to Carol, she was actually very upset by the relationship and tried hard behind the scenes to help engineer a break-up between Carol and LB. If that's true and Carol was aware of it, I suppose Stevie isn't her favourite person.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Well, duh.

stevie did have some ammunition in that area, though. ever seen the line up of lindsey's post-stevie girlfriends? it is hilarious. all pale shadows of her. he definitely has a "type."

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
On one of the other boards I've read that some of the guys who worked with the band said that although Stevie was outwardly nice to Carol, she was actually very upset by the relationship and tried hard behind the scenes to help engineer a break-up between Carol and LB. If that's true and Carol was aware of it, I suppose Stevie isn't her favourite person.
Hm, hm. I got this from 7W:

In one passage I read, Lindsey and Carol were house hunting and Stevie found out which house and was there when Lindsey and Carol showed up. Stevie claimed she wanted the house too.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ That just cracks me up. I can totally see Stevie doing that. She wanted to be the bitch that got the house on the Hill.

IMHO, I get the impression from this book that CA is completely romanticizing her relationship with LB. It does not sound reasonable for her to claim that Lindsey was not upset about his break up with Stevie when he himself has said otherwise. He said he never had closure, that the spectre of Stevie disabled several long term relationships he had, ones he knew were doomed but stayed in them anyway. He even said only the first year or two with these gals was any good. I do not believe CA turned down a marriage proposal from LB...sorry but I just don't. I may be wrong about my impressions of course but based on how she worded many of the passages, it seems like she is trying to portray herself as his greatest love ever and Stevie as really nothing that special.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 07-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I may be wrong about my impressions of course but based on how she worded many of the passages, it seems like she is trying to portray herself as his greatest love ever and Stevie as really nothing that special.
And we all know THAT is a bunch of BS!! Message to CA - watch LB's VH1 Behind the Music at a minimum, prior to writing a book about him, lol!
Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hello all. I am new to this list-- a pretty big fan of Buckingham's music, decent fan of Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I was sent a copy of Storms to review for a website-- being a Buckingham fan, I wanted to do it. I'm not completely sure what to make of it other than it's an entertaining read and to me a very sad story regardless of how much of it is true.
Harris' allegations of Lindsey's physical abuse are pretty serious, though, more so than has been mentioned here. According to her, in addition to choking her, he hits her in the face and drags her by her hair.
I'm just wondering if any of this has come up before-- I read somewhere that Harris discussed it on a talk show in the '90s. I can believe Buckingham being an unpredictable, sometimes misogynistic guy. Some of the scenes in the book, though, shocked me. I can't right now think of Buckingham without thinking about that.

I'm wondering if Buckingham has ever been confronted on this. Harris' insinuation is that he pretends it never happens. If he hasn't I imagine it'll come up now in some interviews.

I don't know that Harris ever actually says she "turned down" a marriage proposal, except at the very end of the affair, after Go Insane has come out. I take it that prior to that they were engaged though she claims she put off a wedding date.

One interesting note, which may or may not affect her credibility-- in the advance copy of the book, at the end of the scene at Claptons where they're playing darts (p. 70), there's another line where Harris says "You'll shoot your eye out" and makes a reference to the movie A Christmas Story. Of course, a fact checker must have caught that it was impossible, as the movie didn't exist at the time! She also refers to Buckingham being in the Save Me video, which she designed costumes for-- but of course that was a couple years after he left the band.

Cheers-
Old 07-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this worthless maggot makes no money whatsoever off this piece of trash.