User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Would you like to wager on Time being rereleased? I would.

Deserve recognition?????? Like when they kept Bob Welch from being inducted into the R&RHOF? These people don't care about who deserves what. Sorry, but they don't.
When I say Rick and Billy and the others deserve recognition, I didn’t mean by FM, I meant by the fans. A rerelease would be one way to recognize their contributions. Honestly, I never expected FM’s early albums to be rereleased, but they were, so that gives me hope their later albums will be. And if the label doesn’t think a rerelease of Time would sell well on its own, then combining it with BTM makes sense. I mean, I would pick up a deluxe BTM in a heartbeat, but not Time. As someone already pointed out, BTM sold better than Live, and Live is getting the deluxe treatment.

Besides, we all know that it’s the diehard FM fans buying these rereleases. A casual fan isn’t going to pay $100 for the Deluxe Editions... or even the much cheaper but still pricey rereleases. The fact that so many albums have gotten the Deluxe treatment means the diehard fans are enough to justify the label doing this. What can I say, I have faith.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When I say Rick and Billy and the others deserve recognition, I didn’t mean by FM, I meant by the fans. A rerelease would be one way to recognize their contributions. Honestly, I never expected FM’s early albums to be rereleased, but they were, so that gives me hope their later albums will be. And if the label doesn’t think a rerelease of Time would sell well on its own, then combining it with BTM makes sense. I mean, I would pick up a deluxe BTM in a heartbeat, but not Time. As someone already pointed out, BTM sold better than Live, and Live is getting the deluxe treatment.

Besides, we all know that it’s the diehard FM fans buying these rereleases. A casual fan isn’t going to pay $100 for the Deluxe Editions... or even the much cheaper but still pricey rereleases. The fact that so many albums have gotten the Deluxe treatment means the diehard fans are enough to justify the label doing this. What can I say, I have faith.
Don't get me wrong, I love both Billy and Rick, and have met both of them in Nashville(okay, Billy came into the bathroom, and pee'd beside me, so that was more of an.....organic meeting). They're both nice guys, and I wish them the recognition they deserve. But that doesn't mean they'll get it, especially from the selfish bunch that is FM.

I actually like Time better than BTM. But a rerelease of either better not be more than $20, or they're in serious marketing trouble. A $100 LIVE is a huge mistake for an album that didn't sell well 40 years ago. Dump the vinyl and sell it for $35-40, if you want to move more than a (very) few thousand copies. At $100, I'd be shocked if they sold more that 5K copies. That's a lot of money for something that was never popular to begin with!
Old 02-24-2021, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Valid argument. However, BTM had no Lindsey, and did have two relative unknowns.
I think why they're doing LIVE over BTM is because of the songlist; people in the US see the tracklist includes familiar songs, Dreams, Don't Stop, Hold Me, Sara, Tusk AND Oh! It's live versions... Oh I don't have live versions... I'll get it!

Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
They're like "WTF is this? Pass"

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-24-2021 at 10:53 PM..
Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think why they're doing LIVE over BTM is because of the songlist; people in the US see the tracklist includes familiar songs, Dreams, Don't Stop, Hold Me, Sara, Tusk AND Oh! It's live versions... Oh I don't have live versions... I'll get it!

Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
While this is very true, this logic didn't work 40 years ago, when they tried it then. But I LOVED it!!! I bought it the day it was released, and couldn't unwrap it quickly enough to play it in the car on the drive home. But we're not exactly casual fans here....

I won't buy BTM or Time unless they're super cheap. The original releases are more than enough!
Old 02-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While this is very true, this logic didn't work 40 years ago, when they tried it then.
Well I'm sticking with my belief!
I say the songs were still newish then. Now they're beloved classics.

If Gaga released a live album today of performances from 3-4 yrs ago, Idt it would sell great.

Last thing, this release isnt even the true LIVE album as I comprehend it.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good point, but one would say the same thing about the 1969-1974 box set- no Stevie or Lindsey, no big hits, etc. Only diehard fans would buy these deluxe editions, and apparently enough diehard FM fans are buying them that the label is now rereleasing the albums without Lindsey or Stevie, which is a good sign. I mean, no one expected a rerelease of Live, and yet here it’s coming.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good point, but one would say the same thing about the 1969-1974 box set- no Stevie or Lindsey, no big hits, etc.
My personal feeling is that the pre-BN FM music is revered because it's the original FM. BTM is a continuation of the pop rock band FM became with LB/Stevie.

The 1969-74 set is interesting to people as it says 1969-1974; An anthology of years connects more with people than an album they may never heard of, BTM. Plus, if these people listen to Classic Rock stations, they'll be familiar with Hypnotized, Oh Well, Sentimental Lady, BMW.

All of this is just my thinking but I feel confident about it.

I hope you get a BTM reissue. I really don't know what extra tracks would go with it!
Old 02-25-2021, 11:51 AM
Ledgie

I just can't see Mick passing over the chance of making more money from Behind The Mask & Time re-issues, plus i think it would be a bit petty just to leave them out of any re-issue campaign.
Old 02-25-2021, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I just can't see Mick passing over the chance of making more money from Behind The Mask & Time re-issues, plus i think it would be a bit petty just to leave them out of any re-issue campaign.
If they sell 5K copies, will Mick actually see any money? Probably not.

THEY'RE NOT DOING THIS FOR ART'S SAKE.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
Hi Justin. It's not Mick's call, it's Warner Bros. I learned that in the LIVE Deluxe Set thread. If you think about it, it does seem like they're leaving BTM and TIME out.
They did LIVE reissue 3 years after reissuing Tango. Why didnt they go right from Tango to BTM.
Maybe just idiocy
Old 02-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never thought Mick's two 80s solo albums would ever see a rerelease but it happened. A deluxe version of BTM is a longshot and Time is an even longer one. I'd be one of the first (and few) in line for both of them.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi Justin. It's not Mick's call, it's Warner Bros. I learned that in the LIVE Deluxe Set thread. If you think about it, it does seem like they're leaving BTM and TIME out.
They did LIVE reissue 3 years after reissuing Tango. Why didnt they go right from Tango to BTM.
Maybe just idiocy
But they're obviously paying attention to releasing albums in order of declining popularity, and the sales associated with each release. If Live tanks, you can bet that that affects the chances of seeing the masterpieces that are BTM and Time.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they're obviously paying attention to releasing albums in order of declining popularity, and the sales associated with each release.
You're right, they actually did the Rumours deluxe first in 2013, Tusk in 2015, Mirage 2016, and Fleetwood Mac in 2018!

I think the only BTM and Time songs that were put on Very Best Of and 50 Years Don't Stop were Save Me, Skies the Limit, and I Do

I know there were a few on The Chain, but that was 2 years after BTM's release so I'm sure they wanted to highlight recent work
Old 02-26-2021, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I never thought Mick's two 80s solo albums would ever see a rerelease but it happened. A deluxe version of BTM is a longshot and Time is an even longer one. I'd be one of the first (and few) in line for both of them.
Happy birthday!
Old 02-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Let's face it, they're doing Live because it's the FIVE!!!!!

After that who knows...
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.