User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Well, she did make the time. That is my point. Yet, you state she should have bowed out even if she was part of the band. Again, clearly 0she did what she could. I think they should have waited for her to finish rehab and then start the record. That way LB could have released his record. But, FM made this group decision. So, who am I to argue with their logic
I said that if she couldn't make her contributions a priority and make sure that they were great, she should've bowed out. But she didn't and we got the resulting musical atrocities.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
But, in Stevie's case, the music was of lesser quality and that reflected in sales. Trust me, I'm a HUGE Stevie fan. I don't care for RAL and SA at all or her TITN stuff, the rest I'm okay with. But, if you look at the timeline, the music got worse with each album and so did the sales. I think sales declined because her image was cartoonish AND because the music was of lesser quality. The sales didn't decline because it was good music.
Quote:
Anyone can sit there, sing a song, and say they put in the effort. She didn't.

She used a song she hadn't written, one that made absolutely no sense, and another that I consider to be utter garbage. She was there for days, whereas everyone else was there for months. If that's effort, then I stand by my assessment that Lindsey is vastly underrated.
I realize you don't care for the music on those albums, and neither do CarneVaca and some others... but I also know quite a number of people who DO enjoy those albums. So again, we're down to a matter of opinion.
Ask David to name his favorite Stevie Nicks album. The last time I looked, it was 'Street Angel'... and I don't think anyone would accuse David of being a deluded Stevie fan.

We're also not taking into account the fact that Stevie probably felt very strongly about the two self-penned songs she contributed to 'Tango.'
The amount of time she spent in the studio might have been half-assed, but I bet those songs had a huge amount of personal meaning to her.

Another thing we're not taking into account is the fact that Fleetwood Mac chose those particular songs, out of several others Stevie offered at the time.
They could have very easily chosen the other songs, or pushed to record older songs Stevie had offered for previous Mac albums. "Smile At You" or "If You Were My Love," being two great examples.

And finally... I'm noticing that much is being made of Stevie "whining" and "complaining" to the band that she wasn't on 'Tango' enough.
An episode that, to the best of my knowledge, has ONLY ever been recounted in Mick's book... the same book which we were recently decrying for not being entirely factual, and for being, at times, rather embellished.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:51 PM

Quote:
So, you agree she made the effort, you just wish she had not because of the material she gave. I think we have a detente
Hmmm.... I don't think I'm agreeing to that. But whatever, dude. Let's just have some beer.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Hmmm.... I don't think I'm agreeing to that. But whatever, dude. Let's just have some beer.
Put a few valiums in Jason's.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amen to that

save the cheerleader - save the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
You said....

Which lead me to my question as to how fans who are chided for "deluding themselves" into thinking Stevie's material in that era was good, could somehow also think that very same material was "uninteresting" and that Lindsey is at fault.
Hmm... Johnny, a little bit of circuitous (not to say circular) logic there?

One hour and seven minutes to beer time.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's part of the band, it's expected that she make time. I won't sing praises because she did her job.
but you'll sing LB's for doing his job

Old 05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but you'll sing LB's for doing his job
No, because it wasn't his job to turn it into a band project.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hmm... Johnny, a little bit of circuitous (not to say circular) logic there?

One hour and seven minutes to beer time.
Yeah, it was definitely circuitous... because I was trying to follow your thought process!

Beer, eh? Can I have a Pepsi instead? Or maybe a Zima?
My brother claims "Zima iz for zizzies"... like I'm worried!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

How about we make a pact to all look at it this way:

1. It was a terrific thing Lindsey did, to put his solo album aside and devote his time and energy to Fleetwood Mac.
His decision to leave before a tour was a personal one that he needed to make for his own health and sanity, and that should be respected.

2. It was an admirable thing Stevie did, to come back to Fleetwood Mac at a time when her personal life was in a tremendous upheaval, and her health was on the line.
She could have been there more, or contributed to the album in a stronger fashion, but she deserves respect for her loyalty to the band.

3. Christine should also be respected for her loyalty to the band over the years, and the many, many tours she particpated in, despite the fact that she could have easily turned her back on Fleetwood Mac. She made a decision to no longer live her life on the road and in strange hotel rooms, and... just like Lindsey and Stevie... she deserves the right to make decisions based on her own health and happiness, and not whether she'll be letting the fans down.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

1. It was a terrific thing Lindsey did, to put his solo album aside and devote his time and energy to Fleetwood Mac.
His decision to leave before a tour was a personal one that he needed to make for his own health and sanity, and that should be respected.

2. It was an admirable thing Stevie did, to come back to Fleetwood Mac at a time when her personal life was in a tremendous upheaval, and her health was on the line.
She could have been there more, or contributed to the album in a stronger fashion, but she deserves respect for her loyalty to the band.

3. Christine should also be respected for her loyalty to the band over the years, and the many, many tours she particpated in, despite the fact that she could have easily turned her back on Fleetwood Mac. She made a decision to no longer live her life on the road and in strange hotel rooms, and... just like Lindsey and Stevie... she deserves the right to make decisions based on her own health and happiness, and not whether she'll be letting the fans down.
Amen! Johnny is an

Old 05-05-2004, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Why does Lindsey get to be point #1, why not Stevie?? I hate you all!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Or maybe a Zima?
ZIMA!!!??? They still make that stuff?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Amen! Johnny is an
I nominate Johnny Stew to be sent to the Middle East to mediate the Israeli/Palestine conflict.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Why does Lindsey get to be point #1, why not Stevie?? I hate you all!

Someone always has to be a brat!